Help DS2 windstone fortess
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeon Siege

Author Thread
Archrist
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Help DS2 windstone fortess

When I get to the fortress, all the soldiers are attacking me, I cannot tallk to them to get iside.
Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:52 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

welcome to the forums Archrist,

The soldiers that are attacking you have been possessed and must be killed, if you can manage to struggle onward against the hoardes you will meet some good guys later.
Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:21 am
Archrist
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Wndstone Fortress

I kill the possesed soldiers and enter the east wing. The problem is there is no exit. The first door on the right and the last door to the left are open to black space that I cannot enter. I reloaded the game twice, stilll the same??
Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:19 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Keep searching, it isn't too hard. Although you have to weave in and out, in fact you are advancing kind of gradually forward. did you find a hidden part, a wall? - look for one of those loose-brick type switches. If you find one of those wicked chests then you are going on the right path
Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 9:26 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

The WindStone fortress is certainly a bit tricky (mainly the inner architecture). The main doors are closed and you have to get behind them through the wing buildings. It took me a while as well.

It shouldn't be too hard to find the way and if you continue to have problems, we will give you more info. We just don't want to spoil you.
Post Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:42 am
Archrist
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

It can't get any more spoiled than this. I have reinstalled for a third time and am buiding up a new character in hopes that I can get thru. I think its a bug because of the open doors that just empty into black space. Nothing on the walls or floors activates another opening. I am frustrated and ready to give up on the game.
Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:03 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

That's the first I've heard of that problem. I just did that zone last weekend and had no issues. The last door on the left should have been the "exit" you wanted. Did you discover the naughty chest Wulf mentioned in the last room on the right?
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:32 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I'll replay this area during weekend and get back to you with detailed walk through. And we will see if it is really a bug.
Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:38 am
Archrist
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well I have tried it all, still NO WAY to go past the east wing. The chest is a bad mimic but I killed everything and there is no trick lever or stone to move. 50 bucks, 3 characters, 3 installs, ver 2.2 and a brick wall. What a waste of time. A main pathway to continue the game should not be difficult. It MUST be a bug with my copy. Too bad big old microsoft owns the game, a smaller company would want to fix it and make it right. If anyone our there has an answer, I would really appreciate it.
Post Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:19 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

quote:
Originally posted by Archrist
It MUST be a bug with my copy. Too bad big old microsoft owns the game, a smaller company would want to fix it and make it right. If anyone our there has an answer, I would really appreciate it.
Unfortunately, I'm afraid you might be right. Sounds like you're doing everything right, but the map is broken. Since it's not an "everybody" kinda bug, it's got to be specific to your copy. My sympathies...
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:08 am