Some starters tactic, POTIONS! [some spoilers]
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
AndyDev
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Some starters tactic, POTIONS! [some spoilers]

I tried a nice tactic at the start of the game...
I used just a few points to raise 1h and strength, to be able to kill a few monsters. (I tried it raising my dex too, and it also works )
I used all the rest of the points I get in alchemy until I could make elixers of strength.
Then I could easily raise my strenght with at least 30/35 points only using potions.
With that, I easily killed the thief to take the key to their treasure, and then I got the strength necklace.
Then I went to the piramids to grab the Orc Slayer,
of course I also went to the cave of Steingolems to grab the ring of invincibility.
There I'm, in chapter 1 and being able to easily kill almost any monster here and in the old world. (Orc warriors are not a problem anymore)

So, what do you think? I want to hear your oppinions...
Software engineering today is a race between programmers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe striving to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Post Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:32 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Fairly basic tactics, I more or less did the same thing. Add in a fireball and you can even handle an Orc Elite!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:32 am
AndyDev
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I forgot about something (JemyM remind me )
There is one holdback, if you do it this way, you will get stuck at like 115 strength, because potions are one of the unique ways to pull the strength higher than 100, so with the necklace you will stay at 115.
IMO it is worth it, because the start of the game is the hardest part, and you can finish the game that way, with no problems.
Software engineering today is a race between programmers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe striving to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Post Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:38 am
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

I never use any potions until i'm at max. Thr beginning isn't that hard, you just have to avoid orcs and wargs. I'm at level 9 (15 lp left) and i can kill most things, only snappers are tough.

To join the Sportfans PM me
www.feyenoord.com
Post Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:03 pm
m00nchile
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well, i myself use potions when i get them. To me it seem logical that it's more usefull to have, let's say, 40 str instead of 35 then to have 140 instead of 135. Same with mana.
Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:14 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

hehehe well in gothic i used strenght and dextirty potions pretty much i never eated goblin berrys and dragonweed did potions from them
Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:35 pm
darth
Village Leader
Village Leader

End of Game Spoiler

In my opinion its a total waste to wait till the end to drink/make potions. What's the point of having 250 strength in chapter 6 and having to struggle throughout most of the game?

Just get your strength high as early and as often as you can with any means necessary, most of the fun battles are the orcs/lizards in chapter 2 through 5. After that its just basically over.

Plan out your character and build your skills for what needs to be done in the chapter you are in. That way you will have a lot more fun and get more out of the game. Or you can save everything and have 100 LP's left over and 200 dex/str for the very short and extremely easy chapter 6.

Saving up on potions for the end is useless cuz the last boss is easier then a skeleton goblin anyway and you can just smack him with a kill undead scroll. Chapter 6 is very dissapointing in an otherwise awsome sequel

it was more difficult fighting Skeletons/Shadow Warriors and Sentenza then anything else in the game. Some serious balance issues here.

The last boss should be a possessed Sentenza with Heavy Dragon armor and an orc slayer guarded by 8 Shadow warriors with dragon slicers!! But such a scene would probably cause the game to run at 3 fps anyway....
Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:48 pm
AndyDev
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Using what I wrote on top, I'm on level 3 and I can kill almost anything easily. Those black robes are piece of cake.
The only thing I've got some problems killing, is if I get surrounded by 2 or 3 skeletons.
Maybe next time I won't use the potions to make the game a bit harder, because chapter 2/3 are being very easy...
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:23 am
Hwoarang
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

First of all I was aware, because if you walk in the wilderness and meet an elite orc or a warg when you are let's say clvl 2........GOD DAMMN!!!!!!

A good thing is to go with Lares on a walk to the landowner, then go visit some scavengers or bloodflies to gain some level ups, and so one until I'm clvl around 10, then I joined my guild.
And now I will begin once again from the beginning as a mage, who will have a little weapon-holding abilities.
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:02 pm