Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Name your BEST dungeon/tomb/mine/grotto!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
diablo

heya;

my second character, the Redguard - lvl 58, have travelled all over Morrowind; islands, most of the tombs, caverns/grotto, dungeons, Dwemer ruins, Daedric shrine - including the ruin and fortress inside Red Mountain Region (and even always probing around inside sunken ships if he saw one!!). He has done all the quest for House Hlaalu, Mage Guild, Imperial Legion, Thieves Guild, and now just starting doing quest for Temple. So far, he has came across several caverns/grotto that either is cool, interesting, dangerous, and the direction could be confusing. Anyway here's it:

1)There is cavern named Dubdilla in Grazelands Region; the cavern could roughly divided into 3 section - outter cavern, then uncharted caverns with underwater tunnel, and at the end the Daedric shrine with monsters. The shrine entrance is blocked by rocks though, so you have to find a way in. i use "unholy magic" to got me inside - if you know what i mean (grinning ). BTW, let me know if someone out there knew how to get in with "normal" way.

2)Khartag Point (Bitter Coast). The cavern is quite hidden beside a rock. it's dark, half underwater and inhabited by Sixth House undeads. At end you would find very nice item if you search carefully. i think most people knew already about this cavern.

3)/4) there are two others interesting caverns but i can't remember the exact location: first one i think it's a tomb but it also have a passageway and then a door leading to further underground caverns. At the end you will encounter a quite large cavern with lagoon and a ship as a burial place. The skeleton on the ship wearing some nice medium armor - called dragon armor or something like its). The second cavern that i can't remember it location is somewhere near Red Mountain; and as you could guess it leading inside Red Mountain Region (pass by the Ghostfence). Off course, it's dangerous you have to go through all the Sixth House minions that "welcome" you.

5)One last interesting place i have visited (during my first character - the Nord) is Dagoth Ur's fortress, especially at the end with very large cavern where you will make your final confrontation.....well, i don't want to spoil much with this one (Oops, i think i already did! - bah! that's what spoiler section for!).
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 9:43 am

Pinnen
Wearer of the Hat
Wearer of the Hat

The cave of nubi-dad or the likes is guite good too. A rather small cave with scamps and crystals at the entrance. Inside two mage-women, and an underwaterpassage guarded by a couple of dremora lords. Inside the burial-chamber at the end of the underwaterpassage is some really heavy (literally) daedric armorpieces, and under the cieling a vey nice shield. The cave is located no too far from Urshilaku camp, near the deadric shrine and a dwemer ruin, towards Khuul.

CrossTopicBaner
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:31 am
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

Ok, here's my favorite one for a char around 8 or even a little bit higher: (i think I was that level when I entered it first) It#s no quest dungeon, but when you listen to some rumors in this northwestern fishing village, poeple tell you about some smugglers. The nice thing about this small dungeon is that just when you think you are done (a tough mage for that level), you'll proven wrong .

Loot is medicore at best, but the cave is quite challenging.

And just one other funny place: when you do that necormancer quest for the fighters guild in Ald-Ruhn (Vaz is the name of the dungeon), you will find a shipwreck with a load of pillows in it. If you go to the captains cabin, you'll actually find an invoice for these pillows from the lady that was having problems with these cave rats in Balmora - I laughed a lot when I read this invoice *g*
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 11:49 am
Mattias Kreku
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by Rendelius
And just one other funny place: when you do that necormancer quest for the fighters guild in Ald-Ruhn (Vaz is the name of the dungeon), you will find a shipwreck with a load of pillows in it. If you go to the captains cabin, you'll actually find an invoice for these pillows from the lady that was having problems with these cave rats in Balmora - I laughed a lot when I read this invoice *g*

Woah, I just found this ship last night. how odd. Thanks for the dungeon tips too!
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 2:47 pm
Mattias Kreku
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by diablo
So far, he has came across several caverns/grotto that either is cool, interesting, dangerous, and the direction could be confusing.

Hey, Diablo!

These are great tips for a bored and disappointed Morrowinder! I can't wait to visit the cave with a ship inside of it (?)! Sounds really neat. Don't worry if the directions are fuzzy. I don't want anyone to hold my hand up to the entrance anyhow. Just the name is fine

Thanks again!
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 2:50 pm
diablo

quote:
Originally posted by Mattias Kreku

Hey, Diablo!

These are great tips for a bored and disappointed Morrowinder! I can't wait to visit the cave with a ship inside of it (?)! Sounds really neat. Don't worry if the directions are fuzzy. I don't want anyone to hold my hand up to the entrance anyhow. Just the name is fine

Thanks again!

o.k mattias this is it - i have rechecking the location of the cavern that contain the ship. It is inside a tomb called Marvani; and that tomb is somewhere east of Bal Fell.

happy hunting!.
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 8:45 pm

diablo

quote:
Originally posted by Rendelius

... you will find a shipwreck with a load of pillows in it. If you go to the captains cabin, you'll actually find an invoice for these pillows from the lady that was having problems with these cave rats in Balmora - I laughed a lot when I read this invoice *g*

Well, i found that shipwreck too, and i even pick up all the 40 pillow together with the invoice and came all the way to Balmora, hoping that she would pay reward or something. but she said nothing about it and instead ask me to kill cave rats that causing disturbane in her bed room with more pillow everywhere. i get rather annoyed so just get rid of all the 40 pillows and invoice and leave. hmmm...i suspect someone laughing at me .....
Post Mon Jun 17, 2002 9:20 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2