Wizard's Eye and Enchant Item
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Divinity & Beyond Divinity

Author Thread
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Wizard's Eye and Enchant Item

How do these spells work. I'm low level in both.

Wizard's eye confuses and frustrates me. I left click with it active and I get a message to select the spot. So I move the cursor over a black area. Immediately, the focus swithches back to my character casting the spell. By the time I get back to the place I want to see, it's all black again. I'm also having a hard time controling the cursor after I have cast that. The map scrolls by at lightning speed when I move the cursor to the edge. I can't get it to go slowly. Same thing when using Shift while looking around.

I have a few enchantments but they may be all to high for the item I want to enchant. I have an item of Charm !. I am level 1 in enchant. How do I enchant? Do I click enchant, then click on the item? How do I get the charm on the item? If I try to combine a charm and the item, nothing happens.

Thanks.
Post Thu May 29, 2003 4:39 am
the mighty stamar
High Emperor
High Emperor

An item that can be enchanted has the ability enchat 2 listed in its description.

Without that in its description it cant be enchanted.

Click on an item that can be enchanted and a new small window opens. You put the charms in this new window.

You need enchant 1 to place 1, enchant 5 to place 5.

Spolier cheat : Dont use this. I dont know if they ever fixed this.
But you can click on an item that is enchantable 1 million times, opening 1 million of the small enchant windows, and put as many charms as you want in. One time thing.
Post Thu May 29, 2003 5:26 am
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by the mighty stamar
An item that can be enchanted has the ability enchat 2 listed in its description.

Without that in its description it cant be enchanted.

Click on an item that can be enchanted and a new small window opens. You put the charms in this new window.

You need enchant 1 to place 1, enchant 5 to place 5.

Spolier cheat : Dont use this. I dont know if they ever fixed this.
But you can click on an item that is enchantable 1 million times, opening 1 million of the small enchant windows, and put as many charms as you want in. One time thing.

I think the multiple enchants has been fixed. You get only one enchant window no matter how many times you click. First click opens it, second click closes it, third re-opens it etc.

My problem with enchant was that I didn't know I had to do it in the Equipment window. Of course, clicking on it in inventory would just equip it. I didn't realize click would do something else in the Equipment window, itself.

Has anyone ever used Wizard's Eye? I'm glad I didn't spend points on it. I got it free somewhere. I doubt I'll ever upgrade it to see if it works better at a higher level.
Post Fri May 30, 2003 5:40 am
Lintra
Elf Friend
Elf Friend

I actually have a problem (late stage of the game with all kinds of enchanted armor) with TOO large a seeing range. Not everything shows up when you hit the <alt> key, and now there are huge tracks of the map that show up as explored (due to my tremendous) viewing range that I have never seen, and don't know it! This is not a problem when just walking around, but during a fight I find myself running all over slaying things.
Post Fri May 30, 2003 1:27 pm