Is Notr worth playing with the mod?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Fifl
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Is Notr worth playing with the mod?

Today after classes I found an odd mom and pop type of software/pc store and found a used copy of Notr, so I decided to pick it up for 5 bucks, Do you all think it is worth playing with the mod? I don't speak german very well at all.

Also it is possible to have english for the english parts of the game and only subtitles for the german notr parts?

Thanks.
Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 5:51 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Of course it is worth playing with the mod.....don't make me come ya down. The translation mod does EXACTLY what you are asking.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:02 am
Fifl
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks a ton Uriziel! Installing now
Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:18 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Uriziel
Of course it is worth playing with the mod.....don't make me come ya down. The translation mod does EXACTLY what you are asking.

You'll find quite some minor translation errors, but it's certainly worth it! Over all the translation good enough to understand the addon completely.
Post Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:19 am
Fifl
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Maybe one of you could help me , I can't get this to work at all.

I installed my original gothic program I bought at best buy, the english 1.31 version.

I am now trying to install the addon, I've followed different instructions found on here but none of them work.

I renamed the Vdfs32e dll and exe to Vdfs32g, Then I tried to get the patches, and the links I found here no longer worked so I think I got the right ones from the jowood page. They aren't in english and my german is bad but I don't think they are working. The next button keeps getting greyed out right at the page that says please put in the address of the gothic 2 install folder.

Here is where I get stumped, I can't apply the german patches at all. I think I need the german patches since when I try to install the addon it doesn't even start, just goes dead.

Thanks in advance!!
Post Fri Jan 28, 2005 2:34 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

I play a german gold edition, so I can't help you. I suggest that you look into the sticky files about the subject. Everything you need to know should be in there.
Post Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:48 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Need more information. What German patch are you applying? You need to replace the original English Gothic.exe with the German Gothic.exe (apply German patch 1.30) before the German add-on will install. Then patch the add-on with 2.6.

The instructions are quite clear. Let's take it step by step; unless you got it to work already.

here is another link for a different set of instructions exactly for your case. It looks long, but it is not bad.

http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=361203&highlight=#361203

If you are not installing a seperate second copy, just skip to the basics.

What you are doing is simply this. The German Add-on will not install onto the English Gothic2. To get it to install, you must fool the game by replacing the English Gothic.exe with the equivelant German Gothic.exe.

But the German Gothic.exe needs itself to be patched up to version 1.30 (depending on where you got your copy of the German Gothic.exe (my Gold Edition comes with Gothic.exe already patched)). German patch 1.30 from courtesy World of Gothic .de
http://www.worldofgothic.de/dl/index.php?go=downloads&release_id=66

Now the German add-on will install.

Next add the final Add-on patch 2.6 (the German Gold Edition is already patched again).

Now the G2ATT ETM Mod will install easily by itself.
Post Fri Jan 28, 2005 11:53 pm