Chapter One 1-Handed Trainers
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Menehune
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Chapter One 1-Handed Trainers

I'm a level 12 and just joined the old camp. I've gotten the quest to visit the swamp camp to find out what they're up to and thought I'd spend my 20 skill points on one-handed sword before I head back over to the swamp camp. (I've only trained up one level on one-handed.) The guy in the castle won't train me cause I'm not a guard yet. Scatty doesn't even give me the option for training -- he just tells me it'll cost me some ore. The two-handed trainers won't train me cause I haven't trained up enough on one-handed. Who WILL train me on one-handed at this point?
HELP!
Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 12:42 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

There is a good walkthrough guide made by JemyM at Gothic download here at this site.

Scotty trains 2 level 1 h for Old camp; just as you found out. Since you belong to the Old camp now, try paying scotty the money then he will train you?

been awhile since I played the first Gothic. I did not remember paying Scotty to train me in 2 level of 1 handed weapons. I know he will and did before I even joined any camp...
Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:02 am
Menehune
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Xerxes712

Scotty trains 2 level 1 h for Old camp; just as you found out. Since you belong to the Old camp now, try paying scotty the money then he will train you?

Yeah. I know he's supposed to train. And he says if I pay him ore, he'll train. But, the problem is, there's no option in the dialog box to click on so I can pay him. All I get is "END" after he delivers his speech. At this point, I think I'm going to find Cavalorn and train up in the bow. Could this be a bug?
Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 3:17 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, I checked this out. I tried both training from trained 5% in 1hand weapons to 10% master at 1 hand weapons.

It did not matter if I was joined with the Old camp first or not. Scatty will still train me to the maximum master 10% critical hit. Many call that level 2.

Most weapon trainers will not train you in 2 h weapons unless you master 1 h weapons first. Exception is joining New Camp with Lee (trains two handed without needing the one handed training).

I only get the response you get from Scatty unless I am already trained to master 10% critical hit (level 2) in 1h weapons; then there is no option.

If you are sure you are not already at 1h master; (it sounds like you are only at Level 1 trained in 1 h weapons since the trainers in two handed would not train you) maybe your save game is bugged.

I can not reproduce this bug/ problem, sorry.

Sometimes savegames get corrupted, I do not know. Try to cheat to get level.

Use marvin mode 'B Marvin B' then pull down consule F2; type in 'Insert CH' to get Character Helper dude to apear. Talk to him and learn Master 1h from him. If you lack LP for it; type in 'edit abilitities' and the type in LP = what ever you want.

Good luck.
Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 4:37 am
Menehune
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks! I'll give Marvin a try. I really appreciate it.
Post Fri Aug 22, 2003 5:31 am