View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
DeathBringer
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Please Help Fire Arrow Test??

Hi

In the test of fire i have done Pyrokar's and Serpentes's tests but i cannot do Ultors quest. I have the sulpher and the rune stone but when i talk to Hyglass, there is no dialogue option apart from END.

I have used the search function on this forum and cant find any answer.

Please Help me.

Thanks
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:32 pm
Danica
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

You also need a *scroll* with the Fire Arrow spell and finally a Rune table (there is one in the library).

Of course you also need to learn the spell (5 LP)
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:35 pm
DeathBringer
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks a million
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 2:44 pm
_SurFaCinG_
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Uhm... i need help with the test of fire, all of it :P

Can anyone write how to complete each and one of the tests? I need a little walkthrough there The test of fire that is.... thanks in advance!
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:03 pm
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

Re: Uhm... i need help with the test of fire, all of it :P

quote:
Originally posted by _SurFaCinG_
Can anyone write how to complete each and one of the tests? I need a little walkthrough there The test of fire that is.... thanks in advance!

There has been already several threads about the Test of Fire. Use the search button. Anyway, here's my version.

1. Pyrokar: Blank Runestone

Follow the red arrow in the map. You'll find a highwayman in front of the bridge. Either pay him the bridge toll or kill him (+80 exp). Also, in the area around the Ancient Pyramid, you'll meet Ulf who keeps on following you. Ask him to stop following you or kill him.

Follow the arrow, and you'll eventually find a secret cave at the very northeast of the land (i.e. in the forest slightly east of the Black Troll). Now, enter the cave.

In the cave, choose the right path when you see a fork. Eventually, you'll notice an altar with four pillars of blue light. Open the chest at the altar and get the runestone.

When you return to the monastery, Agon and Ulf will be hostile at you. Kill them. Tell Father Pyrokar that you have passed His test.

2. Ulthar: Make a Fire Arrow rune.

Make sure you have sulphur and a Fire Arrow spell scroll. If not, buy them from Master Gorax.

Go to the library and talk to Master Hyglas. Ask Him to teach you how to make the runestone. Now, go to the Rune Table at the library and synthesize the runestone.

Go back to Master Ulthar and show Him your first magic rune.

3. Serpentes: Magic Golem

Talk to Dyrian outside the Grand Church and get a Sleep spell scroll from him.

Go down to the celler. Find a room with a Holy Hammer and the Shield of Fire, guarded by the novice Garwig. (This room is opposite to the monastery library which is guarded by Master Talamon.) Cast Sleep at Garwig. Quickly grab the Holy Hammer. Equip the Holy Hammer and get out from the monastery.

Go find the Magic Golem, whose location is shown in the map. You should find him in the area RIGHT BEFORE you cross the bridge. If you're confused, ask Igaraz and he should give you more detailed directions.

With the Holy Hammer equipped, you can easily kill the Magic Golem with a few blows.

After the golem is dead, return to Master Serpentes and tell Him the good news.

Talk to Master Pyrokar. Welcome to the Brotherhood of Fire.
Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:56 pm