Huh? Where are all the fat ppl ???
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
new here
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Huh? Where are all the fat ppl ???

Bah! I quess all the Morrowindians are frigging vegetarians! I want to play a fat, lazy sob who does nothing else than pissing off ppl, and from time to time kicks some asses.
Darn, I thought this game was made in the US! It's about time that some1 makes a mod so i can play my lazy bum.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 12:20 am
OhBrandi
The Pun-Slayer
The Pun-Slayer

Yeah...and I wanted to play a rich old lady with a couple dozen scantily clad gigalos, but sheesh....no one thought to make that mod for me yet.

=Member of The Nonflamers' Guild=
=Neverwinter Nights Co-Moderator=
Post Thu May 16, 2002 1:23 am
Bob
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

This aint America buddy this is Morrowind. hehehe

damn ohbrandi
i have read a few of your post and you are one horny lady lol
Post Thu May 16, 2002 2:57 am
Psiwar

More seriously now...

Where are the fat ppl, old ppl and most important... the children?
Post Thu May 16, 2002 3:00 am

Guest10100101

quote:
Originally posted by Psiwar
More seriously now...

Where are the fat ppl, old ppl and most important... the children?

"Where are the children?"

That has been going through my mind while playing the game. Kinda like a reverse "Children of the Corn".
Post Thu May 16, 2002 3:05 am

OhBrandi
The Pun-Slayer
The Pun-Slayer

Bob,

While that may be true , I don't recall posting anything else with a sexual tinge to it. This thirty-something thing must be more powerful than even I realized.

=Member of The Nonflamers' Guild=
=Neverwinter Nights Co-Moderator=
Post Thu May 16, 2002 9:23 am
kparti
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

and raise children? and have a family i can return to after a hard day with 2 assasination? and i'd get older and older....my only passion'd be to watch soccer-match, drink beer...and became fat...ohh my god, glorious moments...
Post Thu May 16, 2002 12:12 pm
JohnnyRock30
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Alright Bob. Don't make me break out the Canada humor......
Post Thu May 16, 2002 12:47 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Morrowind is a world wide release and some laws in Europe don't allow children in RPGs (Look at the Euro releases and notes for Fallout, Fallout 2, etc). I don't know why... probably because if there are children in a game like this, you can kill or hurt children in a game like this (though those who do are sick $&*@!).

As for the fat people. Easy. Go into the construction set and change race settings weight values. Go above three and you'll be so fat you can't fit through doors...

Ambitious people could add children there too. Just makes copies of all the races and change the weight and height values and rename them Dark Elf Child, Redguard Child, etc.... then give them a dialogue script and drop them in. Problem being that the adult models are for the most party so FRIGGING ugly that I wouldn't wish them on any child...

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Thu May 16, 2002 1:06 pm

Yeah... murdering Dark Elf infants in the real world is a real problem this days. Or maybe i should stop kicking my Orc son in the face when he gets beat up at school. I don't want him growing to be a mean, barbaric pig. Oh wait...

I don't know where in Europe you have that laws but i don't remember Baldur's Gate having any problems. Oh, and i am in Europe by the way.
Post Thu May 16, 2002 2:18 pm

EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Hey, just posting by what I saw happen in the european versions of the Fallout series. I don't live in europe so it's all a guess.

That and children would require new models for each race. Why double your mesh usage (male and female of each race's children) for the sake of half sized adults? Is perhaps getting a few kid assigned quests or save my kidnapped child missions worth doing that?

The NPCs are the weakest part of Morrowind. They're all insomniacs and although chairs abound seem terrified to sit in them (perhaps afraid that if they sit they'll fall asleep ... and then the terrible dreams will begin...).

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

Post Thu May 16, 2002 2:25 pm
Dwango
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Well, if you worry about players killing the virtual children, why not do what was done in Wasteland. There were serious consequences if you killed the children in the first town. A great warrior would show up and kick your team's asses. Of course, some people started killing the kids just to fight the warrior.

Maybe just do what they do in real life in Virginia. If you do something considered really heinous, instead of a fine or jail time, they execute you. Maybe if you go beyond a certain bounty price you get the auto-matic death penalty on capture. I mean, these are dark elves and I doubt they are too liberal. Heck, their ordinators kill you for wearing the wrong armor.

-Dwango
Post Thu May 16, 2002 3:10 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Try as you might you can't put everything into a computer RPG (yet). So you have to cut corners where you can.

In all honesty do I miss the sniveling CRPG generic dullard children from other games (especially BG2)? No.

Do I miss the fact that there are no fat beer guzzling barflies? No.

Especially since the game shipped with the power to create both.

Post Thu May 16, 2002 3:19 pm
Squeetard
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Besides, this is a role playing game. Given that we are all fat lazy slobs in real life, where's the stretch?
Post Thu May 16, 2002 4:36 pm
Sand

Obviously, everyone spends too much time running everywhere and jumping off things to get skill raises.

Besides, how heavy would you be if you never slept and stood all day, every day?
Post Thu May 16, 2002 5:00 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next