View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Ultima

Author Thread
Stonedawg
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ultima 9, Valoria Demon

Hey all,

I need to kill the demon in Valoria for the Sigil of Valor. But he wont die!!! I have patches 1.18 and 1.19 installed....

Anyone kow a way around this?

Thanks
Post Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:34 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

There are three demons and they all need to be killed at the exact same time. So, you're going to need a little help. Try asking some people in the fortress for assistance. You have to find the Tomb of Demonology and read it before you get this option, I think.
Post Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:42 pm
thartanian
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Hehe, I remember this part. I spent half an hour slashing on the demon and finally found it that he would never die. Yeah, you got to get help from the 2 other dudes at the dwelling up in the mountain.
Post Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:19 pm
Haludil
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Valoria Demon

I managed to pick up the 2h thunder sword in Shame, and managed to wipe out the demons before progressing the storyline to that point. Now i can't find the dagger, though the people of Valoria are talking to me as though i already had it. Any suggestions?
Post Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:18 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Did you find the Book of Demonology and recruit assistance to deal with the three daemons? If not, then you've hit a bug. The demon should be invulnerable until you get help, but in the unpatched game it is possible to kill it, so the Dagger of Valor can't be retrieved. You need to reload a saved game.
Post Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:59 pm
Haludil
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

actually i was playing the unpatched at the time....

never was one for reading boards and finding out spoilers and such before actually finishing it myself first, so i didn't know much about the demons and the role they played until after i had done the damage. I had already found the book, but never got a chance to recruit the help. Since the demons were already dead, everyone just talks to me as though it were already done and i already possessed the dagger. And, of course, like an idiot, I didn't create another file for that saved game. Looks like it's time to start over heh.

one thing i will point out though, is that i've recently found a 'floating' switch located above the Shrine of Valor..... In a desperate attempt to see if it could possibly be the Dagger, i stacked weapon on top of weapon all the way up and found that it was utterly useless
Post Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:33 am
thartanian
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Yeah the sigil of that virtue appears on top of the shrine, like 30 feet up there. I had to use the fly cheat to pick it up. As far as progressing the plot in ur situation, if you don't have a saved game that reverts you to the point before you killed the demon, then yeah you have to start over. Take it as a lesson to always have saved games at different checkpoints. The game is definitely worth starting over. The ending is one of my favorite endings of all rpgs.
Post Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:38 am