Original Price            80 gold
LOBART: Pick turnip     - 10 gold
HILDA: Give pan         - 10 gold
VINO: Give wine         - 10 gold
MALETH: Kill bandits    - 10 gold
                      -------------
Total                     40 gold
                      =============

However, I remember the lowest price you could get was 30 gold pieces. Is there anything I missed?
Post Sun Jun 15, 2003 10:47 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I assume you are comparing the price to the demo.. well, some things have actually changed since the demo, including prices.
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:21 am
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Maleth doesn't say anything about Bandits to me...no quest by any means.....

-Guru,Gang Starr |Skills|
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:26 am
Irf
High Emperor
High Emperor

did you tell him you were attacked by bandits? then tell him you know where they hideout, he'll tell you he'd be grateful if you killed them.
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:32 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

But... I killed the bandits and reported it to Maleth. He's already deducted the price for me. Is there anything else missing?
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 3:06 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Strange... redid the quests again, and now I can buy the clothes for 30 gold pieces... strange...

@bigkabuto: You have to talk to the bandit outside the cave first.
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 4:31 am
demonsavatar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Instead of paying 30 Gold, I happened to find the farmer's clothes in a chest in the house. I still did all the quests for the EXP though but this way I saved some 30 shiny gold pieces, I hope stealing them didn't have any strange effects later in the game.

Btw, if you do steal them, don't walk near Lobart or he will start a conversation that will end with you giving back his clothes, or you being attacked by everyone on the farm.

P.S. I tried dropping the clothes somewhere and talking to him, but he still attacks you.
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 6:29 am
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

There is a quest given to city guard by Lord Andre "Troubles on Lobarts Farm" which cannot be done if you stole clothes in the beginning. Then in chapter 4 someone on Onars Farm says that Lobarts Farm (it may be mistake because Sekobs Farm was taken over by dark mages) was taken by some people. And there is a quest (chapter 4 city guard) with finding Orcs commander when also some characters mention Lobart as potential source of information. Maybe you can do something more for him. In the beginning I made all quests, paid 30 or 40 and then Lobart told me to take clothes. But when I took he said I`m thief and it was over. Had no patience to start with previous save.
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:49 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

Right, i was wrong..i hadn't even talked to maleth yet before...but right in the beginning i killed those bandits already, they tried to kill me...and that's just not the way it is..anyway...i've went to that "friendly" bandit and he left the places and is now sitting by a campfire...so i went back to the farm to meet with Maleth again...well....i can't find that fella ANYWHERE around the farm, not inside...not doing his job...DAMMIT.

-Guru,Gang Starr |Skills|
Post Mon Jun 16, 2003 11:27 pm
demonsavatar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by bora
There is a quest given to city guard by Lord Andre "Troubles on Lobarts Farm" which cannot be done if you stole clothes in the beginning. Then in chapter 4 someone on Onars Farm says that Lobarts Farm (it may be mistake because Sekobs Farm was taken over by dark mages) was taken by some people. And there is a quest (chapter 4 city guard) with finding Orcs commander when also some characters mention Lobart as potential source of information. Maybe you can do something more for him. In the beginning I made all quests, paid 30 or 40 and then Lobart told me to take clothes. But when I took he said I`m thief and it was over. Had no patience to start with previous save.

I was on the same quest, and by the time you do this quest you should have light militia armour which is alot better than farmers clothes, so just put the farmers clothes back into the chest you took them from before talking to Lobart about the quest, and you will be fine, that is, if you still have the farmers clothes, I kept them just in case something like this would happen

Of course, you lazy types would rather pay the 30-70 gold, but then you wouldn't have the satisfaction of getting away with something
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:45 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by demonsavatar
Of course, you lazy types would rather pay the 30-70 gold, but then you wouldn't have the satisfaction of getting away with something

um... I want the 30 gold price tag, but that doesn't mean I paid the clothes.
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:59 am
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was on the same quest, and by the time you do this quest you should have light militia armour which is alot better than farmers clothes, so just put the farmers clothes back into the chest you took them from before talking to Lobart about the quest, and you will be fine, that is, if you still have the farmers clothes, I kept them just in case something like this would happen
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for the tip. I sold them and they were impossible to buy back.
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 7:35 am
Sanosuke
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:

You obviously took more than just the clothes..thats why he attacked you..He said something about "Dont try to take anything else or i'll tan your hide" or something like that ^_^
Post Tue Jun 17, 2003 9:55 am