What would we do without Gothic?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
GothicIII
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

What would we do without Gothic?

Gothic is the best RPG game I found till now. If it wasn`t for Gothic, I think we would be laying in front of the monitor and be bored.
Post Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:53 pm
Jazzy_s
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Re: What would we do without Gothic?

quote:
Originally posted by GothicIII
Gothic is the best RPG game I found till now. If it wasn`t for Gothic, I think we would be laying in front of the monitor and be bored.

well it's nice if you will lay in front of the monitor just bored and not playing with Mr.Carot
Post Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:42 pm
Naked_Lunch
Village Leader
Village Leader

If Gothic is the best RPG you've ever played, you obviously haven't played enough RPGs.
Post Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:47 pm
Jazzy_s
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Naked_Lunch
If Gothic is the best RPG you've ever played, you obviously haven't played enough RPGs.

Listen honey, I don't think it's true Gothic is the best RPG ever,it's unque,it's fantastic it's great
and I think everyone will agree with me. Tell me please what better RPG then Gothic did you played, and I will tell
you a million arguments why Gothic is better.
So if you say such things about Gothic you simply don't understand the game, and you'r not
even closely a fan of the game.
So please if you can't say something good about the game don't say it at all because it's a sin not to appreciate
this masterpiece.
And once again please, please don't talk bad about Gothic because it hearts me alot, and I might.... well doesn't matter.
Post Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:07 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

heheh i see ppl are still alive , thought i come in and say hi aswell
Post Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:24 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

To me, Gothic is the best RPG since the old times of Baldurs Gate and the like. And yes, I have played enough RPGs. Too many in fact.

Without Gothic I would probably have what people refer to as a "life", hehe.

Hey Daedalus, long time no see - how's life?
Post Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:04 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Maylander
To me, Gothic is the best RPG since the old times of Baldurs Gate and the like. And yes, I have played enough RPGs. Too many in fact.

Without Gothic I would probably have what people refer to as a "life", hehe.

Hey Daedalus, long time no see - how's life?

true true same with me , i remember i played Diablo 1 and 2 and was like thinking , yes pretty nice game , i wonder if there will come a sequel or a 3rd part , but hell when i tryed first Gothic [ok it was like for an hour or so , damn crap game what did the deverlopers think when they built those weird controls! but damn after i got used to it like after 2-3-4h[actually i dont know cos after i got the controls worked out i was 24/7 offline from real world[as some ppl call nolifer ]]] so yea gothic beats the crap out of the other rpgs that were or are coming right now out , the AI , atmosphere and dark feeling in it made it damn nice experience to play it , anyways a competition to gothic series must do some miracles to triumph over the series [not just improve graphics but something else]

to maylander: doing pretty ok i was allways checking this forum out but was allways to lazzy to log in with my account or to post something , nowdays work takes all the time usually
Post Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:33 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Its nice to see you Daedalus here!
Post Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:31 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Aye, haven't had much time myself, but I was stupid enough to start reading about Gothic 3 again some time back. That of course led to reading a few words about Gothic 1-2 again, and WOOOSH.. I keep coming back to Gothic series, I just can't avoid it. Now my social life is dead, yet again, hehe.

Glad to hear that you're fine mate, hope to see you around more.
Post Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:58 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:

I'm very curious which games you think are better than gothic and why.
Post Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:58 pm
TrUmaNshO
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Re: What would we do without Gothic?

quote:
Originally posted by GothicIII

I would have a social life
Post Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:02 pm
Neo_Genesis
The Assassin
The Assassin

quote:
Originally posted by Sem
quote:

I'm very curious which games you think are better than gothic and why.

Well, to be honest, I'm not sure if I had more fun with Gothic or KotOR (not KotOR 2, that one was way less IMO). Ofcourse, I finished Gothic three times, and KotOR only once, but none the less, I had a fantastic time playing KotOR for the first time, and never had the idea that it became less somewhere in the game. And the final boss in KotOR was actually one of the biggest challanges I had with a game since the N64. Gothic, however, was fairly easy, and I mean both Gothic I and II. I haven't played NotR so I won't count that one. I also had some points -- while playing Gothic -- That I absolutely didn't wanted to play the game, but I had to, just to cross that point.
But, while rethinking it... Maybe this talking was useless, since I actually started Gothic again two days ago, and I have lots of fun with it.

Though this topic is quite stupid, IMO. Furthermore I'm only on the computer when I have something useful to do, otherwise I'm doing something else, like having a social life.
Post Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:25 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

The story in KotOR is brilliant. The whole Revan-switch-around thing is probably the best story-element I've seen in any RPG(that I can recall at least), but the gameplay is too static to have the same replayvalue as Gothic in my opinion.

The story in KotOR2 wasn't as good as KotOR1, but the game itself had a lot of small things I miss in the first game, such as "superclasses"(Jedi Master, Sith Lord etc). I enjoyed KotOR1 slightly more than 2.

Oh well, enough about KotOR, hehe.
Post Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:51 pm
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I hate RPGs. I was in denial about Gothic even being an RPG for the first year I had it.
"But there's no inventory limit, it can't be an RPG!! IT JUST CAN'T BE!!! "

I don't know who Baldur is but I'm sure his gate is nice. I usually play third person action/adventure games. You know the kind; American McGee's Alice, Hitman, Max Payne, Jedi Knight, that sort of thing. If I will play and love Gothic then it has to be the best RPG out there... or the furthest departure from an RPG. Either way, Gothic truly rules.

There are moments, however when I reeeeally wished there were grenades in the game. Okay I know... it doesn't fit, but still that would be great.

Maybe a magic grenade?
Maybe not.
Post Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:56 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Haha, Holy Handgrenade from Monty Pythons' Holy Grail.. used to blow up the Killer Bunny! Could be something like "Handgrenade of Innos" used to blow up orcs, lol.

No seriously, Gothic is RPG allright, but the fights are more interactive than in most click-to-kill RPGs, making it more fun to fight in general. If I understand you correctly, it's not RPGs you dislike - it's standing around watching while your character kills something without actually having to do anything(unlike action games, where fighting is the primary focus).

At least this element is a plus for me in Gothic - more interactive fighting.
Post Wed Jul 27, 2005 3:52 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next