View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
blackd0t
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

The Story About Choosing Different Guild Than You Want

Hi!

I've got a REALLY big problem. I made a big mistake, such big that I can't repair it. I joined the militia thinking that this is the only way to talk to Lord Hagen. The chapter ended and I wanted to join the monastery as I planned. Then the guy at the gate told me that I've already chosen my way and I can't join. I got quite pissed since I had no savegame from the time before I joined the militia. I started searching the exe file in hex editor to find some way to erase myself from the guild through the game console. After an hour I could write:

set guild GIL_NONE

I was very happy, but then I realised that I am already in chapter 2 and I can't take any jobs in the monastery and all I can ask Parlor is to increase my mana . What can I do now? Is there any way I can change the chapter to be the first one again?

Please, help!
Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:30 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

Instead of going through everything you already went through, you could have started the game over and would have been a member of the magicians guild by now. You only need to do chapter 1 over again. It's not that big a deal. Chapter 1 is really fun too. Just don't rush chapter 1 the second time through, and try to explore a little more. There are a lot of easy MOBS you can kill in chapter 1 that are sort of hidden, or away from the main paths. The more MOBS you kill before making it to chapter 2, the more you'll be able to train and get stronger. Chapter 1 is one of the funnest, you shouldn't feel like your doing the same thing over again by doing chapter 1 over again...
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 4:12 pm
blackd0t
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok, I did what you said. I made it through the first chapter again, but now I know that this game is GREAT. The quest "The test of magic" ( I don't know the name as I don't have the english version ) is wonderful. I set up my journey in the morning and got on place near midnight. The feeling of walking in the forest is outstanding.

Now I'm finally the Mage .
Post Sat Jul 19, 2003 11:11 am
elkston
High Emperor
High Emperor

I enjoyed the "test of magic" as well. It was my favorite part about playing the mage path. A very well done series of quests.
Post Sat Jul 19, 2003 1:33 pm
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

This game is great! Don't forget, after you beat the game as a Mage, you can play it again as either a mercenary or paladin/militia. All three have their own unique storylines. All of them are extremely fun.

Edit: Some good advice is to keep a saved game at the end of every chapter, just in case you decide you want to go back and do something differently. For example, if talking to a certain NPC or walking in a certain room/area triggers the next chapter, keep a saved game slot for just before talking to that certain NPC or walking in a certain room/area. Name the saved game slot something like, "The End of Previous Chapter." This is just a good precaution to take...
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Sat Jul 19, 2003 3:39 pm
joshuax
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Pretty sure that changing your guild affiliation via the marvin cheat would've worked too. Ah well you sound happy now!
Post Mon Jul 21, 2003 1:00 am
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Yes, there's the guild flag on abilities screen, changing that would allow that too and it's fast and easy. Of course, it wont help you if you're already in middle of Chapter 2, as you said. But you did the right thing, played through it again and explored it more, so it's even better.

And definately play the game through with each class (paladin, dragonhunter and made), they're different enough in many areas to make it interesting each time.
Post Sat Jul 26, 2003 4:40 pm