View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Fallout

Author Thread
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

"Lunch is for Wimps!" Said the Gecko.

Hello Vault Dwellers

I decided to stretch my legs a little and leave Klamath in search of some fellow who apparently disappeared while hunting Gecko’s “somewhere up north”.

I happened upon the “Toxic Caves.” Ahhhh well nothing that lives in somewhere called “Toxic Caves” is going to be up to any good. So me and my trusty companion Tonto… sorry, Sulik, headed on in to look for weapons of mass destruction. Or Gecko’s.. Whichever came first.

My relatively puny bod is still liable to have Gecko’s kick sand in its face. So my cowardly approach has been to tempt the beasts to have a bite of a nice piece of Badger steak. I run around screaming like a girlie and Sulik waits with the sledgehammer. Each time we do a circuit? Sulik brains the Gecko. Sort of like that old arcade game “Whack a Rat”…. Erm, but with no arcade, no coin slots and er… no rats.

Fantastic potential for a slapstick routine here it has to be said.
“Right Sulik. You stand here with hammer yes?”
“Ugh, Sulik stand.”
“That’s right and I’ll go get a Gecko to chase me ok?”
“Ugh, Badger run away from Gecko.”
“Excellent…. Now we’ll come running past this big boulder where you are standing. The Gecko will be chasing me and when I nod my head…… you hit it! Ok?”

Etc Etc Abbot and Costello stylee.

Anyway, we do have a small accumulation of Gecko corpses now, including some lovely golden ones! But I thought I was supposed to be able to skin them? There’s definitely someone in town offering cash for Gecko pelts.

Hovering over the Gecko my cursor becomes a hand. Great, so it must be the same as collecting tails from Rad Scorpions. But clicking on them just reveals an empty inventory. Is it only selected ones that can be skinned?

Forgive the basic nature of the question. I’m sure that the answer is right in front of me. But I bought the game on budget for a fiver and the manual is on the cd. I find it very hard to read from the screen for very long. So although I have had a glance through I’m probably missing the section I need.

Thanks again in advance for your collective wisdom.

Badger
Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:53 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

You actually have to learn Gecko skinning from someone. Keep going, you're going to meet him in that cave. He'll teach you if you get him safely back to Klamath. The "Gecko Skinning" will appear as a Perk in your Stats screen.

Happy hunting!
Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:58 am
Badger
Stripey Forest Dweller
Stripey Forest Dweller

Oooooh I hate those days when you think that you know what's on your timetable. Finish those customer callbacks, input the last of the figures for the week, coffee break etc. But then right out of nowhere, you find yourself learning Gecko skinning in a cold toxic cave!

Badger
Post Fri Jan 16, 2004 4:17 pm