RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Gorath
Okay

Another missing point you should mention is that PB, Atari and JoWooD do not provide support for this file and noone should try to contact them about it.

Added that too, thanks for suggestions!
Post Fri May 21, 2004 11:39 am
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

Well, I just hope the original English version of NotR will be released soon too and that this way of handling doesn't have an affect on Gothic 3.
Post Fri May 21, 2004 11:56 am
cothyso
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I'm sure it doesn't as:

1) fans are big lovers of this game series, and they'll buy it anyway, no matter if they already played using this translation mod (as you can see, most of them played the game for multtiple times, and they'll do it again when the official english addon will be out)

2) others won't care about it anyway

3) if you're a company and you're basing a 3rd game in a series on sales of an addon which should have been appeared looong time ago (meaning that at the time of release, will be obsolete for almost anyone excepting series fans', which will buy it anyway) and without any kind of advertisement (not to talk about an aggresive one, something which even the main games from the series never saw) then there's something very wrong with you.

And well, as you can see, company's merket traget for this international version of Gothic II's addon are atm (as it cames VERY late) only it's fans. And if this is true, then it's sad, as it looks rather like the company is trying to squash some more bucks from these fans they neglegted all way until now.

It's very close to M$'s position regarding Halo's PC version release... they eventually did it, after years (but at least in their case, they have the business excuse, as they tried to rise up their console sales based on th fact that the game could be played only on that console for a loong period of time), and when it came, all fans which waited for it all those 2 years played it, but they hated M$ for what they did.

Unfortunatelly with Gothic series looks almost the same, if not even worse (as they practically don't even had that lame excuse M$ had)... Isn't it?!!
Post Fri May 21, 2004 12:21 pm
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

i hope that wont happen tho to gothic 3 again like it did with the 2 part btw great job with the translations
Post Fri May 21, 2004 1:54 pm
rubnz
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Okay I got american version of Gothis 2 and German addon. And I came across this problem , like when I try to install it , it asks me for the G2(german) location. I show it my G2 and it doesn't work. So I went to this Russian gothic forum and they told me I have to rename 2 files first vdfs32g.dll and vdfs32g.exe and then put the Original gothic2.exe which they sent me. But it was for version 1.28. I did all that and still the same problem when I get to the part of the installation wher I have to show em my G2 the next key is still faded... WHAT do I do I am going crazy I spent all this money on this thing and I can't even play.
Post Fri May 21, 2004 5:59 pm
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Look at Whailor's 2nd post in this thread: http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=86309

It tells you *exactly* what to do. THe step you are missing is that you need to download the German patches and patch your 1.28 up to 1.30.
Post Fri May 21, 2004 6:26 pm
SG81
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Re: Gothic 2 deutches exe

quote:
Originally posted by lemminkainen
Well... there is a really simple way to grab the exe in a legal way.
In few words... Pirana Bytes give it to us for free!
Just download the deutches patch 1.30 from any site you want.
Then launch it not with double click, but from the command line, in this way:
gothic2_130_de.exe /X
In this way the installation starts in EXTRACT mode, and you can extract from the installation archive only the files yu need. In this case... gothic2.exe
Hope this will be useful to many.

Bye,
Lem

Dude, that's genius! I actually tried running the patch, hoping it would extract all the files to a temporary directory first, and then I could just cancel the program and copy the file I needed so I wouldn't have to install the whole German version of Gothic 2.

But this is a great way to do it. Nice find there, lemminkainen, I didn't know about the command-line options.
Post Fri May 21, 2004 10:17 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Post Fri May 21, 2004 10:42 pm
FICKSER
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

This may be wishfull thinking , but is there any way to have onle german voices and english subtitles if you have a english 1.31 gothic 2 and german addon ??
It just feels strange to have both spoken languages in the same game.
I thought I would ask but I think the answer is no WAY .
Post Sat May 22, 2004 2:18 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hehehe. The answer is "no way" because the base G2 you have installed is
English. This means you only have the English voice files for everything
other than the add-on. If you want German voice but English subs then
you'd have to install over a real *full* German Gothic 2 installation.
Post Sat May 22, 2004 2:55 am
lycanthropy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Great
Post Sat May 22, 2004 3:02 am
GokuSSJ
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hi!

I'm italian and i register myself to this forum only to thank you very much for that translation. I havo no word for the bad behaviour of Atari and JoWood! For months we have waited and then YOU have translated all in only one month! Thank, thank and also thank! Here in Italy situation is worse than in other countries because Atari has postponed regularly the italian translation of Gothic 2 for 6 months! Atari told us that there are some legal problem, but the bad thing is that about the expansion Atari Italy doesn't know nothing!! We are tired in waiting for Atari and JoWood saga and now thanks to you we can buy Gothic 2 english version and then the deutsch expansion withouth problem: goodbye Atari and JoWood! Rest where you are! It's a pleasure to make withouth you!

Thanks from me for the translation, but i think also from MANY MANY MANY other italian gothic fans!!!
Post Sat May 22, 2004 10:02 am
bigboy_
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Hi!

I got 1 simple question and I would like to get a simple answer(s) to it.
Let`s say that I don`t own a single copy of Gothic 2.What do I have to do to play Night of the Raven in english,using this translation mode?
Thanks!
Post Sun May 23, 2004 10:00 am
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

According to Cothyso last info, the patch works for the entire German gold edition. This means you get English subtitles for Gothic2 and the addon. If you want however some English voice acting, you should buy the English Gothic 2 as well.(70% will be with English voice acting, the other 30%-addon- will be in German)
NFG member
Post Sun May 23, 2004 10:53 am
bigboy_
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Bartacus
According to Cothyso last info, the patch works for the entire German gold edition. This means you get English subtitles for Gothic2 and the addon. If you want however some English voice acting, you should buy the English Gothic 2 as well.(70% will be with English voice acting, the other 30%-addon- will be in German)

And how much does the German Gold Edition of Gothic 2 cost?And where can i order it from?
Post Sun May 23, 2004 3:14 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next