met my first golden saint today..
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Brenner
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

met my first golden saint today..

and all i can say is damn. my latest character is a pacifist and animal lover. he would sooner kill man than beast. he managed to make it to level 20 through agressive practice of passive skills like enchant, alchemy, sneak, security, speechcraft, and mercantile. with a little effort and some patience, he made a career selling potions, and stealing from the imperial scum. in doing so, he found himself with enough coin to gain levels through training alone. after reaching level 20, he decided he was strong enough to venture out into the world alone to see the sights and learn of the land and find out about this whole nevarine business.

on his very first outing, he came across not only a ruin somewhere east of sadrith mora, but also his unwitting demise. weary of the long treck from his home in Balmora, he sought refuge in the old ruin. To his surprise, he came across a knight clad in dark armor, wielding a golden, double bladed battle axe. He tried to hide, but the knight would have nothing of that, and chased him down. the battle raged on until the knight fell to the ground, and, to his surprise, disappeared leaving only the axe and a heart. His first deadra encounter. "they aren't so tough" he thought to himself, while quaffing a potion to heal his wounds.

getting up after a short rest, he turned the corner only to be knocked over by a winged beast whose screech deafened him momentarily. Surprised and off balance, he scrambled for his sword and entered into the fray again. several minutes later, he stood, hunched over and nearly collapsed, over the corspe of the winged twilight. 'that took allot out of me, but I can handle ...

suddenly, he was struck in the back, paralyzed with pain. again and again, he was stabbed repeatedly in the back, unable to move. finally, he turned, just in time to see the face of the golden saint who was about to take his life...

the first golden saint he ever met, who happened to be using a dagger of paralysis, was also the last he would ever meet.
Post Thu Aug 01, 2002 7:41 pm
The Omen
High Emperor
High Emperor

Short and sweet. Nice story. Too bad you didn't kill it. Go seek revenge, hahaha.
Post Thu Aug 01, 2002 8:25 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Well written indeed!

Go kill some golden saints. They have nice tower shield.
Post Thu Aug 01, 2002 10:43 pm
Brenner
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

thanks

alas, the poor man is dead. I play hardcore rules as I find it more entertaining. it isn't hard to reach a high level fairly quickly if you know the method. i like trying different characters out too. this last one waas a breton with the sign of the atronach(sp). my new characcter, is a nord fighter/hunter type with the sign of the warrior. he will still use alchemy and enchant though - even though enchanted items can't reach the same level of power as a spell - you really don't need to anyway. you can hack anything to pieces in a few hits with a paralysing daedric wakizashi if you want.
Post Fri Aug 02, 2002 12:44 pm
BearishSun
City Guard
City Guard

Hell of a story, you should write a book.
Post Fri Aug 02, 2002 8:28 pm
The Hurricane
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Brenner
thanks

alas, the poor man is dead. I play hardcore rules as I find it more entertaining. it isn't hard to reach a high level fairly quickly if you know the method. i like trying different characters out too. this last one waas a breton with the sign of the atronach(sp). my new characcter, is a nord fighter/hunter type with the sign of the warrior. he will still use alchemy and enchant though - even though enchanted items can't reach the same level of power as a spell - you really don't need to anyway. you can hack anything to pieces in a few hits with a paralysing daedric wakizashi if you want.

Man, I really want to play this game hard-core, but I do not have that much willpower. Mainly because I die so quickly. Yeah, I'd make it to about....say, level 4 with each character. Anyway, I bet it's a lot more strategy and a lot more entertaining. I probably play hard-core after I beat it.

"Stand back...there's a hurricane coming through..."
Post Sun Aug 04, 2002 4:20 am
Brenner
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Man, I really want to play this game hard-core, but I do not have that much willpower. Mainly because I die so quickly.

my character usually dons an amulet of almsivi intervention before entering battle. it is handy, but it doesn't take the thrill away from the game. i have teleported from a dweemer cavern once with divine intervention when i was poisoned in the middle of a battle. the poor girl was out of potions and died not ten feet away from a healer. maybe it is an obsession with death, but i like seeing the different ways characters in the game meet their demise.
Post Sun Aug 04, 2002 2:46 pm