Usergroups
Title Deed?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Maleraka
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

When ik learned about the MARVIN cheat, i went exploring, i found this kind of fort accross a river bridge that wa sin the side of a mountaina nd inside a chest at the top of the fort, i found a title deed that said the old mine, and the hill fort belonged to me for the price of 400 gold, is there anyway to claim this in the demo?
Post Sun Sep 30, 2001 10:20 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Fort? 400 Gold? Own the fort?

I've never seen that before.

But I can already tell you that you can't claim it in the Demo. You're not even supposed to be at the Old Mine. I didn't even know that 'Old Mine' was written anywhere near there... Interesting.

Anything outside of the Mini-Barrier in the demo is 'unplayable'. You can only open chests, push strange buttons, and pick up things.

I can't even seem to be able to mine Ore at the Old Mine in the demo.

And you're the guy that wanted to know how to re-spawn everything, without losing your character, right?

Well what you can do is type HERO EXPORT NAME in console. Then start a new game, then type HERO IMPORT NAME in console.

Now you have your old character in a new game.

You can make him better, too, if you want. By going into your SAVES directory and editting your .ZEN file.
Post Sun Sep 30, 2001 10:37 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

The deed is a quest item. It would come as a surprise if you could use it in the demo.

Post Sun Sep 30, 2001 11:53 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Where is all this?

I went exploring just now, and I didn't find anything like that.

Can you tell me which river brige you went across?
Post Mon Oct 01, 2001 1:39 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

In the far south, east of the sunken tower. Itīs pretty hard to find without a map.
Post Mon Oct 01, 2001 2:06 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well of course it's hard to find without a map. It's hard to go anywhere outside of the Mini-Barrier without a map.

I'm still exploring the North right now... There's really nothing in the North. The Orc territory has some interesting things to look at, but all in all, it's just boring.

I've tried to get out of the Colony a few times, but it's surrounded by cliffs, and I haven't figured out how to re-code the gravity, so that I can float up there, yet.

Okay, so down South, and East of a Sunken town.
Gotcha, thanks.
Post Mon Oct 01, 2001 7:09 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Iīm not sure if you can climb or walk high enough to reach the Mountain Castle if you approach it from the south. If my memory and the map in front of me arenīt tricking me, the correct passage is:

Leave the OC through the rear entrance, walk, cross the river on the left, turn right, walk. Youīll see 2 bridges. Between the 2 bridges, turn right and walk up the hill. From there youīll find it.

Post Mon Oct 01, 2001 8:24 pm
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hey, Gorath, thanks for that tip. I didn't think of looking behind me, when I got to the two bridges, but I remembered what you said.

And about the Title Deed, once you pick it up, the Old Fort is YOURS.

It's a Deed(duh). The person that holds the Deed, regardless of legal rights, owns the property. It also says that when you read it.

Ha, that idiot sold his fort, and all his Ore mines for a mere 400gps. He sounded pretty desperate, too. I wonder why.

I also found one of the five stones there, then I went north to find another one, I'm trying to figure out how to recharge them, now.

I also got outside of the barrier, there's nothing there but endless freefalls.
Post Tue Oct 02, 2001 12:27 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

" I didn't think of looking behind me, when I got to the two bridges, but I remembered what you said."

Thatīs one of the reasons why most people play Gothic more than once. Later in the game you find all those hidden places with easy enemies and a few potions. Then you think, damn, I really could have used these 300 xp in the very beginning. :smile:

[ This Message was edited by: Gorath on 2001-10-02 00:58 ]
Post Tue Oct 02, 2001 5:54 am