transforming items into money?????????
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeon Siege

Author Thread
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

transforming items into money?????????

i've heard somewere that you can transform items into money (whitout selling them.)

i want to know it this true??
and if yes, how and when can it be done

Thanks
Post Sun Apr 14, 2002 5:06 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes, it is possible.
You must have spell transmute (you will find it very early).
Post Sun Apr 14, 2002 5:17 pm
XeroX
The MasterCopy
The MasterCopy

how early is that?
I've just started and seen 3 or 4 houses.
Just did the quest of clearing somebody's sellar.

It would be a bad thing if i mist something important like that.

Thanks
Post Sun Apr 14, 2002 5:41 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Well, you will not find one, but several perchament with this spell, you will not miss it. I think I found first maybe after 2 hours or something like that.
Post Sun Apr 14, 2002 5:43 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

You make a lot more gold by actually selling the items to merchants. Transmute changes the items into a fraction of the gold they're worth. IMHO you are better off taking a donkey with you and carrying all your treasure to a merchant.
''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Sun Apr 14, 2002 7:43 pm
Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

Sometimes you can't carry every item with you back to town, and during certain parts of the game, town is a very long travel away.

Transmute is one of the most useful spells I've seen in the game. I play a solo character with a packmule and used magic just long enough to cast transmute so I could make sure every item went to use.
Post Mon Apr 15, 2002 1:12 pm
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

Hmm... that's cool that transmute worked well for you. I never used it after I found out how much it discounted everything. I took three pack mules and carried everything to merchants. I never had to leave a single item behind, even when the merchants were far away. Different strokes I guess, both ways will work.
''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Tue Apr 16, 2002 12:57 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I do not use transmute, I do not use mules, I usually reach merchant with characters with not full inventory. I pick up only very expensive items. I have 1 200 000 gold now (20 hours in game) and I think I will never use them. Sometime I buy several potions, usually I buy several pieces of armor and weapons, but still I have much more than I need and probably than I will ever need.

1 very good item = 1 000 normal items = 100 average magic items - so I do not see reason why to pick up something else than first class of items, I do not need to have 10 000 000 gold at the end.
Post Tue Apr 16, 2002 6:07 am
Rendelius
Critical Error
Critical Error

How far have you gotten soloing through that dungeons? I think that on the way from the trading post to the dark forest it would be impossible to survive with just one char on normal difficulty...
Post Tue Apr 16, 2002 6:16 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Llama I wonder how strong is your character now (and in what part of story you are). I wonder how much quicker is developement of 1 character party than 8 character party.
Post Tue Apr 16, 2002 6:21 am
Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

Without spoiling:

It's challenging but you level rather quickly. The Goblin Fortress is pure hell though.
Post Tue Apr 16, 2002 7:54 pm
Sero

money is easy to get and i always have 9,999,999
Post Fri Apr 19, 2002 7:29 am

Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes Sero, I have far more money than I need. I do not bother with changing things into money, I do not bother with mules and picking up normal items.
Post Fri Apr 19, 2002 7:32 am