Starting over!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

Starting over!

I bought the XBOX version and am currently at the end...

The game is good...but you need to cheat with a FAQ for some parts...

2 questions for you...

1. How do I kill Akbaa? I do not have enough Mana...I burned every last vial killing the dragon. You cannot buy any more in Arx. Also, my alchemy skills are not high enough to brew new ones. Thus I cannot live long doing mana drain or life drain which is how I guess you kill him. pm me if you have an idea how to beat him with only 1 full meter of mana(no potions).

2. In the crypt their is a part with 4 glowing objects. I have only ever found 3. I have searched the 4 rooms 20 times trying to find the 4th. Do all 4 look the same? This is to get the Helm of Insight or something. 2 were in coffins, 1 under an alter...I cannot find the 4th.
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Wed Jan 07, 2004 6:52 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

I'll answer here and use the spoiler code for those who don't want answers.
Spoiler:
I found staying away from him and shooting him with bow and arrows worked well. Then all you have to kill is the monsters he spawns to get you. I don't have xbox so I can only speak for pc version, but after hitting him one time with sword, get to highest place you can find and shot with arrows and run alot. As for crypt, there is one stone behind a tomb or tomb cover, hard to find, but I missed that one the first time through and I had the walkthrough. They all are same. And I don't think anyone can finish this game without the walkthrough. That is the one bad part of this game is lack of ingame direction. But even with walkthrough, it still has suprizes for you.

Hope this helps.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 12:33 am
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Originally posted by cmckj50
I'll answer here and use the spoiler code for those who don't want answers.
Spoiler:
I found staying away from him and shooting him with bow and arrows worked well. Then all you have to kill is the monsters he spawns to get you. I don't have xbox so I can only speak for pc version, but after hitting him one time with sword, get to highest place you can find and shot with arrows and run alot. As for crypt, there is one stone behind a tomb or tomb cover, hard to find, but I missed that one the first time through and I had the walkthrough. They all are same. And I don't think anyone can finish this game without the walkthrough. That is the one bad part of this game is lack of ingame direction. But even with walkthrough, it still has suprizes for you.

Hope this helps.

I found the stone and got the helm now. I still am getting roasted by Akbaa. Usually I end up killing 4 demons. My bow skills suck...like in the 30s. I think I may just start over so I can get more Mana. Thanks for the help though
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:49 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Before starting over try going back and killing everything and everyone if you want. You may get a new level to up skills with, and some have stuff on them. Also you will get keys and stuff to rooms and chests that were unavailable. Might be worth it and won't take it that long.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:02 am
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Before starting over try going back and killing everything and everyone if you want. You may get a new level to up skills with, and some have stuff on them. Also you will get keys and stuff to rooms and chests that were unavailable. Might be worth it and won't take it that long.

Okay, my char is now on level 9. I killed every human, troll, dog, pig, and chicken in the game. I gave POG the finance book for xps. I robbed the bank for xps. I opened every door in Arx. Even got myself killed with the booby trap by the Tavern.

Now I have 48 for archery. I have 10 quivers of poison arrows. A bow enchanted with Golem's Heart, 10 mana potions, and 53 life potions.

AKBAA is still kicking my ass. He always summons at least 4 demons before killing me. Should I shoot the demons with the bow also? I can at least hit him with my current archery points. I have been switching to melee to kill the demons.
Post Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:15 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Yes use melee to kill the demons, and hit him with both sword and arrows between demons. It is a short time, but you can get a few hits in. Can you levitate? If so, get to highest part of the steps, levitate over him and shot away. He can't seem to hit you if you are above him. Also if you have a save game before you killed the chicken in the crypt, he is Lord Inuit and will give you a good majic bow or sword if you turn him back into a human. You are really far past this section so it would be a lot of replay at this time. Akbaa is hard to kill and takes a long time, so just keep trying. If you want to start over, I could pm you how it ends, but that is up to you.
Mark Twain
Post Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:04 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Yes use melee to kill the demons, and hit him with both sword and arrows between demons. It is a short time, but you can get a few hits in. Can you levitate? If so, get to highest part of the steps, levitate over him and shot away. He can't seem to hit you if you are above him. Also if you have a save game before you killed the chicken in the crypt, he is Lord Inuit and will give you a good majic bow or sword if you turn him back into a human. You are really far past this section so it would be a lot of replay at this time. Akbaa is hard to kill and takes a long time, so just keep trying. If you want to start over, I could pm you how it ends, but that is up to you.

Thanks for all your help. I did in fact KILL that rat bastard Akbaa tonight! Like you said I tried Levitating....that was the only spell I used my mana on...that made life REALLY easy. Actually...I could kill him with my Meteor-Sword. Funny thing was, the demons could rarely touch me, Akbaas life drain could not touch me, but his Lightening could.
Post Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:53 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Glad you did it. Now that you know the tricks it might be fun to play again and use more majic skills.
Mark Twain
Post Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:30 am