Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Joining the Orcs or Humans , any one gonna join the Orcs?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

quote:
Originally posted by Maylander
I do believe Uriziel has played the add-on.

Ya friggin think!!! LMAO BTW, great post. I wish i could have said it as well.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:30 am
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Okay if Uriziel and Maylander both think Adanos is doing his job, then I won't fire him. I still think he's asleep at the switch, though.

What was this thread about? Oh yeah, orcs. I don't want to join the orcs. They're ugly. Of course if they do worship me as their god...well it's not like the human race has done me any favors.
VIVE L'ORCS!!!

I just have to worry about killing Ur'shak. He will rat me out. Ungrateful little flamethrower troll thing.
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:46 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Ur'Shak. That sneaky bastard. I really dislike him, after he turned his back on our great hero in the Valley of Mines. Same as Xardas. Seems to me only his faithful friends on the boat can really be trusted.
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:04 am
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Oh I don't want to fight Xardas. He is the best character in the series. Except for Mud of course. Ha!

Xardas was the first character you come across who didn't have his head anally inserted. He had a perfectly clear understanding of everything going on, he was void of petty politics, and he wanted the threats against humanity quickly dealt with. I would much rather join Beliar than go against Xardas.

Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:46 am
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

eh , i dont care i'd gladly kill xardas or any one for that matter , well i do like diego hes cool but if i had to kill him i would.

who is this Ur'Shak you speak of? the only orc i remember that talked to me was in gothic 1 on a moutain he or she was a voodoo priest thing.
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:24 am
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Paul999999
who is this Ur'Shak you speak of? the only orc i remember that talked to me was in gothic 1 on a moutain he or she was a voodoo priest thing.

That was Ur'Shak. He is the exiled orc shaman who helped you in G1. You run into him again in G2 and due to your wretched people skills, you end up making him angry by killing his mentor Hosh Pak. He then declares that you are his enemy and that he shall take up Hosh Pak's position, which means he wasn't really an outcast and his dishonesty makes your character angry. At the start of act 3 you and Ur'Shak will be enemies.
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:33 am
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

quote:
Originally posted by muteki13
quote:

That was Ur'Shak. He is the exiled orc shaman who helped you in G1. You run into him again in G2 and due to your wretched people skills, you end up making him angry by killing his mentor Hosh Pak. He then declares that you are his enemy and that he shall take up Hosh Pak's position, which means he wasn't really an outcast and his dishonesty makes your character angry. At the start of act 3 you and Ur'Shak will be enemies.

i do remember in gothic 1 he was exiled or something and was scared and asked me for help but i dont think i ever encounterd him in gothic 2 or remember , do you encounter him gothic 2 as a side quest or the main story? i cant remember anything damn
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:44 am
muteki13
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

He is in the VOM on the bluff above the mining site that is in between the old orc town and Xarda's tower. I don't think he appears until chapter 4. He is not important to the main game and can barely be considered a side quest. All you do is talk to him a couple times.
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:55 am
Jazzy_s
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Re: Joining the Orcs or Humans , any one gonna join the Orcs

quote:
Is any one here gonna seriously join the Orcs? or are you gonna join the Humans?

There have been a few games i cant remember where you could join the humans or some evil race and always the evil race ended up being really dull and boring im afraid this will happen if i join the Orcs.

So what are you gonna do?

Enclave is the game where you could play for the bag guys. I think that joining the orcs will be something like joining the bandits in Night of Raven,
"you will work under cover",infiltrate in their comunity and give the strike from
the inside, like the trick with tojan horse.
And it could be very interesting, and you will not play for the bad guys.
So if it's like that, it sounds good to me.Otherwise it won't work.
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:14 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Imo the mages of water are keepers of the knowledge and balance..In their ideology or outlook on life both sides are needed to make this world healthy.If either Beliar or Innos gets too powerfull, the world will become unbalanced.So in a way what both gods, Innos and Beliar do is aufully wrong. They should not have disturbed the balance by giving mortal men or orcs powers which they didn't have from the begining! Because of these divine powers the world is in chaos.

Maybe in gothic 3 hero will try to end up this eternal conflict once and for all. It could mean that the magic will dissapear from the world forever (as gods won't get involved anymore).Only way to solve the whole balance-issue is to close the world from beliar's and innos' influence.
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:35 am
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

no that wouldnt be good , then there would be no gothic 4

they should make one last gothic unless it will keep dragging on , cause the games are so good i dont want em to end , kinda like the resident evil series.
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:39 am
X-dANGEr
Unknown Destiny
Unknown Destiny

Grr Uriziel. Now i am even waiting more for the game. Too many questions and too many graet theories such as yours ...
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:27 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Uriziel
Let's say you are "good" and weakened Evil too much. Balance could not be maintained and the world would be butterflies, candy, and everything good all the time....no thanks. If you were "evil" and weakened Good to much, the world would be death and chaos. So to me, that means we can NOT kill the "good" nor the "evil" gods....the balance could not be maintained in either case. We also can not kill the god keeping the balance because all out war between good and evil would begin. If you follow that so far, please read on.

And what happens if there's too much balance? When you, as a follower of Adanos, defeat both good and evil. Now that's interesting to philosophize about. A world without good and without evil at the same time.

I will certainly play a game as an evil hero following the orcs and Beliar. There are three different endings and I want to play them all.

There's only one problem though. I think I don't have enough time to finish G3. I still haven't finished G2 with the NotR, I have completed the addon-world but not the rest of the game yet. I just don't have enough time and now with a world that is three times bigger!
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:07 pm
LocoBaxter
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

thats not good man, hey i just got a great idea, why dont u let me play it for u.
Post Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:55 pm
Paul999999
Leader of the Senate
Leader of the Senate

all this crap about balance and evil and good is making me confused just give me gothic 3 and i'll be the judge of the balance
Post Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:09 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next