Locked rooms in monastery basement
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Istvan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Locked rooms in monastery basement

Who can unlock those two rooms? On of them is treasure room. Are those accesible only if you play as a mage?
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:19 am
Chiefo
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

i went down to the same basement yesterday only to found loads of skeletons and 1 locked door..

i didnt find 2 doors

The door i found was guarded (beside skeletons) one of the flying-magic-skeleton .. is there no way to enter this door, without being a mage
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:47 am
dented
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm planning on finding this out when I get home, but maybe you can try and save me the effort.

In one of the rooms when you enter the monastery grounds there's a mage who says he's the treasurer. Logically, he should have the key to the treasury. Beat him up & use oblivion perhaps? I'm not sure if there are other people around him tho, so it might not work.
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:56 am
Chiefo
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

im at work now and have to try later myself

but do you renember which room? the rigth side when you enter the monostary?
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:06 am
Mercenary
Helpful Friend
Helpful Friend

@Chiefo

The thing you are talking about is the way to Xardas' secret library.
You get the key to the door in Xardas' book Halls of Irdorath. You can open the book by going to Xardas' tower and talking to Lester.
He will give you a letter. Read it and then book. Return to Monastery go to the locked door.

@Istvan

I think that you can get into Larder only as mage well for Treasury i don't know.

-=Captain of Militia of RPGDot Shadows=-
-=Leader of Mercenaries of Gothic Rogues=-
-=Proud member of NFG=-
-=Forever one soul of Seekers of Chromanin=-
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:09 am
Chiefo
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

must this happend later then me in the final-end of chapter 3 (entering chapter 4 when i go to old camp i guess)

will i find Lester in the woods again down below xardas tower or will he wait for me on the way? (i use runestones as transportation so i might miss out on things) and he will have something for me you say? i will take a look when i get home

there is only one door in the basement.. right?

btw

what can i do with the "spirit of the wine" book i found down there?
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:18 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

u can open every door in the monestery if u are a skilled thief by pickpocketing
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:31 am
Chiefo
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

i dont renember much from gothic 1 when it comes to pickpocketing (havent learned it in gothic 2 since im currently working to join thieves guild)

but do you have to sneak up to them to steal?
and is it not smart to steal everything just one thing at the time?
is it random when it comes to suceed and fail? i hate the loading time so loading everytime people see me is irritating...

i guess the same pickpocket for keys to everyplace goes with khorinis too? is there anything of interest in the doors in the citywalls? the guard towers and so on..

any tips when it comes to pickpocketing?
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:26 pm
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

The pickpocketing system works entirely different now. It's in dialogue form. If you're not a mage, you have to pickpocket Gorax for the key. Remember, you'll need both the skill as well as a certain dexterity amount.
NFG member
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:13 pm
Chiefo
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

now i pickpocketing.. anyway, if your not good enough will it show "risky" or will the dialogue not include the pickpocket option?

i have 42 in dex. too little?
Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 4:44 pm
mythicdude
City Guard
City Guard

when in dialog says "child's play" means some amount of dex, for example 20, "risky" means 50 or60, "nearly imposibile" means over 100.

THIS IS NOT CORECT, what i have written above, just an example
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:40 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Locked rooms in monastery basement

quote:
Originally posted by Istvan
Who can unlock those two rooms? On of them is treasure room. Are those accesible only if you play as a mage?

Treasury: The key can be stolen from Gorax, the "merchant" inside the monastery. The pickpocket rating is "difficult".

Larder: This room is related to Novice-only quests and thus is accessible only as a novice. The key will be given by Gorax if you ask for his quest. Inside the room you can find a chest, which contains 14 (?) sheep sausages. You must distribute the sausages evenly among the novices in order to solve Gorax's quest.

You'll also find an alchemist's recipe in the room. The novice Opolos (the shepard inside the monastery) will be appreciated if you let him peek through the recipe. Also, you'll gain some experience if you give the recipe to Neroas, the mage alchemist.

Secret Library: The high mage Talamon won't let you get into the library until you're at the right moment.

Hope this will help.
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 10:55 pm
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

When you play as a Mage, I know you get a key for your own room. Can you steal the key to get into that room as a non Mage? If so, who has the key? Thanks.
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:33 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by TheCleric
Can you steal the key to get into that room as a non Mage?

AFAIK, no. You can steal two keys in the monastery: (1) a chest key from Igaraz, (2) the Treasury key from Gorax.
Post Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:41 am