BioShock signed by Take Two? @ IGN
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

BioShock signed by Take Two? @ IGN

PC.IGN has <a href="http://pc.ign.com/articles/672/672410p1.html" target="_blank">noticed</a> Take Two has recently filed for the trademark "BioShock" with the US Patent and Trademark Office, which leads to the obvious assumption that Irrational has signed with them for their action/RPG. BioShock has been widely described as a spiritual successor to System Shock 2 and we'll bring you more as soon as we hear anything.
Post Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:15 pm
Ratavuk
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Thanks Dhruin, great news, i'm really looking forward to this game.
Please more Bioshock news asap...
Post Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:18 pm
Kepler
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I am excited too, and jaded.

They can make a sequel to System Shock 2 but can they make it as good?

The complete lack of similarity between Deus Ex and Deus Ex 2 is the sad example I am thinking about.

System Shock 2 is the most immersive game I have ever played. I have played alot of games in 36 years. The pacing was perfect, finding out bits and pieces of the story through data tapes scattered around.

My god, those ghost scenes where you find a dead body then see a ghostly image of them and what happened at the moment of their death?

The single, most harrowing gaming experience I have ever had was finally meeting the woman who guides you through the game only to find her sitting in a chair, dead, killed by Shodan who has mislead you.

The sequel makers have enormous shoes to fill.
Post Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:21 am
Dhruin

I think they can do it - Irrational hasn't let me down yet and a good number of the System Shock 2 team are still there and working on this one.

SS2 scared the crap out of me and I hope BioShock can do the same.
Post Thu Dec 01, 2005 1:07 am
Jadar
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

They have the same sound guy that did SS2 and all the Thief's, Eric Brosius. I'll pre order the game for that reason alone. Anyone that doubts the impact of sound in a game should be Forced to play SS2, they wont feel tortured, I'm sure. And if they do, screw 'em, the game's a case study in sonic excellence.
Post Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:06 am
Ratavuk
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

quote:
Originally posted by Kepler
I have played alot of games in 36 years...

36 ? Are you sure 36 years ago there even existed computers

@ Jadar

Yeah Eric rocks. He's a great sound guy. If i'm not mistaken it was his wife who did the incredible shodan voice acting.
Post Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:53 pm
doctor_kaz
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Kepler
I am excited too, and jaded.

They can make a sequel to System Shock 2 but can they make it as good?

The complete lack of similarity between Deus Ex and Deus Ex 2 is the sad example I am thinking about.

System Shock 2 is the most immersive game I have ever played. I have played alot of games in 36 years. The pacing was perfect, finding out bits and pieces of the story through data tapes scattered around.

My god, those ghost scenes where you find a dead body then see a ghostly image of them and what happened at the moment of their death?

The single, most harrowing gaming experience I have ever had was finally meeting the woman who guides you through the game only to find her sitting in a chair, dead, killed by Shodan who has mislead you.

The sequel makers have enormous shoes to fill.

Don't worry. I saw an interview with Ken Levine and that assured me that they are going to make a great game. You should watch it on gamespot. Also, Irrational has made lots of great games lately.
Post Tue Dec 06, 2005 3:37 pm