View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Psygnosis
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

XBOX Gameplay Loophole Dragon Egg

Hi,

My Dad has Arx for his XBOX, and apparently, he killed the Ice Dragon and took a Dragon Egg from it.
Well, for some reason he sold the egg to a merchant thinking it was a useless item, doh...
Well, so the dragon is dead, and the merchant he sold the egg to does not offer the egg back, as it's disapeared from their stall, so now he can't progress through the game because he can't make that sword with the Dragon Egg. I'm not familiar with this part of the game, as I have not got this far in the PC version yet.

Any help would be appreciated.
Post Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:48 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

Let my explain something first and then you can get the answer from my words.
The dragons eggs are quest related.When time comes you are sent to find one dragon egg.You have to find out how many dragonscales a dragon has and pay that number to gold.Then the dragon will give you one egg to end your quest.Now pay attention.There are three ways to get dragons egg(s)
1)Pay the dragon and get one dragon egg.
2)Kill the dragon and take three eggs.
3)Pay the dragon and get one egg.Then kill him get your gold back and take the other three eggs.
Solution three is the best cause you get 4 eggs , more gold, and a lot more experince.Your father from what I have understood did the third solution but he didnt pay attetnion to the three eggs that were laying from above.So tell you father to go back where ecxactly the dragon was and look UP.He will see three dragon eggs.He can reach two of them if he climbs a little bit where the dragon stood.Or he can reach all of them by using the spell of telekinisis.
Now you mentioned that he sold only one egg so I am suppose that what I have write untill now is correct.If he has sold all of them there is only one solution load a previous saved game or start all over.Cause in order the game to be finished you have to enchance the weapon with the egg.That action will trigger a movie scene when a player reaches the end and he can continue his quest to finally meet the last enemy.If the meteor weapon isnt enchanched wth the egg thwere is no movie scene when you enter the Ylside bunker and I dont know if he is capable of beating the last enemy or even open the gate which leads to the last enemy.
I think I have helped.
Post Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:30 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Balcony is right for pc, so let us know if this is not how the Xbox version works out when he goes back. I am curious about that for other xbox players.
Mark Twain
Post Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:39 pm
Psygnosis
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thankyou for the help balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe.

But oh dear, he just told me he sold all three.

I guess it's just a game design flaw. What a shame, he spent so much time making that much progress in the game, for a silly act to nullify the game...

He accepted he would have to start the game again, but I was just curous to see if there was anything he might have missed.
Post Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:00 pm
balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe
Alien Dwarf
Alien Dwarf

From my experience in rpgs I could say certently that the game cant be finished.
ALTOUGHT from what I have experienced in Arx Fatalis I understood what the makers have said over and over: Arx Fatalis can be finished no matter what.
In most games of mineI try lot of bizzare things and among them ways to ruin the game.As far in Arx I havend found any and believe me I have tried everything.There is always another way (without cheating) in Arx to continue and complete the quests.I can tell you cause you arent familiar with the plot of the game that if you just kill everyone you meet for the first time you can actually continue the game.The game protects the NPCs that have a "key" connection to the game intact.In many different ways the game is designed to
prevent a player for ruin his game.So what I am telling is that there might be a solution in your problem.My advice is to take another visit to the dragons cave ,the shopkeeker your dad sell the eggs and the dragons corpse.
In the meantime I am going to council some folks over the Jowood forums who have more knowledge about Arx than me and maybe they could tell me what to do or give me some hints or ideas to work up with.
As I said in my previous post if the sword isnt enchanced properly (with the egg) the video scene doest appear when you enter the bunker.AKA that dont necesseraly mean the game cant be finished.Also I think that the final enemy can be killed with other weapons too.What makes me believe that is what if a player plays the game strictly as a mage?He cant equip the meteor weapon if his stats are very very low at str and close combat.So he uses magic instead.That makes me believe that the demon can be killed also with magic and normal weapons and the super duper meteor weaopon its just another glitch of the game.
So give it a try and let us know what happened.
aaa and something else;How in earth your father thought about selling the eggs?I mean they are rare items and only the name "DRAGON EGGS" makes these items "NOT FOR SALE" items!!!
Post Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:58 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

This was a flaw that the designers missed. They know and will fix in Arx2 they said. He should check for the eggs at the store. I found them there when I sold them. But then I have pc. Just a reminder, save and save a lot with this one.
Mark Twain
Post Tue Feb 22, 2005 6:16 am
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

quote:
Originally posted by balconygolf_ThE_bRiDe

3)Pay the dragon and get one egg.Then kill him get your gold back and take the other three eggs.
Solution three is the best cause you get 4 eggs , more gold, and a lot more experince.

Cool. I'll have to play again and try this method. Maybe this will help me get higher than level 8. I've never finished with a character higher than level 8.

Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Tue Apr 26, 2005 1:30 pm