Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
The Golden Ylside. The most challenging battle in the game..
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
DoctorShagar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Golden Ylside

Summoning this has gotten very odd, for me. When I do the mega mega mega spell, the results vary according to my actions immediately following: if I perform the summon spell, and then run away, it will summon a rat (golden, tough, but beatable). If, however, I perform the summon and don't move during the summon, the Ylside is summoned, and I die the instant it comes into existance. If I place a barrier before summoning, the results are identical: run = rat, stay = instant death.

Any advice for this?

I'm testing the whole issue in several of the lava areas (especially those two in the third crypt level). I've got a maximum magic (with rings, mithril, etc) of 71.

Thanks in advance,

AFC
Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:40 am
Achéroñ-ƒ-
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Spoiler!

If your simple looking for an easy way to slay the Ylside for her armor or weapon - just hop down to the last level and summon her in the lava pit near the level 8 portal.

Pre-cast levitate, then summon her in the pit and then cast levitate and then levitate around in the pit until she dies. While in the lava, her speed is hindered and she doesn't cast any spells either.

P.S. - You do not recieve XP if she dies in the lava but the items always.

If there are any questions - feel free to ask.
Post Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:09 am
DoctorShagar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yeah, I worked on that for a while before trying the crypt lava, but like I mentioned, if I summon her, and don't run away, I die AS she comes into existence. (It's as if she casts no spell, uses no weapon, just kills me as she comes into being -- Like her summoning creates an explosion or something) On the other hand, if I summon her and run away, I just get the rat, not the Ylside. I tried the levitate bit in the lava in the Dwarf kingdom like you mentioned, but didn't get much of anywhere.

Thanks for the response, though,
AFC

By the way, is the mega, mega, mega, aam, vitae, tera spell considered a cheat or a secret?
Post Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:14 am
Achéroñ-ƒ-
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, if she kills you and it isn't with melee than it is with magic. I would assume your a warrior with magic resist that is too low to withstand whatever spell she casts and thus kills you. If you want to try to raise your resist you can either place points into intelligence or casting.

My casting is around 90-130 (depending if I have rings or mithril on) and I am a mage and have never died by anything like that from her. I would recommend picking up some magic resist gear (Full suit of mithril and two rings of casting) and before you summon her, cast Bless just for insurance.

You may have to use mana potions and you'll have to be quick about it.

I was able to summon her with 79 casting and 20 intelligence without dying. (lowest I've tested)

And I don't think its a cheat or a secret because it really isn't complete. I would assume it was suppose to be a secret that was never finished since it really doesn't work properly.

If you have 71 with items equipped and pre-cast Bless/Her then levitate - then cast it in that order and you should be fine.

P.S. - I'm using the PC version.
Post Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:52 pm
thrash3002
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I think I know what your problem might be..

Here's the deal. Whenever you manage to summon goldie, she performs a spell on you that's the opposite of the bless spell (hint hint.. but don't try using it on her.. doesn't work too well.. a waste of mana..). If you manage to stay alive after she casts this on you, you can look up and see a voodoo doll twirling above your head.. pretty neat

Now, when she casts this spell on you, it takes 10 points away from your 4 basic "skills" if you like: strength, intelligence, dexterity, and constitution.. Now this happens no matter what you have for these and how much you're protected from magic and what not.

Now, keep in mind that if any of these go below zero (and they aren't meant to since there's meant to be a lower limit on what these can be, but it doesn't apply when goldie does her voodoo on you..), the consequences are unknown.. but i think you can sort of guess what might happen if your strength and constitution are zero.. you're sword's too heavy and so your arm falls off, and your body's probably too heavy for your legs, so your legs crumble..

and, yep, you guessed it, if your body crumbles like that, you die
This happened to me when i summoned goldie without putting enough points into constitution.. can't remmeber about the others tho..

So i think that's why you're dying instantly.. but i could be wrong.. but to all of those who are planning to screw around with goldie (not that way you dirty minded nuts ), make sure you have at least 11 points in each of the 4 categories..

Cheers
Post Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:33 am
Achéroñ-ƒ-
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I think it would only kill you if your constitution was too low. When I summon her she dropes some of my other stats to 0.

I have 10 constitution and only my strength, constitution, and intelligence are above 0 when she casts it on me.
Post Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:14 pm
thrash3002
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

hmm, ok.. well the other things i can think of are as follows:

1. when she does the voodoo spell on you, and it drops your skill points, that causes a drop in the maximum amount of life you can have. if that drops to zero, then obviusly you're dead..

2. is she close enough to attack you? because if she is, she attackes you as soon as you've summoned her, and that takes away all the life you have, since she does about 25-30 damage with each attack, and after the voodoo spell, you normally have much less than that anyway..

i don't think the second one is your problem since you've tried summoning her behind a barrier?

Also, her sword's pretty cool it paralizes.. and it's one handed, so you can have a shiled in your other hand..
Post Thu Aug 26, 2004 3:44 am
ermac
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

tylan34,sorry but you are not the only who has killed this ylside.The strategy is plain and simple :
1.Go to the prison in the human kingdome,but don't pull the lever,which is used to open the porticulles to enter the prison.Then walk streight into the porticulles.
2.Summon the golden ylside(ss).You might end up summoning the golden rat(2000 XP is not bad).Just try again and again untill you have summoned her on the other side of the porticulles.Then walk away because she might kill you.
3.Start casting Ice Fiel on her.If you hear "I cannot brake it just like that!" a million times don't get pissed at the game.Just continue hurting her.
4.When you kill her she will drop Lord Inut's Sword and her armor !!
5.ENJOY

oh and btw.She casts Curse every 1 minute.Also she casts Harm+Magic Arrow+Manna Drain at the same time.Beware !!
Post Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:34 pm
bjon045
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Just use levitate and then fire arrows down at her. Doesn't even take very long to kill her.
Post Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:46 am
Alohan
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Spoiler

There's a way easy enough for mages or high level fireball casters.

Go down to the cathedral in the crypts, you should solve the riddle first, then you can go up on the platform in the form of cross I think(there's a rune "morte" was it's name) there you can summon the golden ylside your back to the passage where you came from, than as the lights of the summoning begins (and you start to sweat) run and step on the broken columns, try to walk on these thing before you summon it could be tricky in the tight situation, so when your untouchable by your enemy you can fire anything your heart desires, btw he/she's(not clear ) likely going to fall so there will be no problem at all it's not heroic ,yes, but I got my hands full of tons of huge swords and at least 5 duplicates of each peace of armor. But even with a very high skill of identification (can't remember, played it long ago) I couldn't identify the miserable piece of golden armor. Have fun with it .

Oh and this works with the giant superrat (frustratingly fast) if you want to try.
Post Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:54 pm
FuryThoR
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I have beaten her too.

Yeah well, I did beat her(look woman to me) too, but I could not indentify the armor or weapon she left behind, even I got 123 of object knowledge with "MAX cheat" ... really interesting how those would be intendified
Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:55 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2