Usergroups
What do we have to look forward to?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Enderandrew
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I'd argue the gameplay in Fallout was quite good, and Fallout 1 didn't have too many bugs. Compared to recent releases, it was quite stable. I particularly liked the movement and action point system. It added a semblance of tactics to the game.

As far as what to look forward to...

http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=577572
Post Tue Aug 16, 2005 7:49 am
mogwins
Village Leader
Village Leader

Damn straight the gameplay in Fallout was good. Most of the bugs were pretty minor, and most of those were cleared up by the patches. Seriously, if that's your opinion on the game and you consider yourself an RPG fan, I'd strongly urge you to give it another try - you'll really missing out.

Enderandrew, thanks for the list. I know some of those are out already, at least in some corners of the planet, whereas others have been written off, but it's a good list all the same. Anyone got any of thoughts on any of those games, either from demos or non-English releases? I've not been hearing good things about Metalheart so far.

Cheers, M.
Post Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:35 pm
mogwins
Village Leader
Village Leader

A.i.m.

P.S. Has anyone tried A.I.M. on that list? I looked at the website and it looked very interesting. Also it was released mid-2004.
Post Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:58 pm
Enderandrew
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

A.I.M. was released in French and Russian. I don't believe it was released in English yet.
Post Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:42 am
DolanSost
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

A.I.M. seems to look good.
Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:22 pm
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

What I am looking forward to? Hmmm, that's a tough question.

Top of my list would be Avernum 4. Then probably would come Gothic 3 and some place farther on the list NWN 2.

Also, I am interested in Weird War, Unknown Episodes of WWII, but that game is somewhat missing in action for some time now, I am not entirely sure if it is coming out or no ....

I'd love to hear about a new Troika game
Post Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:17 am
mogwins
Village Leader
Village Leader

Hmmm, I hate to be the harbinger of bad news, but it was my understanding that Weird War had been cancelled, and that Troika had folded (hence the lack of hope for a proper patch for Vampire).

EDIT: I sincerely hope I'm wrong on both counts?
Post Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:28 am
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

Troika has folded, I know, but I can still hope that they would unfold, right?
Post Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:40 am
mogwins
Village Leader
Village Leader

Hmmm, I have neither a grasp of origami or economics, so I don't know whether "un-folding" is feasible. However, I admire your optimism! Fingers crossed....
Post Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:54 am
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

It's natural that I would be hoping for a new Troika game, or, for that matter, any game that Cain, Anderdson and/or Boyarski have a hand in.
Post Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:01 am
txa1265
Magister of the Light
Magister of the Light

quote:
Originally posted by Lady Armageddona
It's natural that I would be hoping for a new Troika game, or, for that matter, any game that Cain, Anderdson and/or Boyarski have a hand in.

Given that two of my favorite RPG's are Arcanum and VtM: Bloodlines, I'd have to agree.

Mike

Check out my blog.
Post Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:07 am
Hexmaster
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Hi everyone,

I havent been on this site for some time. I used to visit to see what games were coming up and give myself something to look forward to.

As far as what games are coming up....I dont care anymore.....NWN...done and dusted and confined to under the stairs...same goes for Gothic 1 & 2, Morrowind, KotOR (both)......

The reason being is that for the past 7 months I have been playing World of Warcraft....every night....no other games at all

So, personally Im not bothered about whats coming up anymore. Ok its online only and costs per month...big deal...its worth it.

If you havent tried it yet...grab the 14 day free trial....if you have tried it and got it...what are you doing reading this??

See you on Stormrage Realm

Regards,

Bonedust....lvl 49 Undead Rogue
Post Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:28 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

Still looking forward to the Cthulu game, but for some reason Im getting the sneaking suspicion it just might suck. I know, "suck" is not a good term to use, but some games just suck! The Ruins of Myth Dran-o sucked, no two ways about it. "Clans" sucked, it's not worthy of a more descriptive definition.

I just hope and pray the Dark Corners of the Closet or whatever Cthulu game doesnt suck!! Theres a golden opportunity here to turn on a whole new segment of people who know nothing about Lovecraft, and give those such as myself who are devotees the red meat weve been salivating for all these years. It goes without saying (but ill say it anyway) that Im just a teeny bit concerned it's cross-platform right outta the gate, but I love Morrowind in all it's incarnations, so I have hope yet.

And while were on the subject of Bethesda and my beloved epic of Vvardenfell, I suppose my second most anticipated game has to be Oblivion, the upcoming Elder Scrolls game. Im absolutely droooling at the previews of the game, and if it's half as good as it's being described, I might as well cancel my World of Warcraft account right now. What about an Elder Scrolls MMORPG?
One can dream I guess, Im just rambling at this point, trying to delay the inevitable plunge into my daily workload here at my desk..

One more thing, I noticed this game out of the corner of my eye the other day, looks sorta interesting on an exploration/hack and slash level "Mage Knight Apocalypse"-

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/mageknightapocalypse/news.html?sid=6135650&mode=previews
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:31 pm
mogwins
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
Originally posted by xSamhainx
I know, "suck" is not a good term to use

Hey, no need to apologise for using the word "suck". As a brit in America I've tried to avoid picking up the slang and different termiology. I'm walking on the pavement and putting out the rubbish. I've no idea what dropping trash ont he sidewalk means. However, I've embraced the "suck"! It just captures are some things are so actively bad. "Rubbish" is just too passive for some things. Particularly a lot of recent "RPGs"....
Post Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:49 pm
Azareal
Assassin in the Night
Assassin in the Night

Looking forward to Oblivion, when I try and think of what other games are coming out that I wanna play, I just draw a blank.
Its all about Oblivion....ALL...
Post Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:49 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next