swimming to the pirate island in front of the harbor
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
johnnybravo1
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

swimming to the pirate island in front of the harbor

there is a pirate island a little far from the harbor.
is it possible to swim until u reach that island?
currently i am in chapter one, low combat skills, STR 22 DEX 24, light merc armor, willow bow and wolf tooth sword.
Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:41 pm
Ratavuk
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Well, of course you can swim there. How do you know there's an pirate island ?
Did you cheat or what ? But if you are just at the beginning of the game you're normally too weak to go there because there are evil creatures lurking around everywhere.

Last edited by Ratavuk on Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:59 pm
Hindukönig
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Re: swimming to the pirate island in front of the harbor

TRAIN YOUR CHARACTER, BUY GOOD WEAPONS AND COME BACK LATER WHEN YOU'RE STRONG ENOUGH.

Man. This is a singleplayer game, which means you have to play it ALL ALONE.

BTW, this isn't a pirate's island.

If you're really that desperate, buy a hintbook or read a walkthru.
Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:12 pm
Warmskin
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

A while back as you began to ask many questions on how G2-NotR works, I posted a msg to you on this board recommending where you could go to get *all* your questions answered in basically one document. For whatever reason, you decided to *not* take my advice. That's fine, but just in case you might have forgotten, here is my post again in its entirety. Please take this in the spirit it is given:
When I first began the Gothic series years ago, I went to Gamefaqs.com. You will find a good number of files there that will help with almost all of the questions that you've been asking. Most of the info in the files there will also apply to NotR besides G2 in general (just remember LPs have been changed for G2: NotR). It's a great way to learn about how the game system actually works. Warning: These files also contain solutions to most of the 'puzzles' in the game that can ruin your enjoyment if you're not careful. But, if you just read the parts about how all the mechanics of the game work and maybe where to find some of the trainers you're looking for, you won't spoil things for yourself. I highly recommend it. Also, there are Faqs to be found around this site that will help you.
Post Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:48 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

What's all the stress for? He's just asking a question. We're here to help.

If he wants to know everything when he plays the game for the first time, then let him and either help him or don't, but don't whine that he must do it alone or get some faq.
Post Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:21 am
Hindukönig
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Sure, Sem, but swimming to the island on his own would need what? Holding a key for one or two minutes.

This isn't answering a question any more, this is babysitting.
Post Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:41 am
Warmskin
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Sem,
With all due respect (and I mean that), I wasn't whining when I suggested a FAQ would help. I was just trying to be *helpful*. He has asked many, many questions that could all be answered at one time if he'd just grab the FAQ. This would be a great help to him if he *really* wants to enjoy the game. If it was you playing for the first time, wouldn't you want to get all your questions answered immediately instead of piece-meal? Actually, I find it a little strange that he wouldn't follow our advice. The FAQ (the *large* one) over at Gamefaqs.com is enjoyable to read and gives many hints and helpful tips on how to play the game. By not getting it, he seems to be... well, I'd rather think the *best* about people, so I'll say nothing more, except that we are all trying to help him, now maybe it's time he tried to help himself a *little*. I'm afraid I'll have to agree with Hindukönig here on this. Asking a question about what's going to happen when he swims to the island instead of just *doing it* and finding out seems a bit Trollish. There, I've said it. I've been on other boards where he would have been crucified as a spammer and a troll *days* ago. Now, one of the things I enjoy about this place is that everyone seems to be courteous and truly helpful, but well, I have to start suspecting someone's motives after *this* many questions, when the answer to everything could be found in one quick d/l... If he's really young, I guess that could account for it, I guess we'll never know.
Post Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:43 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Warmskin
Sem,
He has asked many, many questions that could all be answered at one time if he'd just grab the FAQ.

And then leave me without a job. How cruel! I'm getting replaced by an internet site.
Post Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:36 am
Provok
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

From my point of view the Dot is a little too indulgent with people such as him. I've already heard/seen what a spammer Kamahl was, and in your turn I would have at least blocked his post count and give a ban for a few days/limit him to 2, maybe 3 posts per day.

He could very well PM the people who usually post in his threads and he will receive answers just the same.

quote:
Originally posted by Sem
I'm getting replaced by an internet site.

This happens very often, and behind those internet sites there are people who might also feel the same of you.
Post Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:56 am