Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
How Many Oblivion Gates Are There? OMFG!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Oblivion - General

How Many Gates Have You Closed?
0-10
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
11-20
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
21-30
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
31-40
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
41-50
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

Author Thread
Crate Of Rum
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Location: A pirate ship, next to my ninja fortress in south east japan.
How Many Oblivion Gates Are There? OMFG!!

Yea, Okay holy crap.
Plain and simple, WTF WAS BETHESDA THINKING?!!?!?! Why oh why did they ever feel it was a good idea to put over 50 gates in the game when there are only 4 different Oblivion levels for them. Ive closed 38 of them, and i have gotten to the point where i no longer try fighting, i just cast a strong feather spell, and a fortify speed spell and i book it to the sigil stone.
But My question is WHY?!?!?!?! why didn't the creators make it more fun to close these damned things? I mean the first ... 10 were kinda fun, but somewhere in the mid 20s you start getting bored killing the same Spider Daedreas, Storm Astronachs, and Xivilia guys. I just felt like ranting on the terrible situation. Oh and I refuse to continue the damned main quest until i close every single gate (I'm praying for some kind of "super fun cool" bonus for all my hard work... Like maybe... I'll get deified, or actually able to run a guild!
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:47 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I know it is not an excuse and they should really make it more fun but you don't have to close most of them. So if you don't like it (and who would like is?), don't do it.

I don't understand why they did it neither. No one can enjoy this stupid repetitive type of thing.
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:08 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hehe, I actually tried out this theory, so I know it's true(with some reloads etc etc) - Oblivion Gates are actually randomly spawned. Meaning, unlike dungeons, there is no real number, there is probably a fixed number, say 50, and after the "invasion" begins they start spawning all over the place untill that number has been filled. Oblivion Gates are nothing more than a new type of dungeon to get some loot and do some killing, but you get the added bonus of the Stone at the end of it, which can create some very powerful enchants.

How I noticed this: I was running across the mountain in the north, and came across an Oblivion gate.. not too long I died, so I had to reload, but my load was quite a while back. When I came to the exact same mountain again, there was no gate at all, hehe. Maybe they have 100 fixed locations and 50 of them will be filled randomly or something. Not completely sure how it works.

Just do like most people - do the gates you have to, skip the rest.

Welcome to the forums btw.

///SPOILER ALERT:

Spoiler:
The rest will close and go away as you complete the game.
Post Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:37 am
argent1970
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

has anyone gotten a really cool sigil stone? i've gotten some that fortify speed, fatigue, blade, blunt, etc. but are there stones which up your attributes? i have a suspicion its level dependent, like much of the loot in oblivion.
Post Tue May 02, 2006 3:55 am