Best two-handed weapon in game
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
Undun
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Best two-handed weapon in game

I believe that the title goes to...Lee's Axe (105 damage)!!!
You can get it easily when you meet him at the bridge inside New Camp (I think on Chapter 4) and he tells you about his days as a general on the outside world. Kick him and get it.
The two better weapons are Troll's Fist (you get it much-much later [110 damage]) and of course Uriziel (120 damage)
Post Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:50 am
Bartacus
Il Buono
Il Buono

Gomez's weapon is the better then Uriziel before you charge Uriziel. Even with the ore armour (not reïnforced, can't be unless you cheated) and a lot of levels he can still kill you if you don't fight well.
NFG member
Post Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:42 pm
Undun
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Oops, you' re right I forgot Gomez's weapon (110 damage)...!
Post Sun Dec 05, 2004 9:42 am
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

Innos Rage is more powerful, no matter if Uriziel is charged.
The extra Uriziel gives you is that you don't have to kill an enemie after it's knocked down.
Post Sun Dec 05, 2004 6:35 pm
Undun
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The "drawback" with Gomez's weapon is that you can get very late in the game. You have to find Uriziel in the Sleeper's Temple, get it back to Xardas, go to his sunken old tower and use the scroll to teleport to the fire mages.
I don't think that you can waste Gomez earlier in the game...
Post Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:32 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

You could get innos rage earlier if you really try hard, by using magic on Gomez when he is "alerted" - (holding his sword pointing downwards and saying "put the weapon down") - make him drop innos rage, but you have to be very dextrous (summersault) to quickly get behind him to give him a second dose, this will send him to far end of the room away from his throne near to the picture, this is so that Gomez will be out of detection range when you pick up the sword, you can only do this at night when out of sight of the other ore barons, trying this trick would be virtually impossible when using the mouse. Then you must run away fast (haste potion is handy) and put the sword in a chest (Diego's is o.k) and maybe wait until the next day (or sleep). Then it will be o.k to use the sword provided you don't go near Gomez again.

But if you want to cheat proper, there is in gothic, the ultimate weapon of all time which has no equal - - "the legendary lost sword of burning" this does an immense damage of 250 and it is invisible.

ITMW2HSWORDBURNING
Post Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:39 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Lee's axe, and Cor Angars' sword both have 105 damage. Innos' Rage has 110 damage, and is by far the best weapon in the game. URIZIEL has 150 damage, but because its magical/fire damage it does NOT get any strength bonus(you will do 150 damage no matter if you have 30 strength or 300), but Innos' Rage is normal damage, and so gets the strength as an added bonus. With 100 strange wielding Innos' Rage you'll do 210 damage, but URIZIEL will only do 150, even after charged.

We discussed this a few years back, and many believe that this is simply a glitch. PB made sure normal damage got strength bonus, but never thought of the fact that URIZIEL has magic damage(like spells), so they didn't add strength bonus(if you add strength bonus to magic damage, spells would get it as well - URIZIEL is really only one big spell, with the same kind of damage as spells). They should have come up with a solution though, to make it the most powerful weapon, but, oh well.. Innos' Rage is the most powerful one anyhow, and that was what people were asking about.
Post Sun Dec 26, 2004 10:21 am
Morning.LemoN
Village Leader
Village Leader

agreed about Uriziel. only thing is that armors in gothic have more melee protection than magic protection. but that wont really make a great differance
Post Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:24 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Wulf, too bad the burning sword has such short hit range....it is like a dagger. My personal fav is myself or troll fist. Troll fist just looks more badazz than the puny Innos rage....and of course URIZIEL RULEZ! in cool.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sun Dec 26, 2004 2:39 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

My personal fav. is Cor Angars weapon.. it looks cool!

The resistance against normal weapons won't matter much when someone with 110+ strength uses a 110 damage sword.. it's gonna hurt anyhow!
Post Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:32 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@Uriziel,

Lets go a little deeper with this, i am glad that you, from what you have explained re: programming and code, will completely understand, at least i hope you will.
I am convinced that the two magical swords (the 2h and 1h) as well as the warbow, are in fact, no other than overlays, but not your ordinary overlays as can be applied in marvin, these have been transposed into apparent weapons, yet they are still overlays. So now we can "apply" an overlay by insertion, so far so good i hope. Now this to the ordinary gothic player will not be fully realised but, it is the "graphical" part of the overlay, the anim' that gets inserted and, - - the only sword that inserts a burning effect to the victim, is as you know "uriziel" - - now it gets harder. When you have inserted either sword, you have in fact inserted "no" sword, only a graphicall ovelay part and to enable some effect the dev's have given a nominal damage figure in the equasion to the opponent, this means the weapons of burning, all three, 1h, 2h and warbow, are indeed used in the game, they are not secret weapons, well almost not, you will now realise that the 1h sword of burning is not used at all, - - - is it?
If, as explained in other threads, the hero export .zen file is edited, we know for a fact that a two handed sword can be held and used with only one hand, also we know that we can exchange other wierd items and fight (as if with a melee weapon) such as a piece of meat or a bottle of milk, so now if you are following this, you will have anticipated !!! ??? - - - yes that's right a bottle of milk that when used to attack an opponent causes him to "stall" slightly while at the same time be engulfed in flames, same happens with other items inserted this way.
Now we get into the good bit, because the victim/opponent is stalled while being on fire, pc-hero can now attack again, this effect gets accentuated even further, as you know 1h weapon animations are faster than 2h, so pc-hero at high dexterity with this enabled will not allow the opponent/monster to attack because pc-hero is too fast.
So in conclusion it is the 1 handed shortsword of burning that can be undeniably, the most devastating, the fastest, - and best of all this overlay can be applied to any melee weapon, say a club or staff or an axe, at one time i slayed 6 orcs with a piece of cheese in one hand and watched as they all burned to death.
This also in part, answers Maylanders point on the old topic of strength bonus.
Post Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:12 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

To get sort of a conclusion of what we are trying to say here: How a weapon looks has nothing to do with how it acts. Properties determine what a weapon does, not animation(a good example of this is good ol' BG2, where you could hit your opponent without actually hitting, because you had too many attacks per round for the animation to follow). URIZIEL is only a magical spell with the animation of a sword, and everytime you "swing" it, you are actually casting a spell, technically speaking. That is why you don't get any strength bonus from it.

Actually, Innos' Rage CAN be more powerful than the burning sword. Isn't the burning sword only a spell as well? It's been a long time since I've played Gothic(at least experimented with it), but I think it does 250 damage no matter what.. ?

If that is the case, a character of 141+ strength will in fact do more damage with Innos' Rage, and with the potions you get inside the temple of the sleeper 140 is easily passed. Of course, the speed of the weapon is an entirely different matter. Scars' sword is, according to a lot of players, the best weapon, due to the fact that it has a lot of damage, good range, and much greater speed than a 2H weapon. And with 160 damage, you can do as much damage with this, as with a magical sword of 250 damage, but with greater range..

Hmm.. I should really play the game again sometime soon; a lot of this information should be nailed in my brain by now, but actually seems somewhat blurry. That's what you get for playing too many different computer games over the years..
Post Mon Dec 27, 2004 1:34 am
Killersan the Imp
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

By damage part i have to agree with innos rage, i've done up to 714 damage per hit with innos rage [not using cheats btw (247 is max str i think and have had)], cuz you forgot criticals, that work with normal weapons. Do magical/flaming swords also have criticals? I haven't noticed that, but i might be wrong. By deadlyness the short sword of burning is best, look at it's description : This is a f-word good sword for killing all f-word animals who want to f-word you. <- The devs had quite a stresss when typing that description.
Post Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:18 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

I have beaten the game with a BADASS piece of bread as a weapon. BUt it could have been any item in the game if you "correct" it's properties. I got, ummmm, drunk and made the edits to use a stalk of swampweed as a weapon........I was bored lol.

Give an item enough "kickass" and have fun

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:02 am
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

I do not think magical weapons have criticals. They are "spells", and spells never get criticals, but I've never tested.
Post Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:04 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next