View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Gomez The Mad
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

quote:
Originally posted by Mattias Kreku
I always had the feeling that the females in Gothic were Gomez' private sex slaves.. Especially when you edit out the bikini.VDF

They are his sex slaves. Gomez is a pimp. "For Gomez!!"
No self control, he just lets his emotions go.
~The Definition of a Madman

=Member of the Flamers' Guild=
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:27 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Not being able to talk to the females in Gothic 1 shows something from real life: it will only cause a lot of trouble if you're stupid enough to do it.
So, I agree with Gomez the Mad.
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 1:30 pm
Gomez The Mad
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

It's a proven fact, yo!
No self control, he just lets his emotions go.
~The Definition of a Madman

=Member of the Flamers' Guild=
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 2:15 pm
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

Aww c'mon. Female portrayal in Gothic was terrible! But they had the excuse of that whole world being one big prison.

But Gothic 2 will be more real world like... so hopefully those women will reflect more kindly.

I also notice Gothic had mixed races. Anyone notice?
Post Wed Jun 19, 2002 4:44 pm
TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Erb Duchenne
I also notice Gothic had mixed races. Anyone notice?

deerrrrr, uuhhh err...dumder...... no i don't think so.....
"Though the gates that stand between the mortal world and the immortal Realm of Chaos are now closed to me, still I would rather die having glimpsed eternity than never to have stirred the cold furrow of mortal life.
I embrace death without regret as I embraced life without fear."
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 12:20 am
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

I noticed... not every guy in the colony was white... or black... or purple.
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 1:51 am
Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

quote:
Originally posted by sauron38
I noticed... not every guy in the colony was white... or black... or purple.

You forgot the green folks. UrShak will take you to court!!
Post Thu Jun 20, 2002 3:28 am
¥Evan Green¥
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

About those ladies....

I think they should make at least ONE bordello type place, but have a few bouncers you have to find a way to get past(bribing, allegiance, killing etc.)
Also, there should be something that works out as 1 chick for every 1 guy, and they can be any type of NPC. In Gothic(1), when the babes jump, their legs sorta disconnect when they land(looks like they got a package in other words... ) and they can't do a whole lot with anything but scrub floors, fan, and take baths. I would like to see them fight, and maybe interact with the character (kissing, kneeing the groin, etc.)
I'd be happy to see a female dragon slayer or something...wouldn't want to talk to her though, might get upset and slay me instead! They should be able to talk at length at least, if not fight. I'm not obsessed with these virtual beauties, just want to see more of em!

And btw, I wouldn't be sadly disappointed if they didn't do that, but it would make gameplay more life like. P.S. PB should create different bod types, if possible, and they should keep the bikini file there for people who cannot bear to see a virtual person nekkid, or are otherwise restrained. Should, but would or could they? Anyway that's my thoughts
Post Mon Jul 22, 2002 2:35 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hehe the point is that Gothic 2 needs speakable Womans
Post Mon Jul 22, 2002 9:53 am
CarnalSalvation
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I STRONGLY second the motion for a whore house being in the game. It is afterall the worlds oldest proffession.

GIVE ME HO'S OR GIVE ME DEATH!!
Post Mon Jul 22, 2002 3:36 pm
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

2nd oldest profession? what about the priestly class & how about those responsible for food gathering etc? i have serious doubts that whores are the oldest profession, but i am sure it is up there.
"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
=member of the worshippers of the written word=
=member of the Non-flamers' guild=
Post Mon Jul 22, 2002 8:20 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

bwhahaha it would be cool to have a wholrehouse in G2
Post Mon Jul 22, 2002 10:13 pm
Lord Shinaoth
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Let's make something sensible out of this, shall we? :\

quote:
Originally posted by Erb Duchenne
Aww c'mon. Female portrayal in Gothic was terrible! But they had the excuse of that whole world being one big prison.

I agree on this fullheartedly. The few females that were in Gothic were pictured more of a sort of pin up we see in boy's magazines in today's world instead of a Mediaval/Fantasy world.. that was mistake no.1

Secondly, the excuse of the world being one big prison also doesn't add up. According to the story told in the intro movie everyone with the slightest crime on their name (like being late paying taxes to the king ect..) was brought to the prison colony. So that would simply mean Men and women would be sent if everyone would have been sent there. Also like most kingdoms.. (I guess) prostitution is the oldest "trade" and also the oldest that is still forbidden by law, and certainly in a mediaval kingdom like the one in Gothic. So that means alot of arrested prostitutes end up in the Prison colony given the number of convicts sent to that colony.. when looking at the intro story.

At least with my fanfic Comic I will work on this idea; and so more females will be in the prison colony in my interpretation of it.
Post Wed Jul 24, 2002 10:06 pm
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shinaoth
the excuse of the world being one big prison also doesn't add up. According to the story told in the intro movie everyone with the slightest crime on their name (like being late paying taxes to the king ect..) was brought to the prison colony.

Good point. But whorehouses probably were amongst the businesses which DID pay their taxes on time. In addition, male peasants who didn't pay tax were thrown through the barrier, and their wives probably made into whores.

Menbers of the King's high council probably also protected the whorehouses... because... ahem, they used the services. So the only women who ended up in the prison colony were probably trouble makers or those who resisted the King's men. Even so...probably only at Gomez' asking.
Post Wed Jul 24, 2002 10:45 pm
Lord Shinaoth
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

If Gomez controlled who got in and who didn't.. but I don't think that is the case, or at least I couldn't find any refference to that in the story.

As for the King's court using and "tollerating" ( yeah - we call it gedogen ;\ ) prostitution.. I tend to see the Kingdom as any mediaval kindom in Europe's history, altough it's off course fantasy related. But given this notion, then prostitution would be forbidden by law, mostly at the demand of the powerfull Church or a regime that desires to control it's citizens and teach them the propper values. In that essence things like prostitution will be outlawed because they are considered as sins that break the oath of the marriage in fact. And the marriage is the church, because the church wants to control their followers, and through the church - the Kings rules it's citizens. So individual, and wealthy men might walk the path of betraying their wife and marriage - for them there are ways to evade or buy themselfs out when they are caught. But official - By law of the King prostitution would be forbidden and any women "of the trade" prosucuted by law of the Church/king.
Post Wed Jul 24, 2002 11:48 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next