Sewer Entrance to Stormfist
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Sewer Entrance to Stormfist

A long while ago I was exploring the sewers under Rivertown and found a staircase that led up to an executioner. After I beat him, I explored the area and found a way up into Stormfist Castle.

I'm trying to go back up that way, but now the door is locked and I can't get it open. I forget if I had a key to unlock it the first time, but I don't have one now. Even with level 5 lockpick, I can't pick the lock. To the right of that room is another area that I can't enter. I moved a lot of boxes but it is solid wall.

Now I'm going to see the thief in Verdistis. He's supposed to mark another entrance on my map. I hope that entrance will let me get up into the castle itself. It will be a long time before I get my pyramids back but I won't enjoy playing until I have that dragon shield that I left in the armory!

Questions:

When I find Zandalor in Stromfist cellar, will I be able to get to the armory?

Where is the key to that staircase beyond the executioner?

Thanks.
Post Thu May 29, 2003 2:18 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Ok, in order to get the dragon armor thats in stormfist castle you have to cheat

Its entirely bugged sorry.

The easiest way is with your pyramids, you get them back from the imp to the left ( west) of where you killed the sexy demoness.

Throw one past the guards.

Ok, barring that there is a better way to cheat in its hard to describe. Walk up to the guard and he says go away. when hes done youre facing south and are walking away.... immediately when hes done face north instead and you will walk right in.

The same thing works with the guards at the dwarven king.

As I said its bugged because the prince is still giving you orders and what not but youll see.
Post Thu May 29, 2003 3:14 am
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by the mighty stamar
Ok, in order to get the dragon armor thats in stormfist castle you have to cheat

Its entirely bugged sorry.

The easiest way is with your pyramids, you get them back from the imp to the left ( west) of where you killed the sexy demoness.

Throw one past the guards.

Ok, barring that there is a better way to cheat in its hard to describe. Walk up to the guard and he says go away. when hes done youre facing south and are walking away.... immediately when hes done face north instead and you will walk right in.

The same thing works with the guards at the dwarven king.

As I said its bugged because the prince is still giving you orders and what not but youll see.

Thanks. I got to the Council and met the twerp who stole my pyramids. I used those. Now I'm happy.

I have some other questions, but I'm going to post a couple of specific notes.

Last edited by SilkenKidden on Fri May 30, 2003 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu May 29, 2003 4:33 am
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

Re: Sewer Entrance to Stormfist

quote:
Originally posted by SilkenKidden

Questions:

Thanks.

As to the entrance to the Castle - the Executioner isn't it! I do not know where that leads, as I was also unable to get the door open. I would guess it is the town guard (due to talking with the prisoner) but the location vis-a-vis the actual castle entrance is all wrong.

The location is marked on a map Val supplied in another thread here I will return and edit this comment with the link.

As to the shield ... you are just SOL on that until you get the pyramids back ... at least from what I understand. Sorry I can not be of more help with this.

Edit: the link is Click here it is the southern most red flag.

Oops I forgot to mention ... shortly after freeing Zandalor (not that hard .. but bring health potions as spells don't work very well (if at all)) ... you will have a chance to get the pyramids back when you go to the council chambers. I don't want to spoil much more here with out being asked to.
Post Thu May 29, 2003 3:08 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Ok Lintra,

The problem here is not the rescue Zandalor thing.

Later you are supposed to collect the dragon armor peices and one of them is in the castle proper.

The only way in is the way I described it.
Post Fri May 30, 2003 3:11 am
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Re: Sewer Entrance to Stormfist

quote:
Originally posted by Lintra
quote:
Originally posted by SilkenKidden

Questions:

Thanks.

As to the entrance to the Castle - the Executioner isn't it! I do not know where that leads, as I was also unable to get the door open. I would guess it is the town guard (due to talking with the prisoner) but the location vis-a-vis the actual castle entrance is all wrong.

The location is marked on a map Val supplied in another thread here I will return and edit this comment with the link.

As to the shield ... you are just SOL on that until you get the pyramids back ... at least from what I understand. Sorry I can not be of more help with this.

Edit: the link is Click here it is the southern most red flag.

Oops I forgot to mention ... shortly after freeing Zandalor (not that hard .. but bring health potions as spells don't work very well (if at all)) ... you will have a chance to get the pyramids back when you go to the council chambers. I don't want to spoil much more here with out being asked to.

Thanks for the map. I finally found Zandalar and got my pyramids back. Now it's all fun from here on. I got the shield, but I'm not strong enough to carry it yet:) I'm building strength now for just that. As a mage, I have over 100 intellect but only 45 strength so far. Would you happen to know the max strength I'll need for other dragon items?

I've also done the holy weapon thing. What a temptation it was to open those tombs and see what happened. But I'll save that until after I finish the game.
Post Fri May 30, 2003 5:48 am
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

I believe the highest strength requirement I've seen is 65 ... and I do not recall what the limits for the dragon armor are (I am playing a warrior type - strength has never been a limiting factor).

BTW - with charms etc it is trivial to get stats over 100 in all catagories.
Post Fri May 30, 2003 1:11 pm