Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
A bug for any of you that pride yourself on tech support...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
Legal_My_Deagle
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

A bug for any of you that pride yourself on tech support...

here is a whopper for ya. ive already posted about it in the larian forums and we dont know what the problem is...i just got the game and only got to play it for a day before this bug made the game unplayable for me...so you can understand i guess why im getting impatient to have it fixed so i can play...im getting worried that i wasted my money and that ill never get to play this game i like so much =[

if one of you keyboard cowboys solves this for me i will forever love you

basically, i just just gotten out of the town you start in, and just encountered the dragon rider. the troubles begin when i get to the bridge going to the farmlands. if i go to the troll cave southwest of the bridge, once i take a few steps inside i get a crash to desktop. if i go to the farmhouse east of the bridge, i crash to desktop. if i go to the next town, i crash to desktop. i have the suspicion that all a sudden now the game crashes when it goes in to a cutscene, and i have no idea why...read more about it in this link...

help =[

(btw, i go by "soundFXman" on those forums.)

http://lariancom.siteprotect.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=TechnicalE&Number=72144&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1&PHPSESSID=
Post Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:58 am
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

Did you ever have the demo installed? This sounds like the limits on the demo. I would suggest uninstall the demo, killing all the files ... then reinstalling the game.

Just a guess here.
Post Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:54 pm
Legal_My_Deagle
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

i DID have the demo installed, but i alreayd uninstalled it...hmmm your theory though is insteresting...

does the demo install to the same folder as DD?

because if so, then when i reinstalled the game once already i deleted the DD folder before installing again...

so if that IS the problem, it would have to be a registry entry.

hmmm
Post Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:19 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I just want to say that is an excellent theory. Because that is exactly where the demo ends.
Post Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:45 am
Dr. Doom
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

@Legal_My_Deagle,
nice to see your problem is been solved
strange indeed it was a corrupt file during the instalation..
Post Tue Sep 02, 2003 10:42 am
Legal_My_Deagle
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

ya that IS strange, i dont know how to explain it...

but the problem is solved, so ill just let it be

also i have discovered that DD is a great game, ive been playin it a lot and im all the way to the last level now...lol
Post Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:30 pm
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well in the last dungeon and the wasteland it finally does become diablo. Just a billion things to kill in a maze.

And the gargoyles are bugged I think youll notice, they dont shoot or something like that, on variety just hangs there and waits to be killed ..../;o)

Jospehina is very hard to kill though still.
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 5:17 am
Legal_My_Deagle
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

ive noticed that it seems whenever a boss uses a spell that i think is called "hell's spikes", where a bunch of spikes come out of the ground to impale you...that it is WAY too powerful. i remember getting killed in one hit as a WARRIOR tons of times before id find some equally cheesy way to kill the boss...like this happened when i fought the boss of the cursed abbey...originally i just waited till i gained a few levels to try and kill him when i noticed that he could kill me in one hit with the spikes, but even after i came back and was much more powerful he still killed me almost instantly...

so what i did was i used my level 1 polymorph spell that i got as a reward i think to polymorph him...turns out he was a lot less lethal as a rabbit

so then i just chased him around with my sword till i finally killed him lol

but seriously i think if they ever make a new patch, they need to nerf the boss' hell spikes spell, (im not sure if it is cheesy when a player uses it, ive never done so before) along with polymorph, and i hear that the trapping spell is super cheesy as well as poison weapon and freeze. im glad i didnt use those spells at least...

still i wish it would have been a fair fight with more bosses =/

counting the cursed abbey boss, i had to polymorph all together 2 bosses just to beat them, because their spike spell would kill me instantly =/

*spoiler if you havent gotten to the wastelands*

what is funny, though, is that i turned one of the members of the black ring in to a frog...so when he entered through the portal after the blessing at the council of seven, he was STILL a frog LOL
Post Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:51 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

that is cool.

Ya well even more powerful is the spell blind which is what josephina uses. Also hell spikes, there is no defense to it.

At least you played through the game without using the worst overpowered thing which is the command thing on scorpion traps.
Post Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:42 am