Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Tribunal: First impression, comments - post them here!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Remus
Overgrown Cat
Overgrown Cat

Tribunal: First impression, comments - post them here!

Okay, since some already got the game, so anyone who like to give a first impressions (short or long) and comments (praise or criticism), post them in this thread!. I haven't got it yet.
Post Fri Nov 08, 2002 4:42 am
Nael
Village Leader
Village Leader

Although the expansion does add a bit more content to the game, after about 6 hours of play I'm feeling a little disappointed . When I had first heard that an expansion was coming out I thought they would at least set it around the mainland shores surrounding Vvardenfell, but no... all we get is one lousy stinking city we can't even get out of? Maybe it's my fault for getting my hopes up but I was expecting a little bit more. I feel *VERY* confined and limited in comparison to the original game. I wasn't expecting a sequel in size and content to the original game, but cmon... so far this just strikes me as a new city with a gigantic (insert weird daedric shrine name here) underneath it all (which in itself is becoming repetitive.).

Oh well... like I said I've only been playing for 6 hours, so perhaps I will be pleasantly surprised in the days to come. There are still a few pluses:

1: Neat lookin new clothes (100% better than the rather boring and drab clothing sets to choose from in the original game)

2: The quests seem to be a tad less Fedex'ish now. I'm not gonna give any examples for anti-spoiling's sake tho

3: NPCs voice over greetings now make sense with anything in particular they have to say to you discussion wise... much more immersive this way. For example, one guy in a bar even states his name in his greeting and another NPC upon walking up to him replied "Not exactly like Skyrim around here is it Nord?" (my char obviously being a nord) Ok, maybe that isn't a *HUGE* deal but it was to me

All in all, the expansion pack is worth $30 imho, due to the fact that they have upgraded the script system and whatnot, meaning that I bet there will be some very interesting user created mods to come shortly. *sigh* I just was hoping for a little more "outdoor recreation"

PS (edit)-There is still hope however, there are gates leading out of the city but upon clicking them you get the message "You may not leave the city at this time." Hopefully meaning that Bethsoft has some unfinished business to attend to . Personally, I'd like to see an expansion pack that adds the whole east coast of Tamriel, western border being Blacklight (the city that lies due west across the vvardenfell gulf) and extends south into the Black Marsh for an Argonian-centric story. Maybe that'd take too long, but what would be even COOLER would be if possibly Bethsoft could employ the help of some enterprising amateur modders out there to help them out in such a daunting task I think that's just me getting my hopes up again tho *crosses fingers and hopes someone at bethsoft reads this*
Post Fri Nov 08, 2002 8:58 am
Legal_My_Deagle
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

as of right now, i cant wait to get started. all this has rekindled my love for morrowind. however, this is only fueling my anger, as i want to start a new character, so it will take a while to be able to be a high enough level to enjoy tribunal to its fullest. and this time, im going to be a mage, because all my previous characters were warriors, and one was a thief. the only thing im going to miss is being able to take my weapon, hit somebody on the head, they fall down, and i hit them while they are down for the finishing blow. i dont know why i loved doing that so much, but it just really added to the immersiveness of the combat to me, that you could fall down while fighting...
Post Fri Nov 08, 2002 10:40 pm
XmirroR
Village Leader
Village Leader

I have yet to receive my copy...

BUT, I want to hear about the new scripting engine...
Anyone making comments about it would be appreciated,
( Well at least until I get my copy )
~ Heh ~

-= XmirroR =-

======================
Post Sat Nov 09, 2002 5:03 am
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Damnit!

Damnit, Tribunal isn't released in this country for another 19 days!

Which gives me time, I suppose. I want to finish Morrowind with my current character (Orc, Katakk), then start Tribunal anew with a lightly-armoured archer. Better get cracking, I'm *definitely* the Nerevarine but just have to convince others of it.
Post Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:02 pm
jaycrockett
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I am loving Tribunal(after only an hour or two), mainly because it gives me an excuse to get back into one of the best games I've played in a long time. It felt good to have a reason to get back to my character! When I loaded up my save game, I realized I hadn't even healed up or sold from the final combat. It was fun just doing that. And hearing people give me props for being the head good guy. Anyway Mournhold looks awesome, and it was fun running down to the first encounter and almost getting my butt kicked. I'm level 39 so its been a while since that happened!
Anyway Morrowind was game of the year for me so more of the same is just dandy!

Later,
Post Fri Nov 15, 2002 6:54 pm