Dungeon Lords (PC, Single-Player RPG)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Games Comments

Author Thread
Drakton
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

Dungeon Lords. A new CRPG by D W Bradley

Looks nice. Hopefuly Bradley can come out with a game better than Wizards and Warriors. Not that W&W was a bad game, but if it's better will be an awesome game.
Post Sat Feb 22, 2003 4:23 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

The website estimates a Q1-2004 release. Given the usual slips, this one is still over a year away.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:18 pm
hornet23

Re: Dungeon Lords. A new CRPG by D W Bradley

quote:
Originally posted by Drakton
Looks nice. Hopefuly Bradley can come out with a game better than Wizards and Warriors. Not that W&W was a bad game, but if it's better will be an awesome game.

i think W6W is the best of the "new rpgs". in my opinion much better than stuff like BG or Gothic and even better than Wiz8.
and if dungeon lords is as good as W&W it will kick ass. and a multiplayer feature would be nice
Post Thu May 22, 2003 2:44 pm

hornet

release

quote:
Originally posted by dteowner
The website estimates a Q1-2004 release. Given the usual slips, this one is still over a year away.

yep, still theyve already announced a publisher, so it will be released at all. i still doubt that there will be something like UW3 or so at all
Post Thu May 22, 2003 2:47 pm

Game_Kraze
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Need Info

I think this is gonna be a great game. Can anyone tell me D.W. Bradley's email? I need to tell him an idea of mine. If u know his email please reply to this post. Thanks.
Post Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:39 pm
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

One must admit, it looks very promissing. Especially the co-op part... I'm looking forward to it.
Post Fri Aug 06, 2004 3:13 pm

Wizards&Warriors was an overhyped and bug ridden game and, ignoring the pleas of those fans who could not get it running without constant crashes, Heuristic Park declared that they would never distribute a patch for it (apparently because their deal with Activision would not allow this, which never made much sense to me). For me, it certainly ruined whatever good reputation D.W. Bradley might have had, and I will take my time, read the reviews and visit all the message boards before considering to buy any other game of him. Let's hope Heuristic Park lives up to it's promises this time around, though.
Post Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:12 am

Heuristic Park did infact release an unofficial beta patch for W&W resolving many of its problems.
Post Sat Oct 30, 2004 4:05 pm

valczir

quote:

Well, that's apparently correct. Er....maybe not; it's not over a year away from that. Not the present projected release date. But it could change again. Nice call.
Post Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:57 pm

RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

I am excited about the 8-player co-op. Character creation looks like Wizardry. Gameplay looks like Gothic/Diablo. Should be a killer hybrid!
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:38 pm
knight37
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

It's Not Really Like Gothic

Or Diablo. It feels more like an action title sort of like Severance: Blades of Darkness. You have a lot of different moves you can do in melee and reflexes of the player are at least as important as the character's skills.

I did a full preview over at http://www.gamechronicles.com

Feel free to ask me any questions. I'm looking forward to it.

Post Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:04 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hey Knight37, I appreciate the very detailed preview you gave. You went in deep while the majority of the other previews just gave us a superficial view of the game.

I am looking forward to the game, though I agree that if the build you played
was truly the state of the code as of January, I am skeptical that a whole bunch can just be added before the April release. That is, unless they skimp on the testing --- which wouldn't be the first time that happened!!!

BTW, welcome to RPGDOT. I know you from the USENET comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg. I post there sometimes as "tritone".
Post Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:57 pm
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

I have to be honest, I'm concerned about this title. Every 'pre-review' I've read talks about how it will be a good game with some 'polishing.' Why are they releasing unpolished versions to the media in the first place? I really want to be optimistic about this title, but I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this one. I hope I'm wrong.
Post Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:41 am
Zebulon
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Re: release

quote:
Originally posted by hornet
quote:

yep, still theyve already announced a publisher, so it will be released at all. i still doubt that there will be something like UW3 or so at all

As far as i know is the release date set to april,20th 2005.....
Post Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:08 am
spritex
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I am a bit baffled about this in the FAQ:

Q: What is the Target market?

A: Dungeon Lords is designed for the mainly for RPG players from age 14-35.

So, I should hurry playing it since I will be 35 in the fall, eh?
Post Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:08 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next