Almexia's Hand's
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
Sanchez
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Almexia's Hand's

Can anyone beat these guys? My character is a level 60 dark elf War wizard (battle mage with tweaks) and I can beat any other thing in the game with ease but no matter what I do I always get worked, if someone has beaten them can you tell me how to (I want their armour if it's different from the hand that you have to kill)
Post Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:51 am
Sanchez
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Don't everyone race to answer me at once
Post Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:21 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Sorry nobody's stepped up yet. It shouldn't be too much longer.

In the meantime, welcome to the boards.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:20 pm
Rordog
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I couldn't have been more than lvl 30 playing on 100 difficulty when I took down the one that you are supposed to kill. I never fought all of them that hang out around the wench though. That being said the best combat is archer in that game. Archer with those fast boots is nearly untouchable unless stuck fighting in a small room.

Is their armour different? I'm not sure. Turn down the difficulty to neg 100 and they should drop pretty fast.
Post Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:29 am
Sanchez
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

nah I tried that plus I conjured a whole army of spirits and fabricants used every magical item in my inventory (including that purple robe of woe making my magika go to 1012) and evry stat was at about 150-200. The problem is that their scimitars sap my strength and I get over encumbered and they swamp me and kill me if you cauld levitate I would just do that and shoot them......I HATE THOSE GUYS
Post Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:47 am
Rordog
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

ahhh, now I remember they are tough cookies.

What about if you could get your resists high enough that their swords could not cast the spell on you? (resist magika maybe, or reflect). I can't be certain, I haven't played morrowind in a while and I don't have it installed right now so I can't offer any trial and error help.

later, rordog
Post Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:12 pm
weirdo2590
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

if ur playing on the pc version and your desperete open the console click one of them and type ,sethealth 0, (without ,).
Post Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:42 pm
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

Ive killed that guy that u have to kill.And u do is buy some exclusiv potions of resist magicka in great baazar and ur on half the way.And ull never beat all of them at once.U tellvani right?
die dunkle Seite zerstören, wir sollen
Post Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:09 pm
Sanchez
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm playing the xbox GOTYE and I havn't picked out of the 3 factions because I can't decide which will be best. I think it must be impossible because whenever I'm about to take one out they just get healed somehow
Post Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:40 am
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

3 factions?
Post Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:57 pm
weirdo2590
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

1.kamahl: he means great houses.

2:sanchez: they're using exclusive restore health potions or Almelexia is healing them unless you've already killed her.
Post Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:55 pm
harlekin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I've already killed them several times (and reloaded, because i don't want them to be dead permanantly), there are the methods i used:

1. The cheeky way: Get those poisoned throwing darts from the thiefsgang in the sewers of Tribunal, then climb (jump, as you can't levitate) one of the trees that are in the "High Chapel" where the Hands stand. Be sure not to fall down as you throw them at the guards and stop, when they succeed in reflecting the spell back on you to heal yourself.

2. Call me wizard: The ingredients: One custom made area effect lightning spell that deals "major" damage, severeal healing potions, an severe amount of running.

3. My masterpiece: Create about half a dozen "Summon Golden Saint" spells, each individually named and get the one remarkable robe from Bloodmoon, that not deals out sun damage to cast Chameleon on your self, put on any other items that provide you with constant Chameleon and enter the High Chapel. Search for a dark corner and cast one area effect damage spell on one of the Hands to get things started. Then cast wave after wave of golden Saints and watch them do their work. This takes quite a while, so be sure to remain hidden in the shadows.

4. The simple way: Of course, when you have a sneaking skill of about 130 like me, when i wear Helseths Collar, you could sneak behind every guard and try to kill it with a single stealthy blow. Although i don't know if they would survive one hit, i must admit i haven't tried that. If it is possible, you can get rid of one guard after the other without having them even notice, that something is wrong.

The results:
http://harlekin.goldcode.de/XBSC/050505-45.html
There are more pictures that i've taken of the fallen Hands, browse through if you like.
Post Fri Sep 02, 2005 3:13 pm
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

or take the ckikens way:get ur self a master alchamy set and go to sadrith mora.In the impirial chapel buy some things that raise int(there r 2 of them diffrente).The guy has inffinitive of them.Buy all that u can and start making pots.Make 7 of them and drink them and make another seven and again and again and again so that ull int will be arround tousand something.Then go arround sadrith mora and buy as much ingridients of str as possible and make potions out of them.Each pot will give u arrround 5000str at 50k int for 10k secs.when u get to the hands drink the pots and ull kill em in 1 blow
Post Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:32 pm
Shadowdragon07
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

The way I killed them was to use Disentegrate armor and weapon spells on them and they tried to fight with a fist and a helmet, I don't know why the helmet didn't die out,

NOTE- I don't know why but sometimes I tried the disentegrate spell but it didn't work

A weapon that is good for disentegrate is the daedric Cresecent Blade, or just create one,

By the way, is anybody a super all around char. like me, I have a Dark Elf with melee classes and magic class abilities, such as almchemy, enchant, long sword, restoration, medium armor, light armor
Post Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:59 am
Kamahl
King of Spam
King of Spam

there was one guy that had all the skills in 100 i think
Post Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:08 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next