Different Questions...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Chiefo
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Different Questions...

im a Dragonhunter lvl 15 on Chapter 3.. going to "fix" the eye of innos with help of Xardas, Vatras but need proof to the magician of fire leader..

though thats not my problem since i havent worked on it.. i want to "solve" all the minor quest for a period now..

first:

- I talked to a guy in the monostary who told me to kill that person who stole the Eye of Inos.. the problem is i cant find him, just bodies of his "servants".. and it was just a coincidence that i found the eye of innos in a stonehenge with alot of hood-people, i was just taking a walk
But i want to find this guy and kick his ass hehe..

- i cant find the thieves guild... is it Rengaru i have to talk too? i talked too him after he stole from the merchant but i ended up with letting him go.. but the quest is stil there, not as "failed" og suceeded quests.. it bothers me.. but again, how do i join thieves guild or find it? is it to late? the fish everybody is talking about.. well if its in the place with those thieves you meet in the begining of the game i have probably taken it.. im not sure though...

- what about the door near the docks.. in the "sea".. is that the entrance to thieves guild? i have no key.. and here are som "Chest"-who need Key : * The one behind the "guard" beisde the entrance with upperquarter..
* The chest in on the island .. i took a swim
* the door on the kings ship.. hehe.. im sure i wont get that but i found an flaw that makes me able to get on the ship without them saying "alarm" "alarm" , just "lower your weapon!"

- the temple up in the northeast.. well im going to kick the troll over there since ive gained much much strength and exp. since last time i met him.. well ive heard its a good sword up there.. and a treasure from the old map i bought.. much to find there and is it a "cave" with alot of skeletons? Skeletons kicks my ass i feel! I brought some trolls easily down (expect the one with the temple.. i was unlucky) but the skeletons, if they are 2 off course, will harm me!
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:29 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

1) You'll find the novice that ran off with the Eye of Innos later in the game. He'll be in a prison cell on the island you sail to in the final chapter of the game. You can't find him at this point. In the final chapter you'll find out that he was possessed and had no control over his actions. It's in your best interest to forgive him and guide him back to your ship to safety.

2) The main entrance to the thief's guild is the wooden door you have to swim to just off the docks at the harbor. If you jump off the docks where the small sailboats are tied and swim to the right, towards the furthest right end of the harbor's edge, you find a door which is the main entrance to the sewers. It will be locked. You need to report someone from the harbor to Lord Andre in order for Atilla to be sent to kill you. After you report someone from the harbor to Lord Andre, go to the bar at the harbor and talk to Kardif. He will tell you someone came by looking for you, and give you instructions on where to find this person. Go where he tells you to go and kill Atilla and loot the key on him. The key will unlock the door to the sewers, which leads to the thief's guild. (It's in your best interest to report the fish merchant to Lord Andre because you get more profit by reporting him. You'll get more experience if you don't report anyone else.)

3) If you want the treasure being guarded by the guard near the front entrance of the city, you can kill the guard. Just don't do it close to anyone else and none of the other NPCs will bother joining the fight or reporting you to Lord Andre. (If you do kill the guard, it's possible you'll be missing out on some experience later on... You'll need someone else to confirm this. I killed the guard in my current game ...along with a few other common NPCs, and haven't run into any problems. The only thing of value you'll find in the chest is a leather armor. The other chest "...will never open.")

4) The troll near the "temple" area is actually one of the easiest creatures to kill. They are slow and so long as you remain close to it's body (under it's arms and not directly in front of it), you can easily avoid taking damage by running around him and hitting him from behind. Using this technique, I killed every troll in chapter 1 with less than 30 strength--including the black troll. The cave nearby is mostly inhabited by black goblins, not skeletons. Skeletons are probably the most difficult to kill in Khorinis. Save them for last... You should save some magic scrolls ("nukes" or "Direct Damage") for the skeletons.

Hope this helps!
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:11 am
Myrtel
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hallo!

1. Yeah, to kick his ass would be very good, but you won't find him on Khorinis. You will be able to solve this quest in Chapter 6!!

2. It's very good that you let go Rengaru. When you 'open' the thieves Fish you will find a note in it which says that Halvor (the fish-guy) has something to do with the robberys on the merchants. Then when you talk to Halvor and say that you don't let him imprisoned, it will be very good for your reputation by thieves guild
When you solve the missions from Nagur, don't imprison Rengaru and Halvor you will be given the access for thieves guild
[but don't be a fool and talk to NAgur with milic-clothes!!!]

3. Yeah, it is the entrance to the thieves guild.
guard-chest: I think there is no key for that
island-chest: The lady in the hotel will give you the key for that chest when you do her a favour. It has something to do with a book of Lehmar
ship-door: You will be given that key at the end of chapter 5

4. No there aren't many Skeletons in the cave, but I just don't remember what weapon was in there.

I hope I could help U!
cYa
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 1:18 am
Chiefo
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

About the thieves fish.. can i eat it? i doubt i have done it but i know i dont have that fish.. i might not even have found it!

about Rengaru, well no i didnt report him but i believe i wanted some sort of money from him.. but the "quest" about Merchant-Rengaru is still there.. i dont know why.. I cant say nothing particular to Lord Hagen, Rengaru or the merchant

i will try out what youve said.. thanks folks.. but i feel the thieves guild option is lost
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:22 am
dented
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The sword at the temple is at the top of the pyramid in a chest, so you'll need to pick the lock. The same goes for the cave. There's a chest there with a ring of Invincibility (10+ to all protections) and a "mace on a chain". Watch out for a surprise when you open the chest though (You might want to save first... )
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:42 am
Chiefo
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

i can predict some summoned skeletons? one said to me: bring a hammer or a mace when you go up there and when i think about it, isnt hatter/mace the thing that work best on skeletons?

havent found good hammers though.. same goes with mace
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:13 am
Chiefo
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

one more thing..

Akils farm, it isnt the farm near the tavern? (on the other side of the bridge) ?

im sure thats why im asking.. i thought it might be the farm you first go to in the game and i find the fish in that cave. But if its the farm near the tavern i missed out on some thives/cave
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:38 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

yup thats Akils Farm

3) If you want the treasure being guarded by the guard near the front entrance of the city, you can kill the guard. Just don't do it close to anyone else and none of the other NPCs will bother joining the fight or reporting you to Lord Andre. (If you do kill the guard, it's possible you'll be missing out on some experience later on... You'll need someone else to confirm this. I killed the guard in my current game ...along with a few other common NPCs, and haven't run into any problems. The only thing of value you'll find in the chest is a leather armor. The other chest "...will never open.") <---------- u can get to the chest much easyer if u go behind there where is regis sitting there is a wall climb up there then jump on the roof and there jump on the other wall and u are allready behind the guard
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 11:06 am
Chiefo
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

ooh.. there is no problem getting behind the guard to the chest.. (thats why i asked how to get the key to them)

i just summoned goblin skeletons and ran pass him when he fought!
but i only got the leather armour but the other chest was "key-needed" and i just wondered who got the key.. the guard doesnt have it?

and thats Akils farm you say? where do i find the sheep thieves and the cave where i find the fish?
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:17 pm
Chiefo
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

i need help here folks! Where is the cave with the sheep thieves who steal sheeps from Akil?

btw. talk about lucky but i got Dragon Slayer Sword.. 80 in damage, my last had 58! I just needed some help from Xardas and Vatras to get rid of the last 2 skeletons with armour
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 5:51 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

If you follow the path from Akil's farm heading towards the lighthouse, stick to the left wall. Follow the wall until you see a cave, that is the cave with the bandits you'll need to kill and the sheep you'll need to take back to Akil.
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:22 am
Chiefo
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

thanks i found it!

but here goes the standard question:

Thieves Guild, do you think i can join it or is it lost when I have:

- Found the fish, but let the fishmerchant go if he gave me some of those "fishes"

- Let Ringaru go, but i wanted something for it (think it was money).. i had problem with this quest since it wasnt solved or failed when i talked to the merchant and said he got away...

- someonet talks about a package i must deliever for a guy in the bar (on the docks) but the only guy in ther beside the bartender wont talk to me just say leave me alone..

im a missing out on something here?

If i am.. i want to find Attila but he isnt to be found! maybe because i need to do all three "jobs" ?
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:06 am
dented
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Speak to Kardif the barman and ask if he has any 'special' jobs for you. He'll glance around and refer you to Nagur, he guy who's sitting by the table. He'll then give you the quest. Finsih it without turning him in, and then se what happens.
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:45 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Joining the thieves is easy. You can even betray the guy in the bar, turn him in and if you kill the assassin they send and steal the key he has you can go down to the sewers and join them. For more fun, knock out Hanna, steal her keys and then use oblivion on her.

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:29 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

yup but the best way offcorse is to fight atilla to death u get exp and some nice shjit of him
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 11:36 am