Highest roll??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeons and Dragons General

Author Thread
Seth
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing

Highest roll??

Just out of curiosity, what was the highest roll you ever got? (6 stats times 18 max points = 108 possible points which is us likely as winning lottery).

My was 92 (four 18's and two 10's)
Post Thu Oct 31, 2002 5:46 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

In the a computer game or in tabletop D&D?

In a computer game I ended up with straight 16s a few times.

Table top I've seen straight 18s. Twice in 15 years. Rolled with the same dice other people were using and not 'slide of the hand onto a six' cheating. The dice actually rolled.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Fri Nov 01, 2002 3:41 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by EverythingXen
In a computer game I ended up with straight 16s a few times.

And how long you try it before you take your characters.
I have two different feelings about this rolling:
1] I tend to take first role I make (I talk about PC games), because I feel it is nice to play with not really powerfull characters.
2] It is too difficult for me to play with such characters, so I must roll many times before I get good values
Post Mon Nov 04, 2002 6:38 pm
Da_weasel
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Rolls

I usally use what I get,makes some of the best charts. in the game,and I guess it kinda depends on what your party is made of too.
Post Mon Apr 21, 2003 4:31 pm
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

*Usually* I take whatever the first roll will give me. Maybe I'm lucky, but usually I get very decent values. Not high ones, but not deadly low, too. As DM in PnP games I don't like re-rolling very much but sometimes they are absolutely necessary. I cannot recall the highest roll of all times in CRPGs. I think it's quite close to that of EverythingXen. Mixture of 15s and 16s. Anyway, as one my fellow DM used to say: "You roll to play, not play to roll"
Post Mon Apr 21, 2003 7:36 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Tabletop the absolute BEST I've EVER gotten was 18, 17, 17, 16, 15, 12

I use a point buy system when I DM 3E. Or a variation of one. It depends on how powerful I want the game. Most times I use 'superheroic' - a 10 + 24 method... all stats start at 10 and you apply 24 points to the 6 attributes anyway you wish. The guidelines are no more than two 18s or three 16s, though, and you don't have to use all your points. This system allows monks, paladins, and rangers to do well.

For an 'average' powered game, I use 10 + 18. For a low powered game I use 10 + 12. Heh. The 'standard array' recommended in the PHB (15, 14, 13, 12, 10, is 10 + 12. Never noticed that. Guess my opinion on what's overpowered is different than Wizards of the Coast... I've never had a problem balancing a 3E game where people sport two 18s, two 14s, and two 10s...

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Tue Apr 22, 2003 4:17 pm
SwitchBlade
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Icewind Dale. I was rolling a paladin character & got 96 on the second try.
Post Sat Jul 19, 2003 3:09 am