drained attributed
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
gakkie
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

drained attributed

First off i'd like to say that i am a bit frustrated by the little amout of feedback you get whilst playing.
That way, I apparently got my strength and endurance drained without even noticing, until I wanted to add some more stuff to my inventory: encumbered !
I am a Nordic fighter with strength 65 and endurance on 62. Now they are on 27 (!) and 57 (!).
I cant seem to restore them. The temple (balmora) only restores normal/blight decease. I've seen no potions for this, also, the game gives no other info other than the two red stats.

Any help appreciated !
Post Sun May 05, 2002 8:45 pm
Paldarion
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

he drained thing is "common disease." There are pots, scrolls, and spells that cure it.
Post Sun May 05, 2002 9:02 pm
gakkie
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

No it ain't I spent a fortune on scrolls, spells, shrines already.
Cure common decease doesn't restore it.
However, I finally found a merchant (moonmoth fortress) that had some
restore strength potions on him. 3 bargain potions. Not enough to restore to full strength,
but at least better than the 27 I had. I had to drop most of my stuff, uncluding armor.....
I am still not happy with the way the game gives feedback to the player.
great game, but has it flaws.
Post Sun May 05, 2002 9:13 pm
Paldarion
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Funny. Cure common disease always works for me so far.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 11:09 am
gakkie
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

I wish it did for me too Spent some 3 hours on getting this thing corrected... shrines, temples, merchants... I was about to throw the game into the corner...
Post Mon May 06, 2002 11:42 am
Kilmar

quote:
Originally posted by gakkie
I wish it did for me too Spent some 3 hours on getting this thing corrected... shrines, temples, merchants... I was about to throw the game into the corner...

Donate to one of the shrines on the top floor of Balmore's Temple. It's the last spell. Called something like "Restore Attributes". One 35 gold donation will cure all drained attributes.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 5:12 pm

Paldarion
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The 4 times I was "drained" were all during fights with diseased creatures. Seems i caught Broen Rot one time, and who knows what else.

When I was afflicted, talking to NPCs would have them tell me not to get so close because they didn't want to catch anything. They told me I had to get cured before anyone would talk to me. Each time casting "cure common disease" worked for me. I guess I was lucky to get something that cured so easily.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 5:25 pm
Paldarion
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The 4 times I was "drained" were all during fights with diseased creatures. Seems I caught Brown Rot one time, and who knows what else.

When I was afflicted, talking to NPCs would have them tell me not to get so close because they didn't want to catch anything. They told me I had to get cured before anyone would talk to me. Each time casting "cure common disease" worked for me. I guess I was lucky to get something that cured so easily.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 5:26 pm
Beo
Space Defender
Space Defender

If your attributes are drained/debuffed by undead creatures, drink Restore attributes potions (the strong ones) to recover.
Post Tue May 07, 2002 1:06 am
gakkie
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Originally posted by Kilmar

Donate to one of the shrines on the top floor of Balmore's Temple. It's the last spell. Called something like "Restore Attributes". One 35 gold donation will cure all drained attributes.

hmmm must've overlooked that one ?? Thx !
Post Tue May 07, 2002 12:37 pm
Kilmar

Here's a funny story:

First off, I am playing a female wood elf thief.

I was fighting in one of the caves near the ebony mines with a bunch of slaves. The head guy there was a mage with a summoned creature *bone something* After I finished off the bonething, I found I was unable to move. I pulled out my trusty chitin shortbow and killed the mage using about 60 arrows (he was stuck running towards me with a table in the way). So there I was, unable to move since my strength was drained to 0, and haven't save for hours.

All I had was 1 potion of fortify 50 str and 2 fortify 30 str. I drank the fortify 50 and I ended up with 17 str! I drank all 3 potions and that made it enough for me to move for 60 seconds. I moved to the nearest chest in the room where I killed the mage and dropped ALL of my stuff into the chest. There I am, nekkid as a jaybird, with nothing but my bare fists to defend myself, but I was able to run (with 0 str, your run is just a bit faster than your normal walking speed).

I started running to the only temple I remembered, which was in Balmora. Lemme tell you it was quite a trek for a naked female wood elf thief to run from the ebony mines to Balmora with 0 str. I was able to avoid all confrontations and finally cured myself in the temple.

Some notes while being naked:
* talk to people when you are naked, they say some really funny stuff
* I heard catcalls and whistles when I ran past people (hehe).
* naked is FUN!
Post Tue May 07, 2002 4:04 pm