Will-O-Wisp Spirit as a Pet?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
DrumAce
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Will-O-Wisp Spirit as a Pet?

I was reading Gamer's Hell review of NOTR, Now this review is older but in it the reviewer Mentions a will-o-Wisp Spirit that you can get as a pet by finiding a Ore Amulet. Now I Did a search on these boards and at least with the key words I used I didnt find any mention of this. So I guess My question is, Is it true and If so Where do you get this amulet?

Here is the quote to the review, I put the link to the full review below it:

"But something else will help you too. A domesticated Will-o-Wisp can lead you to hidden weapons and items, but first you have to find the ore amulet that is home to this helpful spirit."

Here is the Link to the review, its in the bottom papragraph that I read this.

http://www.gamerankings.com/itemrankings/launchreview.asp?reviewid=652458
Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:29 am
bjon045
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

I think you get it before or after joining the water mages from Saturas in khorinis.
Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:46 am
DrumAce
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by bjon045
I think you get it before or after joining the water mages from Saturas in khorinis.

I finished the NOTR portion and never got an Ore amulet or anything like that from Saturas.
Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:49 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

I don't remember exactly who gives the amulet to you, but you get it before entering the addon world. Maybe it was Vatras, but it does'nt really matter to me. The amulet is basicly worthless, and training it would be a waste of LP's.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:09 pm
DrumAce
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Uriziel
I don't remember exactly who gives the amulet to you, but you get it before entering the addon world. Maybe it was Vatras, but it does'nt really matter to me. The amulet is basicly worthless, and training it would be a waste of LP's.

Being as I have finished this game Twice and I also just finished the NOTR portion I wouldnt mind getting it and seeing what the Spirit thing could do, If anything. Is there a quest you have to do or something? Cuz I dont recall anything offered like this from Vartas or Saturas.
Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:05 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

You will get it from Vatras when you accept the quest to find the weapon's dealer. You must choose a specific dialog option to get it. I believe you will get an option where you can ask for some help of some stuff that could be useful.

The Will-O-Wisp is certainly in it. At first it can only look for melee weapons, but for a few learning points you can learn it to look for plants, rings, amulets and other valuable stuff.
Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:57 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

This option can be screw up if you progress into the weapon investigation before to trigger the dialog. I screw up everything at my first play by doing a thing like that and never get the amulet nor saw the dialog because I talked to Vatras about Water Mage too late.

It's not enough to question him about this but you need trigger the weapon quest from him and go further in dialog to ask him if he has anything more to help you on this investigation. Then only he will offer you the amulet.

Quite cool pet at the beginning but tough to really use to find thing, can use but only after you have cleared an area and slow and not always funny. There's many design weakness but cool thing to get anyway, I love it as a pet at beginning and during weaker fights.
Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:34 pm
DrumAce
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Sem
You will get it from Vatras when you accept the quest to find the weapon's dealer. You must choose a specific dialog option to get it. I believe you will get an option where you can ask for some help of some stuff that could be useful.

The Will-O-Wisp is certainly in it. At first it can only look for melee weapons, but for a few learning points you can learn it to look for plants, rings, amulets and other valuable stuff.

Well that explains why I never got the Amulet. I never got the weapons quest to begin with. I guess that explains All the weapons I have found with the letter 'F" on them and the note about Fernando. Guess next time I run threw the game Ill have to make sure to get this quest.
Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:27 pm
Gotit
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Are you sure you have closed the quest? Have you put in jail the merchant or accepted from him the money?

If not have you tried talk with Vatras about the Ring of Water and try to exhaust all dialog options? Well you perhaps also need to be in chapter 1.
Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 7:10 pm
DrumAce
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by Gotit
Are you sure you have closed the quest? Have you put in jail the merchant or accepted from him the money?

If not have you tried talk with Vatras about the Ring of Water and try to exhaust all dialog options? Well you perhaps also need to be in chapter 1.

Yeah I think I went to Chapter 2 a little too fast because I dont get any dialog option regarding weapon merchants from Vartas.
Post Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:30 pm
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I'm curious, did anyone ever find anything with the Will'oWisp that they couldn't have found by just searching around normally? The only thing I ever found was a "Stone" in the stone altar near where you first meet Saturas at the dig site. I never did find out what that "Stone" was good for -- carried it through the whole game twice and never needed it AFAIK.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:50 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

quote:
Originally posted by imposteraz
The only thing I ever found was a "Stone" in the stone altar near where you first meet Saturas at the dig site. I never did find out what that "Stone" was good for -- carried it through the whole game twice and never needed it AFAIK.

I think you are talking about Stone of Knowledge. I posted about it once, but did'nt say who asks you for it.......and now I can't friggin remember who it was I can't even remember exactly what you recieve after giving it to the right person, but it seems like I got an amulet. I'm thinking the person made something from the Stone of Knowledge and gave it to me......I hate when I can't remember something

But I do know it had a use.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:25 am
imposteraz
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Thanks for the info. I'll poke around and see what I can find out.

"OK, I've got the 'No Die' part."
Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:23 pm
Yozi
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Vatras gives it 1st chapter 100% sure!

it can be rea;;y helpful when u play during the day and it is night in the game sp i cannot really c anythink
Post Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:27 pm
GTaher
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Do not waste any LPs training the WoW amulet. I must have burned 20-30 LPs that I could have used sooo much better at that early stage in the game.
Pick your key skills and stats and push them as fast as possible. Save all potions and stone tablets till you get into the higher LP cost range for raising abilities.
Post Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:32 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next