View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Detori
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

What is the flute for?

Hi all!

There is an object I have been unable to make use of and that is the flute...
...I know that if I use it then it sounds good, but is there any real use to it?

Thanks,
Detori
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 12:01 pm
lancaster6
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

curious

where did u get the flute?. i havent found it. i seem to remember grue is a musician and an artist, he plays the flute(badly), but maybe it has something to do with him.
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:02 pm
Detori
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I think I got it off the first troll I ever met who lives by the teleport ("The Great Collapse") that is next to the ice dragon...
...maybe it could be a present for Greu?
Post Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:07 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

It is not the present for sure (to get the present idea, speak to troll Burwaka, Greu's friend).
Post Wed Dec 18, 2002 2:49 pm
Heldwin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Did you kill the troll to get the Flute ?

Because as it sounds, the first troll you meet and that leaves near a teleport is ... Greu

Then, if it is Greu's Flute, I don't think it has any use in the game, because you are not supposed to kill Greu
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 4:31 am
Detori
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Heldwin
Did you kill the troll to get the Flute ?

Because as it sounds, the first troll you meet and that leaves near a teleport is ... Greu

Then, if it is Greu's Flute, I don't think it has any use in the game, because you are not supposed to kill Greu

Well, I did. To be honest I did kill the first troll I came across (that's my brutal self taking over ) not know ing he was Greu. Do I feel stupid? Yes! I throught Greu was living together with the rest of teh trolls and I thought I could just never find him (but he was there somewhere), well it seems the flute has no real use then...
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:38 am
RAVENAL
Village Leader
Village Leader

Killing Trolls

WELL...now I'm considering killing GREU...just to hear the flute...gain somepoints...but as a fellow artist I probably won't...he's so trusting...I had to kill all the trolls in level 3 to continue my game...could never get KING L or CHINKASHH to talk to me or give me Quests and cut-scene with CARLO just talked about goblins and YLSAIDS...had completed all of walkthru up to this ...but had done things out of order and played 1st on DEMO...completed it...then continued same character after buying game...so now seems I'm somewhat on track with the walkthru...but some things still don't happen...CAN'T GET THE TELEPORT (level2 near GREU) TO ACTIVATE...again CHINKASHH never gave me runes or told me about this TP activation thing...read it on this forum and had the runes so tried and it's worked elsewhere (up to level 4)completed Temple of Akbaa to where you touch blue meteor and am in level 4 REBEL OUTPOST...RESCUED SHANY also...HAS ANYONE ACTIVATED GREU'S TELEPORT???...do you have to give him book 1st?...he's in my journal...but never talked to his friend about right present...had to kill all trolls at that level once you kill 1...I KNOW WHERE IT IS ...but she won't give it to me...can't steal it...she's always looking...have to kill her but am afraid that would really skew game...ANY SUGGESTIONS???
TKS

THE TAROT
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:49 pm
lancaster6
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

start over lol

the demo differs from the game. there r some objects in different places, and some dialogue may be different. if u used the same character as ur demo character, this may have screwed up the works. just a guess tho. did u install the patch 1.15? my advice would be to uninstall, reinstall, install the patch, and play again. i hate restarting too, but seems like u have a screwed up save game from the demo. spoiler:

if u wait to go to the lower levels (lvl4) until after u give grue his b-day present, the trolls wont be hostile, in fact they will help u on side quests and with experience.
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 6:35 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Never had any trouble with greu's teleport... Used the same spell as usual.
Post Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:33 pm
sunshine
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

The flute is for motivating guardians to kill a Greu!
Post Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:22 pm
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Someone mentioned that playing the flute to the black beast on level 8 calms it down... I should verify all these tibits of rather doubtful information instead of perpetuationg the rumours... But I don't feel like playing the game over again right now...
Post Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:53 pm
Merz
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

question remains open

The flute does not calm the beast. I just replayed the dwarf level and the beast just walks towards Am Sheagar, completely ignoring the flute sounds and droped dwarf meat.

Nice try, sunshine
Post Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:55 am
Red
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

I like ir when lame rumours are dispelled, thanks for the info.
Post Sat Feb 22, 2003 12:32 pm