Psyched About Aurora
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - General

Author Thread
Northchild
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Psyched About Aurora

I'd guess you'd just call this a positive rant, but I have to say that the NWN toolset has been worth the price of admission for me. I've been looking, (for quite a while), for something that will "bridge" the basics that I've learned about programming/graphics/design and the intermediate stuff that I really want to know about but can't sink my teeth into just yet. The Aurora Toolset is perfect for this - it's wonderfully designed, uses C scripting, and is possibly the only thing on the market that has encouraged me to start looking at all of these C++/Direct X books that I purchased but never really got into. Thanks Bioware!

[/rant]
Post Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:04 am
Gaijin
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Re: Psyched About Aurora

quote:
Originally posted by Northchild
I'd guess you'd just call this a positive rant, but I have to say that the NWN toolset has been worth the price of admission for me. I've been looking, (for quite a while), for something that will "bridge" the basics that I've learned about programming/graphics/design and the intermediate stuff that I really want to know about but can't sink my teeth into just yet. The Aurora Toolset is perfect for this - it's wonderfully designed, uses C scripting, and is possibly the only thing on the market that has encouraged me to start looking at all of these C++/Direct X books that I purchased but never really got into. Thanks Bioware!

[/rant]

it is something. I downloaded the .pdf file and went to work on the tutorial. For that tiny adventure it took me near 6 hours of work to build....I shudder to think what a whole module must've taken....all in all quite fun and definately something to toy around with...

My first project is already in the works...a Tribute to Kevin Smith....Doesn't really fit the genre, but I DON'T CARE
Post Mon Jul 01, 2002 5:13 am
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

i have been working on a module for a good number of DAYS now, and, everything except the lich's sanctum works perfectly. my problem with the lich is that when i set local variables or something, he doesnt change his conversation like he is supposed to... so no one can play his little "game". so i guess we will just have to kill him

but still. if you know even a little scripting, or none, the toolset is great, you dont even need to be skilled to create a halfway decent module

Don't you feel better now?
Post Mon Jul 01, 2002 2:59 pm
Gaijin
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by SuperCowMan24
i have been working on a module for a good number of DAYS now, and, everything except the lich's sanctum works perfectly. my problem with the lich is that when i set local variables or something, he doesnt change his conversation like he is supposed to... so no one can play his little "game". so i guess we will just have to kill him

but still. if you know even a little scripting, or none, the toolset is great, you dont even need to be skilled to create a halfway decent module

Don't sell yourself short Toying with that module is one thing, creating a viable game setting is another. The scripting is only half of it, and granted that's easy once you get the hang of it...I find it more challenging to actually get the dialogue in place and what not.
Post Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:58 pm