G2: Character Building 101 (Help!) :)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Ginny
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

G2: Character Building 101 (Help!) :)

I am quite new to Gothic 2 and could really use some technical advice on ‘growing’ characters. What are the point caps on characters (for example, you have x amount of points to spend so you can choose this, but not that).

Paladian

What are some ways to build a Paladin? What focus do you need for this and in focusing, I assume there are many things that you cannot take.

Strength Primary—though I suppose you could choose dexterity for ranged? Do you have enough points to master both?

1h or 2h Weapon—one or the other but not both to mastery? No idea how far you can go.

Ranged—even if you take strength as a primary, I assume you can master a ranged weapon?

Secondaries—I am not sure if you can do too many of these (like alchemy? Trophies?). Since you have some magic ability I do not know if that lessens your choices further.

Dragon Hunter

This looks like a character that could have a field day with secondaries. No magic at all so can you master 1h, 2h, and ranged? And then pickup lots of secondaries? Again I have no idea what the caps are in the game and how that reduces your ability to focus on a skill.

Magician

No clue what secondaries can be taken here. I assume alchemy and maybe create runes? No sneak and pickpocket, etc. I suppose?

Primary—mana? With no real weapon or ranged weapon ability?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are there any ‘character builder’ spreadsheets or programs available? Or if not, how do you all plan out your characters?

For me, I like to have a good idea where I am going so that I can write a fun background for the character.

Thank you
Post Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:44 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

Ther is more than enough LP in the game, You can master everything pretty much without any proplems, I think the highest level is 45 approx you may be able to go higher I can't remember so thats 450Lp in total, more then enough to master 1h+2h to 100% and 1 ranged type to 60% and the rest on str and dex and other skills.
Post Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:07 am
Morahn
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Don't worry to much about the LP's. I'm just going through the game and adding points to where I need them for any missions or anything of that sort. Always try to keep a few points on reserve as well. You might stumble on someone in the wilderness who can teach you something useful. The paladin is the most well rounded characters. The Dragon Hunter (my favorite) is probably the easiest to customize. My character at the moment is a thief/ hunter/ hard a$$/ marksman (no particular order). Just Play around and don't stress out about experience. If you do need some LP, go run around in the wilderness and do oddball quests, you'll be at the next level in no time.
Post Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:08 pm
Ginny
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thank you so much for the replies
Post Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:31 pm