Which characters teach strength???
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
purecat
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Which characters teach strength???

I found Bartok who would teach me the bow and the guy at the barracks who would teach me weapons, but for the life of me I can't find anyone who will up my strength.....plz help
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:32 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Carl the blacksmith in the docks up to 30. Harald the Blacksmith up to 50 or so but only after you become his student. Torlof on Onars Farm up to 90 but only to the point when you choose guild. Unless you become mercenary Torlof won`t teach You anymore. He can teach You further in chapter 6 if you do little quest forr him and he will be your captain on the ship. Of course in Valley of Mines You will find other trainers.
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:12 pm
Sanosuke
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by bora
Carl the blacksmith in the docks up to 30. Harald the Blacksmith up to 50 or so but only after you become his student. Torlof on Onars Farm up to 90 but only to the point when you choose guild. Unless you become mercenary Torlof won`t teach You anymore. He can teach You further in chapter 6 if you do little quest forr him and he will be your captain on the ship. Of course in Valley of Mines You will find other trainers.

Speaking of the Valley of Mines..Xandras told me there was a secret way there by his little lake..i went through that little dungeon and came out on the other side and met that dude by the campfire down there (cant remember his name) And he told me "If you go down that path you will come to a farm" I have explored that whole valley and i cant find any farm..the only thing i found was a dungeon with some rats...I cant find any way out of the valley except the way i came in..Am i at the right place or not? Can somebody help me?

The reason why i'm posting this in an existing topic is that i think it's unnessecary to create another topic!
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:33 pm
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

Firstly, the valley your talking about is NOT the Valley of Mines, that place is much much bigger and full of orcs and other nasty things.
The path Lester is talking about is the one outside Xardas' tower, go back the way you came and follow that path.
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:36 pm
Sanosuke
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Irf
Firstly, the valley your talking about is NOT the Valley of Mines, that place is much much bigger and full of orcs and other nasty things.
The path Lester is talking about is the one outside Xardas' tower, go back the way you came and follow that path.

Oh..sorry then

So where is the real Valley of Mines?

One more question while i'm still at it

When i talked to Lester he also said he would go to Xardas and i would meet him there after he had some rest..I went to Xardas tower and looked for him but i couldnt find him there so i slept in Xardas bed (He doesnt seem to use it anyway ) But Lester still hadnt come to the tower..how long does he need to rest?
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:50 pm
purecat
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

thanks guys
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:05 pm
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'm not so sure about this one myself, in the demo i met him there about 2 days later, however i never saw him there in the full version. Later on he meets you tho, and says he's been to Xardas...
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:42 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

In chapter 4/5, anyway when Xardas vanishes, Lester stands near his tower and has message (very important). Oh, i forgot about him when I was gathering my crew for final.
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:41 pm
Sanosuke
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Re: Which characters teach strength???

quote:
Originally posted by purecat
I found Bartok who would teach me the bow and the guy at the barracks who would teach me weapons, but for the life of me I can't find anyone who will up my strength.....plz help

Bartok got killed for me when i hunted with him Now i cant learn how to sneak..is there some other person that teaches that in chapter 1/2?
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:19 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Somebody in thieves guild probably does.
Post Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:39 pm
chickentender
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

can someone help me find carl, i can find all other trainers, but not carl.

I'm at the pub on the harbor where you met and fought MOE.

but after extensive looking, i can't find carl. can a brotha get some help?
Post Thu Jun 19, 2003 10:56 pm