2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 45

Author Thread
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

quote:
Originally posted by Ammon777
except they left out the part where he actually says "gollum" in the back of his throat like it was supposed to be in the book.

It was there, he did it a few times, just not as many as I would have expected.

-vaticide
Post Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:04 am
Gothic Soul
Master of Shadows
Master of Shadows

@Vaticide: Yep thats true I think he was like my neighbor In the bathroom at that same part so he does not believe me it happened.
@Ammon 777: Dwarves are Ugly but also powerful not my favorite D&D Race but respect.
Post Mon Jan 06, 2003 3:43 am
Kayla
High Emperor
High Emperor

I like dwarves and I loved TTT. I don't know which I liked better- but I think they should have stayed closer to the book in some parts- can't wait until next Boxing Day now!!!

Robert A. Heinlein
Post Mon Jan 06, 2003 7:18 am
Garrett

Well, I really can't tell which is better! IMO, it is ONE HUGE MOVIE, so there is no better or worse part...
Post Mon Jan 06, 2003 7:55 am
Erb Duchenne
Slayer
Slayer

I absolutely loved FOTR, but for some reason I wasn't really impressed by TTT. I've been trying to figure out why, but mostly anything I name was done in FOTR too.

Eh, perhaps it's the extra +++ dreamy love scenes between Aragorn and Arwen. What's all that about? I guess the movie didn't start with a bang either, unlike FOTR which started with the historical great battle of united middle earth against Sauron.

For some reason I thought Gollum was pretty cute... and not that scary at all. Oh well. Let's see what Return of the King will be like.
Post Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:13 pm
Gothic Soul
Master of Shadows
Master of Shadows

Yeah was gollum suposed to be scary? cause I think I could have it for a pet.
Post Thu Jan 09, 2003 9:51 pm
TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

I finally gave in. I was planning on watching each only once when they arrived at the theatre and then buy the dvd collection trilogy in the end because I am sure there will be one. Today I purchased and watched the FOTR extended DVD. I forgot how good the first one was.

Sad part? This DVD is supposed to contain 30 or so minutes of extra footage and I could not even pick out one additional scene.

As for Gollum being scary: I don't think so. He had his moments, but overall I found him down right funny. Poor little confused fella. Be interesting to see how they wrap this up.
Post Thu Jan 09, 2003 9:53 pm
Gothic Soul
Master of Shadows
Master of Shadows

quote:
Originally posted by TribalMan
I finally gave in. I was planning on watching each only once when they arrived at the theatre and then buy the dvd collection trilogy in the end because I am sure there will be one. Today I purchased and watched the FOTR extended DVD. I forgot how good the first one was.

Yeah you've made a good choice I also did that and those extended scenes where good at explaining the movie.
Post Thu Jan 09, 2003 10:04 pm
Finarfin
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

in the extended edition not only did they add things, somethings have been cut out, only little tiny things but i found it annoying.
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 11:13 am
Garrett

really? what parts have been cut out???
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 11:14 am
Finarfin
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

well for one when frodo and sam come back to bagend after being at the pub as they reach the gate, the shot ends earilier, it was only about a second maybe less. there are a couple of others as well, only sad people like me would notice.

i think it is because rather than just inserting the new bits to the old movie, they re-edited the whole thing, which is going to result in the original scenes being slightly different, like i said only sad fellas like me would notice.
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 11:20 am
TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

Wow. That really is annoying.
just kidding
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 1:05 pm
Kayla
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Finarfin
well for one when frodo and sam come back to bagend after being at the pub as they reach the gate, the shot ends earilier, it was only about a second maybe less. there are a couple of others as well, only sad people like me would notice.

I noticed the bits left out too. Now when I watch I have to decide whether I want to watch the movie version or the extended version, or both, then it what order. They are different, and I agree, they should have put the extra bits in the original and not taken little bits out instead of annoying people. I was devastated the first time i watched the extended edition and realised when I watched LOTR I'd want to watch both straight after the other the get all the movie. If you think you're sad what does that make me?

Robert A. Heinlein
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 2:01 pm
Jericho
Chicken?
Chicken?

quote:
Originally posted by Kayla
If you think you're sad what does that make me?

I don't have the heart to tell you.. But that is pretty sad

Never argue with the insane. They will only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
And according to Lintra it is contagious

Quote from Val to Jericho: "You're an evil little cat, you know that."
Quote from Dhruin: "*Sigh* If only I was as perfect as Jericho"
Quote from Mr Roach: "We all wish we were perfect as Jericho"
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 2:32 pm
Finarfin
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

about as sad as me, i mean i hadn't got the august release, so i hadn't seen the film for nearly a year, and yet i noticed that half a second was cut from the film (although i checked my sister's normal version to make sure - which is sad in itself) so sadness abounds really.

but i do still go out, get druck, shag birds, go to football and shout at the ref etc etc, so i am trying to balance the sadness out.
Post Fri Jan 10, 2003 2:45 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next