85%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 28

Author Thread
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

quote:
Originally posted by Val
I take it you'll be joining the mercenaries Gig?
She likes 'em.

I will kill the king whenever I can! I hate him as much as Gig, if not even more. SUCH WEAKLINGS SHOULD NOT BE KINGS!
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Fri Oct 04, 2002 7:32 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

After I saw the guilds live, 3D and in color, I know whom I'll join first .
Post Fri Oct 04, 2002 7:42 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

quote:
Originally posted by Val
I take it you'll be joining the mercenaries Gig?

I think so... the mercenaries were deliriously fun the first time. I also might be a mage, they were really fun too! I'll probably play both ways.
''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Fri Oct 04, 2002 8:12 pm
RobKob
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Well, I still stand by what I said earlier: Rhobar is neither good nor bad, He's just doing ( or maybe rather trying to do ) His job. I would not blame Him for Myrtana's incapability to stop the advance of the orcish hordes. The orcs are a very powerful enemy and the kingdom had already used up all it's power and strength in the countless years of war preceeding the orcish invasion. Who knows if anyone could have done it better than HRM?

About the issue with former general Lee: I'd say Rhobar had no choice but to send Lee into the colony. Because in a feudal country power and influence is based on relations. The whole kingdom is held together by oaths of allegiance and the king has no absolute power. He needs the support and loyalty of the nobility, and if Lee had to be sacrificed in order to secure this then ... well, it's politics.

I must say I am very worried about the stated intentions of certain people to kill the king on first sight. A kingdom needs a king. He stands at the top of the feudal hierarchy. If Rhobar dies and there is no successor, the kingdom will likely splinter and there may be civil war. It would certainly make things a lot easier for the orcs. Actually I see the Lee incident as an indication that the political stability of the realms is already very fragile. So, regardless of Rhobar's qualities or whether you like Him or not, His death would very likely drive the final nail in our coffin. If Myrtana falls, we can surely expect some very unpleasant consequences for it's human populace, which BTW includes us.

There is of course no doubt that Rhobar has done some harsh and dreadful things in order to protect Myrtana, but there is also no doubt that we are living in very harsh and dreadful times. This might be humankinds darkest hour, the very eve of destruction. And I am sure, that if Rhobar succeeds in ending the orcish threat and in keeping Myrtana alive ( and I pray to Innos that He does ), nobody will question His means and that future generations will remember Him as one of the greatest kings and heroes of Myrtana and humankind.

P.S. Well, it seems that I'm a loyalist then.

P.P.S. Oh, and don't forget that we are living in medieval times. If Rhobar acts cruelly and mercylessly towards peasants and commoners, what's so special about it anyway? I mean, all nobles are acting this way. It's the natural order of the world.
Post Sat Oct 05, 2002 3:36 am
Guybrush Threepwood
High Emperor
High Emperor

We are living in medievel times? I thought it was the year 2002.....thats really odd.
Post Sat Oct 05, 2002 6:30 am
darkmage
City Guard
City Guard

at first i hated rohbar, but now i like him and i want to join the paladens but their armor is groos, the mercenaries armor is awsome thoug but i dont like their barbaric style, i think ill become an outcast and join the fire mages
Post Sat Oct 05, 2002 7:42 am
RobKob
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Guybrush Threepwood
We are living in medievel times? I thought it was the year 2002.....thats really odd.

*rolls eyes* Oh, REALLY?
Post Sat Oct 05, 2002 3:05 pm
darkmage
City Guard
City Guard

yeagh if you think about it the fire mages are pure nuetral, i kind of dilike rhobar too but you can never tell about people, hey maybey when you talk to him he is a kind old man that understands why you blew up the barrier, or maybey he is like gomez who is an a-hole, and if he is i am going to become a paladen to become real chummy with the king, then i will ask him if he would like some whine, i will poisen it and watch him sit their in agonizing pain then i will hack him into little bitty peaces with a sickle, then i will take his stafe, impale his head to it and mount it next to the thrown and it will be mmmmmiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Post Sat Oct 05, 2002 5:36 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

Paladins all the way!!!!!!!!
Post Sat Oct 05, 2002 11:45 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

quote:
Originally posted by RobKob
P.P.S. Oh, and don't forget that we are living in medieval times. If Rhobar acts cruelly and mercylessly towards peasants and commoners, what's so special about it anyway? I mean, all nobles are acting this way. It's the natural order of the world.

Certainly it is, as are peasant uprisings, revolution and the public execution of the noblity to slake the thirst for blood of the oppressed!

Sleep well the sleep of the damned Rhobar. We shall come for you... we shall all come!
''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Mon Oct 07, 2002 3:37 pm
RobKob
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

But remember: Killing Rhobar means helping the orcs and thereby dooming yourself and all other citizens of Myrtana. All for personal revenge? Now that would be selfish.
Post Mon Oct 07, 2002 5:24 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

quote:
Originally posted by RobKob
But remember: Killing Rhobar means helping the orcs and thereby dooming yourself and all other citizens of Myrtana. All for personal revenge? Now that would be selfish.
*Reporting for duty*

I can be the new king!
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:46 pm
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

I you would kill the king and save the country then maybe you'll be the new king? But I would'nt like that, oh no!!!
Post Mon Oct 07, 2002 9:43 pm
Xelis
High Emperor
High Emperor

Heh heh...
I, of course, have to stick with my TM name: TheMightyPaladin.
Post Mon Oct 07, 2002 10:55 pm
Roach
SBR Belfry Bat
SBR Belfry Bat

quote:
Originally posted by Gig
He threw everyone he could make up an excuse to behind the barrier, a life sentence for the smallest crimes, just to mine his ore! War or not, that makes him a tyrant!

I was thinking the same thing. The ends do not always justify the means.
quote:
Originally posted by Gig
and if I have the chance in G2 I'll kill him and leave his bloated corpse rotting in the countryside.

I’m with you, the devil will get his due!

General Lee can be the interim King/Reagent. General *Robert E* Lee was after all one of if not the greatest general of his time.
Post Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:59 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next