International partner: Infogrames!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Spunior
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

"I don't believe these guys. First they don't update their site for 2 months,
Then they put a louzy apologize announcement, and now, they announce only one thing, their deal with infogrames."

You obviously don't understand that they DID NOT KNOW when and how Gothic II is going to be published in NA and various countries in Europe. What did you expect them to post on the site? You're apparently not aware that this situation probably was a lot more frustrating to them than it was to gamers. What do you think should they have posted in the meantime? "Sorry, we don't know when it's going to be out?" every second day? Or "Hold out, it'll ship soon" when they actually didn't know when that is supposed to happen?
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:48 pm
jldawson
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I'll never understand why people make excuses for corporate entities. All it ever comes down to is they can do whatever the fuck they want because it's their business and they're trying to make money, and it doesn't do them any better to bother with pleasing their customers when we're gonna buy the product anyway. Now that we have that out of the way, can we establish that maybe it's *good* when a company answers its customers' questions and provides some iota of service/support, and *bad* when they don't even try? We're not just talking about Jowood's forums. I've emailed them to get some information about the Gothic release and I never got a response.

Let's get something straight. Nobody's ever suggested that they come on the forum every day and say "Hey, we don't know anything yet". Providing some kind of official information would have been nice though, like what the holdup really is, how long we can expect it to last, etc. Perhaps something more than some forum moderator dude coming on every now and then and saying "We'll make an announcement in two weeks" and then disappearing for a month. Just because Jowood now is in partnership with another company for distribution doesn't mean that they didn't completely fuck this release up.
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:26 pm
Plex
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hi!

Let me comment this quote :
quote:
Perhaps something more than some forum moderator dude coming on every now and then and saying "We'll make an announcement in two weeks" and then disappearing for a month.

...the forum moderator dude ...

Well... thats me .. besides being responsible for almost all JoWooD titles when it comes down to the forums or gamesite news.
As someone else already said .. i should have been going to the forums every hour/day and stating : "No news today about the international release."

Well that makes no sense.
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:40 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Gii

Just glad it's getting to a more solid date. Big business stinks when you have to wait for them to move.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:56 pm
Locoman
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well, I'm jumping for joy that they finally got an international distributor, and I hope we get a for real release date soon. Now, the only question is, "When do we get the expansion?" I know all the localization has been done for Gothic 2, but what about the expansion pack?
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:24 pm
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

Christmas Gold Edition G2 + Add-on. After you already bought the original. 6 months earlier in June.
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 6:57 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

quote:
Originally posted by Dhruin
Actually I think this situation has probably turned out for the best, although only time will really tell. Yes, it would have been nice to play G2 a few months ago but that would have meant JoWood had proceeded with international distribution and my guess is the sales would have been modest.

With a bit of luck under Infogrames control G2 may well be more successful which Piranha Bytes deserves. In turn, this makes it more likely that future PB games might attract a major publisher.

So for the sake of a few months delay, PB should get far more recognition which might allow them to make even better games that will reach wider audiences in the future. Really, that's a pretty good deal even if a few fans got bent out of shape.

I second that.
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:26 pm
Mike Rotch
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Now that I've calmed down some I can now say that I am actually thankful that JoWood did not give up on G2. At least they didn't leave it in a warehouse to rot because that'd be a utter same. Instead they found someone more reliable to distribute our beloved game Gothic II.
Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:36 pm
x_Noble_Paladin_x
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I hope Infogrames advertizes G2 like crazy because I want pb to get profit. Cause the more profit the more time & money the better of a game G3 will be, and the faster too. Besides if they see the US has a strong fanbase they might just publish it sooner

I wil tri my bestest too spel
www.mallmonkeys.com is funny
so is www.squidi.net
Post Sat Apr 26, 2003 2:07 am
Dbesing
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

mmm For sum reason i haven't been able to access the jowood forum or website at all?? how about y'all
Post Sat Apr 26, 2003 8:05 pm
Plex
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hi!

Reason why you can't access the JoWooD Webservers or forum are technical problems with the servers. Technicians already working on that problem. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Post Sat Apr 26, 2003 8:48 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

So the game will be released May/June? That means, it could take another 2 months.
Post Wed Apr 30, 2003 12:31 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Two is better than six, and six would be better than never.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Wed Apr 30, 2003 2:46 pm
Shurik
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Hmm..

Well, now it is kind of "pointless" to come and check the board everyday. When we didn't know what was going on with JoWood, I came to check the board daily and so many pissed off people were arguint what is going on and when the game is going to come out. I have to admit it was fun to read the posts. But now I come here everyday and everything stays the same. People have calmed down...which is good But the release date is still uknown and when is it going to be announced? Time to bug Infogrames...
Post Thu May 01, 2003 6:38 pm
Gothrinian1602
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I think that Gothic 2 will be out in no time u just forget about it and it will come dont wory... Do something else, go watch Xmen 2, The Matrix Reload, or something and you'll see that in no time you'll see "GOTHIC II OFFICIAL REALESE DATE IS ( whats ever date it is ) and wham we start playing.......lol
Post Fri May 02, 2003 2:28 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next