Sacred 2: Screens @ Worthplaying
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

Sacred 2: Screens @ Worthplaying

Four extremely colourful (let me emphasise: <i>extremely</i> colourful) <a href="http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=33929&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0" target="_blank">screens</a> from Ascaron's 'Sacred 2' are on offer at Worthplaying.
Post Fri May 05, 2006 8:44 am
txa1265
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

... those things look like they should have a 60's TV show 'IN COLOR' across them ...

Check out my blog.
Post Fri May 05, 2006 8:45 am

If I open and close the windows in rapid succession, I can induce a seizure - cool!
Post Fri May 05, 2006 10:00 am

doctor_kaz
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Those screens don't look as good as I would have hoped for a game that's probably coming out next year or maybe even 2008. The game is supposedly using Ageia PhysX capabilities, so I'm interested in seeing how that works in. Casting a fireball or something and having all of the objects in the room splinter realistically would be kind of cool.
Post Fri May 05, 2006 12:30 pm
ToddMcF2002
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

quote:
Originally posted by doctor_kaz
Those screens don't look as good as I would have hoped for a game that's probably coming out next year or maybe even 2008. The game is supposedly using Ageia PhysX capabilities, so I'm interested in seeing how that works in. Casting a fireball or something and having all of the objects in the room splinter realistically would be kind of cool.

Titan Quest appears to be way ahead of the curve here - and a demo will be out in just 5 days.

The physics in the trailers look great - I hope the game delivers.

I tried the Sacred demo twice but the fixed resolution 800x600 resolution really turned me off. It was really dumb of them not to release a better demo later on. I felt like I was missing out on a much better game than the impression I got from the demo. I just can't bring myself to buy it to find out.
Post Fri May 05, 2006 12:38 pm
doctor_kaz
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

[quote="ToddMcF2002"]
quote:
I tried the Sacred demo twice but the fixed resolution 800x600 resolution really turned me off. It was really dumb of them not to release a better demo later on. I felt like I was missing out on a much better game than the impression I got from the demo. I just can't bring myself to buy it to find out.

Oh wow. I didn't know that the Titan Quest demo was coming out that soon. I'm not all that excited about that particular game though. It looks kinda dull gameplay-wise, but I'm always eager to see cutting edge graphics, and maybe it will surprise me in the gameplay department.

Sacred had 2D backgrounds, which was a big of a disadvantage, but I still loved the graphics. The art direction was terrific. The game is worth a look for sure.
Post Fri May 05, 2006 12:42 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Liked the Sacred graphics here, actually made a few nice gifs of my Wood Elf. It was a bit buggy, but any game I run thru twice in a row has something fun about it.

I am most likely getting TQ, what Ive seen here and at Gamespot so far is awesome for an action title
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Fri May 05, 2006 2:37 pm

Looks awful and you can bet its going to have the same boring dull quests and awful boring story.
Post Fri May 05, 2006 3:13 pm

abbaon
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I see two possibilities. Either the novelty of hideous shrieking bloom effects has yet to wear off, but will eventually do so, or advances in graphics hardware have simply revealed the appalling taste of the average developer and we should never have upgraded our GeForce 3s. "We have Render To Texture! Now stand still while we beat you to death with it!"
Post Fri May 05, 2006 5:17 pm
ikbenrichard
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by ToddMcF2002
quote:

Titan Quest appears to be way ahead of the curve here - and a demo will be out in just 5 days.

The physics in the trailers look great - I hope the game delivers.

didnt know there was a demo coming of titans.
must say judging my the screens, sacred 2 looks not top notch graphics wise. but hee, screens are not always what they seem.
Post Fri May 05, 2006 5:26 pm