p|X|
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I play german version with english subtitles and it's awesome

Post Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:40 pm
Morning.LemoN
Village Leader
Village Leader

hehehe, this is beginning to become quite a LOL situation here...
in CDprojekt's homepage they now have the NOTR as planned for release in the "next months", with a note saying "further in 2005"....
Post Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:58 pm
maic_ro
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

This is like the 7-th topic about the same subject.... is geting tiring
Post Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:50 pm
Lord.J.R.Goulden
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Your blathering is confusing:rpconfused: what people want to know is weather the will be an English version of ‘gothic night of the raven’ so could you all plainly state weather they will or not. thank you.
Post Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:15 pm

Okay. my english is bad, but i hope you will understand. I've just got Gothic 2 addon. I did al the necessary steps in order to prepare to install Gothic 2 addon. The problem is: When is start installing G2 addon it says: Bitte legen sie die originalische gothic 2-the night of the raven CD. But i have CD inserted in. I tried everything i know, but it still do me that! What can I do?
Post Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:45 pm

LordHagen

Gothic 2 addon really <ROX>. I played it, now i have my own and its great to paly Gothic, especially at Christmas.
Post Mon Dec 20, 2004 7:16 pm

Bklynking43
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

goto www.gamestop.com and you could buy it for 9.99 +taxand shipping charges and you have it, but ask a cousin or a friend that lives here to buy it and ship it to u.

this is the lowest price i've found and it offer inernational shipping so probably you could use a card to purchases it. i paid 13.04 for it dor 5 to 10 day shipping and i came seven days after processing.
Post Tue Dec 28, 2004 4:10 pm
Morning.LemoN
Village Leader
Village Leader

Just for your information,
in the Czech version of the cdprojekt site, the polish add-on is now dated 20-01-2005. nothing much, i guess, considering all the release dates that have gone by...
Post Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:05 am
Pandur (not logged in)

Publisher

The Addon isnt released yet in english speaking countries?

Well, thats really disappointing. But its all about the publishers, the developer PB cant do anything about it. I guess the game is finish long ago, i played it a half year ago or something (in german) and i am sure the english version is finished.

Also in germany there were lots of problems with the publishers, and most of the people hate them because they treat this best games series ever wrong. By not include a card, by making bad artwork and design for covers and so on. An also by releasing to late. The background is in germany the publisher was near the total collapse and only by selling gothic 2 it could get out of it critical situation. Thats also why the publisher makes thousands of versoin of Gothic 2 and the Addon in germany, but who wants to buy it? Nobody, because they are more or less the same and the fans have the game, why buy a sevond or a thrid version of the same?

So i guess, there cant be done anything, if the publisher is unable to publish it....i hope for gothic 3 PB will change their publisher and i wish them luck for it.
Post Fri Jan 07, 2005 1:47 pm

Pandur (not logged in)

Installtion

Installation

@Guest:
For Installation of Gothic 2 and also G2:AddOn it is nescessary to deinstall all of your antivir programs and for sure also all of your security suite. But of course this doesnt include a firewall, that doesnt matter, as i know.

I had this problem and i was just near to throw the cd out of my windows when i read in the booklet that antivirsoftware should be deinstalled.

Maybe the problem with antivirsoftware ist, that the antiviesoftware thinks gothic 2 is an virus and maybe also the installation routine of gothic 2 thinks the antivirsoftware is a cracker program......welll maybe....but anyway there is a problem with antivir software and the installation of gothic 2/AddOn.
Post Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:54 pm

Hindukönig
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Re: Installtion

quote:
Originally posted by Pandur (not logged in)
Maybe the problem with antivirsoftware ist, that the antiviesoftware thinks gothic 2 is an virus and maybe also the installation routine of gothic 2 thinks the antivirsoftware is a cracker program....

No. As trivial as it is, but normally an antivirus-program checks every single file which comes ... through the pipeline. Because of the large files of Gothic II, the duration of the installation reaches new heights ...
Post Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:25 am
PJosh

Cancelled !!!!

the english version of the expansion is cancelled
the programmers are now concentrating on gothic 3 AND gothic 4
last i heard
hopefully the english versions of gothic 3 will be released with the german version
Post Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:36 pm

titus
Survivor of Hell
Survivor of Hell

thhan I guess you heard quite wrong because in the last interview with the persons of Gothic there wasn't even a rumour about G4. Although I would be very glad if you are right
Post Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:34 pm

Re: Cancelled !!!!

quote:
Originally posted by PJosh
the english version of the expansion is cancelled
the programmers are now concentrating on gothic 3 AND gothic 4
last i heard
hopefully the english versions of gothic 3 will be released with the german version

LOL! The english version was completed a loooooong time ago, it's DONE.

It's Jowood that's fucked up the release of it.

And they probably won't start Gothic 4 until Gothic 3 is out.
Post Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:54 pm

It is hard to install the expansion with SP2. You really have to jump through hope with a custom install.bat. And the expansion is almost just the same as Gothic 2. Not really worth it. Wait for Gothic 3.
Post Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:01 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next