RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Call of Cthulhu

I am dying to play this game...

http://www.callofcthulhu.com/

Any editors here at RPGdot play this game yet? Are there any current threads on RPGdot about this cyclopean mass of eldritch horrors?
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:41 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

I have seen the pics a while ago (nothing else then), and I think I might want to get it.
Post Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:59 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

There is a cool E3 2004 trailer on www.gametrailers.com

I like how the game is HUDless. The Mythos point system should give it some replay value.
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:11 pm
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'll be angry if they mess this up. Angry, I tells ye!
Post Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:37 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Maxim mag gave this 4 out of 5 stars.

They also gave Fable 4 out of 5 stars.
Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:23 pm
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

Tut tut. Getting a bit ahead of themselves aren't they? Wait, let's see if I can find a "disapproving" smiley...

ah, perfect:

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:38 pm
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Looks very promising. I wish they hadn't dropped the RPG elements but it certainly has style and some fascinating design approaches.
Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:58 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

I hear this is coming out very soon. April 2005!

*crosses fingers
Post Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:02 pm
vesselle
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

that'll be about the same time Dungeon Lords and STALKER will be coming out, too. yipes! that's a lotta gaming to look forward to.

V***V
Post Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:47 pm
txa1265
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by vesselle
that'll be about the same time Dungeon Lords and STALKER will be coming out, too. yipes! that's a lotta gaming to look forward to.

V***V
Stalker has been pushed ... from Spring to Summer to ... no defined date.

DL - hopefully April 20th will happen.

Mike

Check out my blog.
Post Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:39 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Originally posted by vesselle

V***V

I am excited about both Call of Cthulhu and Dungeon Lords. I hope they both hit in April! That is is if they are finished...

lol
Post Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:26 pm
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

I won't want to put too much expectation on this one. The game has been in production like forever. The screenshots of the older version of the game seem very dated. Then they redone all the graphics but even now the newer version looks dated. And eventhough the release date is April, the recent GameSpy's preview (March) still isn't very promising, just sound so-so (sound & graphical bugs, etc).

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/call-of-cthulhu-dark-corners-of-the-earth/593198p1.html
Post Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:34 pm
Davo
City Guard
City Guard

EBGames has Call of Cthulhu listed for June 1, 2005, but even that looks like an unconfirmed placeholder date. Given that Bethesda has a LOT on its plate at this time (Call of Cthulhu, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Fallout 3), I wouldn't be surprised to see this one slip to the late fall. The game is scheduled for simultaneous release on the X-Box, which could mean they need to take the time necessary to squish all those bugs mentioned earlier and get the game past Microsoft QC.

I'm really looking forward to this game because it combines two of my favorite things: H.P. Lovecraft Stories and computer games. I don't think the graphics look THAT dated. If the gameplay comes through as promised, I'll take graphics that are a little behind the curve.
Post Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:30 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Originally posted by kengo2019
Maxim mag gave this 4 out of 5 stars.

They also gave Fable 4 out of 5 stars.

That was nearly a year ago when my friend told me Maxim had a review for this game.

Obviously, they just make stuff up in that magazine.

The current release dates are pointing at 3rd quarter 2005! Gamestop has paid signs from Bethsoft, so it must be close.

I really don't want this to be vaporware!
Post Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:35 pm
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

quote:
Originally posted by Davo
Given that Bethesda has a LOT on its plate at this time (Call of Cthulhu, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Fallout 3), ...

I think that people should stop seeing BethSoft as developer only, and remember the fact that they are a publisher as well. CoC is not developed by Bethesda, only publshished by them.
Post Fri Jun 17, 2005 10:59 am

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next