XP bug found
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Achromatic Luminary
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Shield Fed Ex

Forget using the Shield as a way to get ill gotten XP. You have to leave the camp and return to get the shield back in the chest.
Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 2:43 pm
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Pog Exploit

This sounds like a pretty good exploit. But, will a low level character with a stealth rating of 25-30 be able to pick-pocket Pog? If so, will you be "Caught" and turn all the Trolls against you when you finish?

Just curious, since I'm searching for the statue now and would love to be able to get some extra XP's to level up a couple of times early in the game!
Post Wed Jan 29, 2003 11:26 pm
Achromatic Luminary
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Re:

The minimum stealth needed to pickpocket anyone is 50. I don't know what the minimum to get the idol is. My stealth was around 70 at the time. I wanted a theif. Save before you try it. If you get caught, all the trolls on that level surely try and smite thee...
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 4:29 am
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

What it takes to steal the idol..

Stealing the idol will succeed if you have as low stealth skill as 51. The only minus of doing this at the lowest skill is the longer time it takes for a victim (Pog) to settle down after you "bump" into him/her. Then you can steal. At skill of 51 that time is around 10 seconds for sure (may be less).

EDIT: the waiting time disadvantage is not applicable if using the trick I described above in this thread.
Post Thu Jan 30, 2003 2:58 pm
TheCleric
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

That's what I was afraid of... I've only got 30 Stealth points. I tried it anyway, but nothing happened.

I wish there were a way to edit the game files so it gave you 2 attribute points and 20 skill points when you leveled up!

I had wanted to make a good all around charachter, with better than average Magic, but I guess I'm going to have to pick either magic, combat, or stealth and specialize. Bummer!
Post Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:36 am
Xerxes712
High Emperor
High Emperor

I wish for re-spawning monsters to kill for more experience. That way I am earning my experience instead of out right cheating.

Also, respawn Twin Dealers chest to get infinite wood and stakes to kill summoned undead for 120 exp per kill. Stakes are finite in number in game.

No experience for killing a summoned demon.

You do get 1 exp point for summoning a chicken. That would take forever to level up! Then you must put on armor to decrease summon skill to cast lower than 9 to 8 or you will get the demon back, instead of chicken.
Post Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:28 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2