A couple of questions...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Stryx74
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

A couple of questions...

I'd like to start off by thanking all the people that respond to questions like this one and give the great advice that all my searches turn up. Here are a few more that I would greatly appreciate some help on.

1. How does one transform back to human after casting a transform scroll on oneself?

2. I seem to have missplaced my wisp amulet. It seemed to have just vanished from my inventory. Is their anyway to get it back, and will I miss out on much without it? fyi, I'm still in chapter one.

3. Will wulfgar give me his special training more than just once? I went back the next day and he wouldnt offer it to me.

4. After hearing how important it is to plan your LP use, can I still make a kick ass 2h sword/xbow merc and still have the LPs to take sneak,lockpick and pickpocket?

Thanks again for all the past and future help you all have given.

Post Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:56 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Well my 2 cents, for some answer perhaps you'll need other answers from more experienced people.

1. How does one transform back to human after casting a transform scroll on oneself?
=> The key "Carriage Return" or "CR" or "New Line". The key to insert a new line, dunno the name. But take care you don't only need do it when not seen but I also saw some strange behaviors with NPC that saw you morphed. Use speed instead if its to enter in the castle.

2. I seem to have missplaced my wisp amulet. It seemed to have just vanished from my inventory. Is their anyway to get it back, and will I miss out on much without it? fyi, I'm still in chapter one.
=> I doubt, but you could use the marvin mode to export your char from a previous savegame when he had the amulet. Then with export/import you can get it back in your current game.

3. Will wulfgar give me his special training more than just once? I went back the next day and he wouldnt offer it to me.
=> I also tried but never succeed. I doubt it's possible.

4. After hearing how important it is to plan your LP use, can I still make a kick ass 2h sword/xbow merc and still have the LPs to take sneak,lockpick and pickpocket?
=> I can't help for this one. My one cents but take what follow with caution.

If you can't learn those skills with this class which class will be able? Paladin? Not logical. Take care of your LP use but don't be too crampy on that, your character don't need to be the more powerfull fighter than possible to finish the game. Put some LP in fun things if you want to. Anyway lockpicking is required.

Mage character is certainly more easy overall than a mercenary but well with this mage char:
- I did all training in hunt technics.
- Learned as much smith I could, not that much (with a mage).
- Learned sneaking and lockpick.
- Learned doing mana potions, str potions, lowest life potion.
- Even put 2LP in mining.
- 30LP In magic circles
- Learned doing runes for about 91LP
- Got at chapter 6 : Mana 256; Life 1100+; Str 136; Dex 64
- But because of managements failures only 2H 64; 1H 53; Xbow 42

Even if the result is a garbage, I manage anyway my char LP and did many hunts and explorations and carefull search. But no stealing and I didn't apply full monsters erase to get max respawn and max xp. But I did some hunts for fun including a came back to NOTR area during chapter 4. And here levels I got :
15 => End of chapter 1, nope I didn't erase all, many bandits still alive, no very big monsters killed but the draconausor, no warg killed, some area unexplored.
26 => End of chapter 2 + NOTR area up to free people but gave up on golems.
31 => End of chapter 3 + End of NOTR but few stuff not done there including no golems.
38 => End of chapter 4 + Back to NOTR area but mostly only swaps fully explored.
40 => End of chapter 5 + Back to NOTR Canyon
43 => End of chapter 6 but last level up was already not far from end. Perhaps even 44 after final, I had at least 21LP unused LP at the end.

I think that with NOTR 38/40 levels is a good base to take, after it's more for final improving of your char. That said the question is quite complex because it depends when you use powerup and when you use LP.
Post Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:26 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

1. Hit "Enter".....which is what Gotit said in a different way.
2. Don't bother....the wisp is basically a waste of time and you certainly don't want to waste LP's on upgrading it. If you still want it back, just use marvin mode and insert it again. http://mondgesaenge.de/MDB/ will have the insert code.
3. No.
4. Yes.

And welcome to the forums

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:16 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

While in Gothic 2 it was normal to have 100% fighting skill, it isn't so normal anymore in NotR. As long as you have above 60%, because the hero fights much faster when he is a master. You don't need to get 100% at all costs (although it helps )

The bonus from Wulfgar is a one time thingy.

quote:
Originally posted by Gotit
draconausor

Haha, more commonly known as snapper.
Post Wed Dec 28, 2005 10:22 am
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Snapper? Ok I'll remember, not as funny than the translation name that mix dragon+dinausor and that I tried to translate back!

Between 100% and 60% it's 40%. For example with str 170 it's an average of 68 more damages.

That said I have no idea how tough it is for a mercenary and it's so usefull to get 100%. For my replay I try a mercenary, and my bet is that it's the tougher class choice throughout the game.

Kicking ass: For 1v1 my mage with no magic could kick ass to most foes including elite orcs or all unpleasant mercenaries with something like master sword, 1H 60, dex 60, str 80, life 900, sword protection 150. But for figths agaisnt many tough foes or 1v1 against few very tough oponents, that's another problem.

The whisp: I hadn't found it the first time I played, but I did now I replay. It's a funny thing. I notice it can help in low level fights but you need take care not hit it. Also it could be a protection against' robbery after knock down. For finding stuff well it should not have been an amulet making you put it then remove for another amulet and so on. Also for now I don't find it usefull for finding stuff but that's not my first play, just the beginning and I remember a lot where are stuff.
Post Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:28 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Gotit
Between 100% and 60% it's 40%. For example with str 170 it's an average of 68 more damages.

I didn't say it wasn't useful. I said that you don't need to have 100% at all costs.
Post Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:54 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Sem

I didn't say it wasn't useful. I said that you don't need to have 100% at all costs.

I didn't say you wasn't right I just put down the numbers.
Post Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:09 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

I'd like add something about the point 4. Maylander answer is quite short without any explanation.

I don't want spoil anything but few comment on this. Sem mentionned that perhaps top all skills sin't required to kick asses that's one point. The other point is for those skills (sneak,lockpick and pickpocket) check what trainers say you about them and think about it and you path choice of 2H.

If you don't understand what I mean and agree for a tiny spoil read this :
Spoiler:
Those skills require Dex to be efficient and that doesn't match with 2H that requires Str.

And more small spoil about lockpicking:
Spoiler:
Lockpicking with a low dex and no small cheating by reload will cost you a lot of lockpicks and the contents of chests that can be lockpicking is far to be major, no important item I can remember and most often small gold value.
About that don't beleive the trainer is saying you, that with practice you improve, with low dex it's not true at all.

All of that said spend 10LP there to satisfy curiosity all arround the game but be ready to use many lockpick and don't get real money from it is certainly a choice compatible with a kicking ass mercenary.

If you choose spend trhe 10LP I suggest you think to delay it a bit and quote any unopened chest you let behind you. Then when later you'll have more easily 10LP to use there you can go open them.

Post Sat Dec 31, 2005 8:05 am