Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Another NOTR problem, crashes while loading, PLEASE HELP!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
damesta
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Another NOTR problem, crashes while loading, PLEASE HELP!!

Hey guys, Ive read all through these forums trying to solve this without much luck, it seems that atleast 2-3 people I know of have had this exact problem but no one has a definite answer on what to do about it. So here it is, I have G2(english version) with NOTR(german version) installed. The installation went fine. The translator mod is installed and the GothicStarter works fine. The game will start and go to the english NOTR title screen, I click "new game" and it begins to load then crashes and gives me this error message:

U:PAR: Class - size not compatible : C_ITEM
CPP - size : 524
Script - size : 504

Ive tried to contact the guys that made the translation mod but the emails keep getting returned. I'm running xp w/ sp1 and Ive tried everything I can think of; removing and completely reinstalling everything, updating all my drivers, cleaning out the registry, shutting down programs in the background, removed some adware and spyware, messed with disabling DMA. Pretty much everything other than reformatting my hard drive. Does anyone have any ideas?? Please help, Ive been waiting forever to play the add on.
Post Sat Apr 02, 2005 1:12 am
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Can you give some system specs?

Did you try to completly reinstall G2, NotR and Mod?
You have done much it sounds like and proabaly would only take about an hour, maybe as a last resort keep it in mind.

It sounds like it is something to do with the Virtual memory/Swap file.
When you say English G2 do you mean UK or US?
I would suggest tring to remove to a backup folder the file vds32.exe
from the /system folder.

I have both versions and had problem with the US version I think the Atari added copy protection didnt mesh with the NotR version, but seemed compatable with the UK version.

Has anyone had luck with the US version and NotR out of courosity?
Post Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:27 am
damesta
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

OK, its fixed, for future reference I'll tell how. I am running the UK version of the game, I had tried re-installing everything already as well as alot of other stuff. Finally, The guy that I bought the game from finally sent me a gothic2.exe file which I believe was from the polish 2.6 version of NOTR. I swapped it out with the original gothic2.exe in the C:\Program Files\JoWooD\Gothic2\System folder (this is were it is on my computer anyway) and it worked perfect first try. I don't really know what the problem was but that fixed it. If anyone is getting the same error message as me you can email me, I'll send you the file, just make sure its an email adress that will accept somthing that 4.5 mb's, I guess I can compress it if you need me to.
Post Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:20 am